Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 2558 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Want to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under We have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!Flowmaster Overstock: Special Holiday Pricing!!!!

Unread 08-06-2014, 12:37 PM   #38356
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus
But I dunno, i think they look pretty decent with a mild lift and some tires. The available Hemi is great option too. I dunno about others, but the last Hemi I had was a great engine, had over 145k on it and never any real issues.
check the Wk section. From my little experience from parking them they felt very "cheap" even the high optioned models just felt like a crappy interior that felt hollow if that makes sense. The Hemi felt powerful enough though.

ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-06-2014, 12:57 PM   #38357
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

hmmm.

I was doing a bunch of reading on the older 80 series land cruisers, like the one I wanted to trade for, and so many people have said the 6 cyl is soooooooo incredibly under powered that it's a deal breaker for a lot of them. That's pretty much the only downside other than highly expensive repairs. Guess people say they are 1,000,000 mile trucks and are built like absolute tanks, but engine swaps get absurdly expensive. Thats all a shame because I had always been interested in them.

And the 100 series start to get kinda expensive.

Sigh.

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-06-2014, 01:26 PM   #38358
sirhk100

I know nothing about the WK line but like you, I do think they look really good with a small lift and bit larger more aggressive tire!

On the other hand, I don't think I have any Andrew WK but I do like the party hard song. I'm confident enough with myself to admit that outloud. LOL

Never knew that about the cruisers either! Have just always heard that right out of the box they're phenomenal in the dirt. They're basically the Rubicon way before there was a Rubicon... Sucks the motor swaps are so pricy!!!

Are you just openly dreaming or is there a legit vehicle change in your near future? Sure seems like you've been eyeballing different options lately!

For the first time in memory I'm actually 100% stoked on my collection. My biggest thing is say a year from now, when hopefully the Mustang is finished up and dialed in... There's a small part of me that wonders if the Exploder will be worth keeping? Right now it's an unknown. I have a feeling when the F150 is finished up, the expo probably won't see a ton of dirt use. I mean, hmmmm, take out the insane truck or go wheel average trails with the exploder? I know my answer on that... The savior will be if I get into longer more expedition multi day type trips, the value of the exploder will be more there. I intend for the Mustang to eventually become my DD so that's the reason the Exploder could be on the chopping block but right now it's an unknown considering I've never even driven the F150 and the Mustang isn't my DD. Till all that happens, it's just thoughts and nothing more cause I do really like the exploder!

BTW, the F150 officially won't be firing up this weekend. There was a good chance but that got shot down last night. Wiring harness has a mistake which is no biggie but won't be fixed till Monday most likely. Should have my yoke Friday though so transmission will be back together this weekend. Will be ultra stoked if my engine cooler shows up this week too!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-06-2014, 01:32 PM   #38359
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

I am stuck hard core on the love/hate relationship with my wag right now. Teetering on a fine line between both sides.

I feel like if I threw another $1500 into fuel injection it may be pretty much there....but the idea of spending any more money on that **** heap kills me. I also NEED a headliner, and the quote i got was $600 which blew my mind.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 08-06-2014, 01:52 PM   #38360
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus
I am stuck hard core on the love/hate relationship with my wag right now. Teetering on a fine line between both sides. I feel like if I threw another $1500 into fuel injection it may be pretty much there....but the idea of spending any more money on that **** heap kills me. I also NEED a headliner, and the quote i got was $600 which blew my mind.
headliners are not that hard to do. It makes a bit of a mess but it is a simple fix. I think you get the FI and some a/c going you will be very happy.

The biggest problem in my eyes is if you sell it you won't come out ahead, and when you find a Toyo you like I bet you put more into it to make you happy then you would just putting those same funds into the waggy. Just my .02
Unread 08-06-2014, 01:55 PM   #38361
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

My headliner is the bow style. Thats lots more work than laying some fabric over the cardboard type :-(

Apparently the material and whatnot is a unicorn, the guy (who is a friend of a friend) said he exhausted his resources trying to find a kit for my wag, and found one, located at some jeep aficionado place which makes it instantly like 10x more expensive for the material (read: unicorn headliner, unicorn axle....)

Unread 08-06-2014, 02:07 PM   #38362
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Here you go. http://www.carupholsteryguys.com/headliner_bow.pdf
Just use denim or some other heavy duty fabric and call it good.
Unread 08-06-2014, 02:34 PM   #38363
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

yes, but i have no way to make the headliner, it requires stitching and blah blah blah.

It's gonna be alot of money but I'd rather have it done right and warrantied.

Another $350 for the front seat to be reupholstered in matching material to the back. sigh. then i can do my own carpet.

Unread 08-06-2014, 02:43 PM   #38364
sirhk100

Can't you make one outta paracord?

Unread 08-06-2014, 02:50 PM   #38365
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post

that would cost alot more than $600

Unread 08-06-2014, 02:51 PM   #38366
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Lol that would be sick!
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-06-2014, 03:45 PM   #38367
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

there is a "your jeep when you bought it vs. now" thread in the picture section.

I posted it and immediately got depressed.

The day i bought it:

Just recently:

How in the **** is there like $7000 or $8000 difference between those two ****ing pictures? ****!

Unread 08-06-2014, 03:55 PM   #38368
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Engine swap - $400?
Transmission rebuild - $450
Transmission re-rebuild - $800
Front axle build - $1200 with steering and brakes?
Carburetor - $300
Multiple Batteries - $200
Rear axle purchase and rebuild - $750?
Brake booster, prop vales, lines, blah blah blah $300?
Radiator $300?
Steering box - $150
Wheels, wheel paint, tire mounting - $200?
Gas Tank - $100
Fuel pump - $200
Healight upgrade - $150
Bed Liner and various interior upgrades - $150
Exhaust that i ended up cutting off - $150
Exhaust that i will need to use to replace - $100
A boat load of other misc replacement parts and whatnot.

Thats crap just off the top of my head ans is just about $6000. **** adds up over the years. I figure i spend roughly $2000 a year on it, give or take.

Unread 08-06-2014, 04:08 PM   #38369
sirhk100

Hey Marn, here's a difference of $7000...

and...

What's not pictured there is the brand new long block also within that $7000 that's sitting across the room from me right now.

So... Do I dare try and call out a weekend my truck will hit dirt?

Unread 08-06-2014, 04:36 PM   #38370
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

yeah, you have a neat classic car that is worth something and you can build for next to nothing due to your job and your personal skills as a mechanic/fabricator.

I have a **** box that was a shot box then and is a **** box now, that is not worth anything, and is not reliable, and is not capable, and is not comfortable.

I paid $3000 for it. Dumped another 7 or 8 into it. total cost is right there around 10-11.

I dont even think i could get $5000 for it.

I get it that it's not an investment, but holy **** that makes me sick to my stomach. I could sell it and i wouldnt even have the means to buy a newish vehicle. I am poor as ****.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.