Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 2568 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 08-14-2014, 10:20 AM   #38506
sirhk100

Well, I was supposed to be chasing up to Reno tomorrow and having a 3 day weekend but plans changed. So now I've got a 3 day weekend home with nothing really planned so what am I gonna do? Well you know... Same ole shiat...

I've never done a lay down type spare setup and I think being fullsized width I'll be able to pull this off. I'm currently on 35's but will set it up for 37's. Something like these...

Sorta kinda the direction I'm thinking about going. I figure the truck is not likely to be raced and if it is, the one race that does appeal to me shouldn't see much nerfing so the lack of a solid big rear bumper I think is fine. Here's the blank canvas...

And here's two rough ideas... Option A here is incorporating a large hoop style rear bumper that would be about 13" tall. Basically the same style bumper that's on the back of the race truck. The spare tires would actually sit up on top of the top tube. In both of these setups option A and B long term, I'd like to build a storage space underneath the tires.

For reference, the style of rear bumper that setup would run and like I said, tires would lay flat on top of the top tube.

Now option B would be a smaller rear bumper like what the first two trucks above have. This would allow the tires to sit lower, granted, I'm sacrificing that storage area but then again, this isn't a motorhome we're talking.

Curious, thoughts? Right now I'm really leaning towards option B... I actually would likely build a tire rack that actually would bolt onto that top bar setup and would allow the whole rack to hinge up to gain access to the area below the tires. Someday down the road I'd have that space underneath plated in to work as a storage compartment.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-14-2014, 11:38 AM   #38507
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

What's the race this weekend? I seen like 38 chase trucks towing their race vehicles already this morning

image-2791158816.jpg

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-14-2014, 11:43 AM   #38508
sirhk100

Vegas 2 Reno. Contingency is at Aliante right now. Race starts tomorrow morning.

Unread 08-14-2014, 11:55 AM   #38509
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
Vegas 2 Reno. Contingency is at Aliante right now. Race starts tomorrow morning.
Yeah there are like a million trucks at aliante right now. Neat. I should enter the ranger in the race! Hell I got a brand new brake booster and master cylinder, that should help!

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 08-14-2014, 12:23 PM   #38510
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Well as of 850am today(around that time) I have finally won custody of my son!!! God it feels good to finally be done with this and have me and my son be able to live our lives properly.
Unread 08-14-2014, 12:34 PM   #38511
sirhk100

Massive congrats!

Unread 08-14-2014, 01:01 PM   #38512
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Congrats Steve, I always see the fun you are having with him on Facebook. Glad you'll get to be the one who gets him all growed up!

Unread 08-14-2014, 02:56 PM   #38513
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Massive congrats!
Thank you Khris!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
Congrats Steve, I always see the fun you are having with him on Facebook. Glad you'll get to be the one who gets him all growed up!
Thank you Andrew, this is a wonderful day and one less thing off my plate. Next is getting the finances in order lol

Here's a quote from Ms. Doubtfire that is true that I like.

Because, ever since my children were born, the moment I looked at them, I was crazy about them. Once I held them, I was hooked. I'm addicted to my children, sir. I love them with all my heart. And the idea of someone telling me I can't be with them, I can't see them every day... It's like someone saying I can't have air. I can't live without air, and I can't live without them. Listen, I would do anything. I just want to be with them. I know I need that, sir. We have a history. And I just... They mean everything to me. And they need me as much as I need them.
Unread 08-14-2014, 03:09 PM   #38514
sirhk100

Saw this just the other day...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=836327613061503

Unread 08-14-2014, 03:37 PM   #38515
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Hey Rodney, how about this one?

$53,000

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/vehic...l#post27222497

Unread 08-14-2014, 03:44 PM   #38516
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
Hey Rodney, how about this one?

$53,000

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/vehic...l#post27222497
I like it. And no body damage like the other one. But 53 is a stretch.
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-14-2014, 06:13 PM   #38517
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand_ZJ
Well as of 850am today(around that time) I have finally won custody of my son!!! God it feels good to finally be done with this and have me and my son be able to live our lives properly.
congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus
Hey Rodney, how about this one? $53,000 http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/vehic...l#post27222497
Nice rig and an awesome build. I hate that he is having to sell it after he has put in so much time and money to build a family friendly rig.. but his situation has changed so I really hope he can get as much out of it as he can.
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-14-2014, 06:27 PM   #38518
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Kinda like these redneck speaker boxes
http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/snd/4613775062.html
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-14-2014, 06:33 PM   #38519
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

You should be cool like marn and build them out of ammo cans

Unread 08-14-2014, 07:02 PM   #38520
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez
congrats! Nice rig and an awesome build. I hate that he is having to sell it after he has put in so much time and money to build a family friendly rig.. but his situation has changed so I really hope he can get as much out of it as he can.
Def looks like a well built and clean rig.

I can't imagine how much he has in it if he is selling it for 53, unless he is like Powr and trying to recover every dollar.

I cannot fathom having $53,000 tied up in a vehicle, whether it's built or stock or worth it or not, but then again I am poor and would likely never be able to afford that in any foreseeable portion of the future. Then again I don't know if I would even want to afford it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.