Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 2567 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 08-12-2014, 10:26 PM   #38491
lockedwheels
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I had to drive a semi, 15 person vans, and a bus....all left hand drive through crazy small british roads. I feel very comfortable driving anything here in the states now!

lockedwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2014, 10:37 PM   #38492
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Give me one of our massive f350's and a 14k pound dump trailer and I'm fine, just hate this damn van lol

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2014, 10:55 PM   #38493
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

In HS I drove a refrigerator truck with ice back and forth from LV to St G. And it was always over loaded and that thing was a nightmare in traffic just because it wouldn't go or stop. due to the box on the back you couldn't see anything either. Now I have the same view as many others everything else is cake now, and driving my wife's car is so fun because it fits everywhere.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-12-2014, 11:13 PM   #38494
4x4Brit
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockedwheels
I had to drive a semi, 15 person vans, and a bus....all left hand drive through crazy small british roads. I feel very comfortable driving anything here in the states now!
I feel bad for you, lol. Driving in the UK sucks.
4x4Brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2014, 08:19 AM   #38495
sirhk100

Brakes on my motorized box work great! Even with a truck being towed behind it!

On the other hand... Walked out to the garage this morning just as my water heater started leaking. Good times! Guess I know my afternoon plans now! Oh well... Could've been worse, had I not walked out this morning just as it started, I don't want to know what it would've looked like. Or better yet, if it had happened Friday morning just after I leave for 3 days to return to that flood!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2014, 08:47 AM   #38496
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

That sucks. I know an awesome jeep obsessed plumber if you need one....lol

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 08-13-2014, 08:48 AM   #38497
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

And maybe the brakes work fine on here I don't think they are messed up just saying its a lil deferent stopping a 3/4ton van than a ranger lol

It's nice enough though, 2011. Newest vehicle out company owns

Quote:
- Jerry Reed

Unread 08-13-2014, 09:00 AM   #38498
sirhk100

Already chatted with him. Not gonna bug him unless I really really need the help. Asked him a couple basic questions. Biggest thing is going to be if I can physically move the old one and get the new one in place solo. I'm not sure if my plumbers crack is beefy enough to handle that...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2014, 10:31 AM   #38499
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Oh my god this van. It's got all sorts or drawers and cabinets and lockers and **** in the back and every time you hit a bump its like somebody slams a locker shut and sounds like the damn thing is gonna rattle apart.

I'm over this thing. I'm taking the truck with no AC. I wish I hadn't been the one that broke that a few years ago when driving it to Cali. I also broke the intake manifold on it last year while driving it because I broke my ranger...and that 3000 dollar truck needed like 2000 worth of work lol. I break trucks alot

Quote:
- Jerry Reed

Unread 08-13-2014, 10:48 AM   #38500
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

See another reason to keep the FSJ.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2014, 11:13 AM   #38501
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah, my van rattles and makes all sorts of noise. It's the high pitched screeching sounds that really bother me. The rest I can deal with. Mine also vibrates like a...well, vibrator at highway speeds. Enough that my computer and clipboard frequently walk off onto the floor. The van does have some go power though!
Unread 08-13-2014, 02:35 PM   #38502
JPrich

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4Brit View Post
I feel bad for you, lol. Driving in the UK sucks.
Operating a motor vehicle around London can only marginally be considered "driving" anyway.
JPrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2014, 04:47 PM   #38503
lockedwheels
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPrich View Post

Operating a motor vehicle around London can only marginally be considered "driving" anyway.
Aint that the truth. I had a skyline for my personal vehicle so i had some fun off duty. Just had to know where the speed cameras were.
lockedwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2014, 08:56 PM   #38504
4x4Brit
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockedwheels
Aint that the truth. I had a skyline for my personal vehicle so i had some fun off duty. Just had to know where the speed cameras were.
Ok, the Skyline could ease the pain a bit!
4x4Brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2014, 09:36 PM   #38505
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

$550 later I got my lil truck back

Quote:
- Jerry Reed

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.