Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 2542 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 07-10-2014, 04:46 PM   #38116
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Apparently, I am completely ignorant of the definition of hate speech. Nowhere in that video did anyone use any language to incite violence on anyone. A statement was made about a question that was asked. The statement was not biased by race or religion, and perhaps the "facts" may not be accurate by the exact numbers, but the historical relevance is accurate. Historical atrocities ARE offensive. Ignoring violent acts and letting the responsible parties go unpunished IS offensive. When dealing with people that have a violent mindset, words won't defend against explosives and guns.

Unread 07-10-2014, 05:50 PM   #38117
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Her facts are horribly wrong, 15% to 25% of Muslims are not out kill westerners. She's equating the Muslim religion to nations that committed atrocities to their people. How can you compare a religion to a nation? They are two completely different structures. She's implying all Muslims are bad because the majority didn't discover and stop the actions of a small minority that most where not even aware existed or where plotting violence. By her logic all Christians are responsible for the actions of the Oklahoma city bombers. She's inciting others to hate Muslims using flawed logic and incorrect facts so yes I consider it hate speech.

If you want to talk about historical atrocities then Christians have no leg to stand on. In the name of our religion we repeatedly attempted to kill every Muslim in the holy land. And you wonder why so many Muslims dislike Christians when all you have to do is look at what our ancestors did to them during the crusades. We're still dealing with the after effects of that historical violence but no one wants to admit it.

Until we stop the hate we will never build a lasting peace. We should absolutely respond to the terrorists with the necessary violence to eliminate the threat but we need to stop there. Blaming an entire religion for the actions of a few individuals will do nothing but make more Muslims hate us and lead to more violence.
matthew900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2014, 06:34 PM   #38118
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Depending on when the video was taken, the woman may have been basing her statement on previous intelligence reports that estimated the number to be around 13%, which was a British report. The number has been reduced to 7%. What's 7% of 1.8 billion?
She wasn't comparing religion to nations. She was comparing religious beliefs to political beliefs. Political an religious beliefs are very similar in their effect on people. Groups commit violence and are fiercely divided in much the same ways between religions an political parties.
Since you brought up the crusades an stated that it was the Christians that started it, so who an blame them, I'll comment on that as well. You did nothing but validate the view that violent retaliation for past injustices is acceptable behavior. It's not. Your statement isn't even based in fact either. The crusades began in retaliation for the Turkish Muslim sacking of Jerusalem in 1065, which killed 3000 Christians. The crusades began in 1095 to reclaim Jerusalem from the Muslims.
People need to realize that terrorism can't be solved by loving it out of existence.
Just because people find things offensive doesn't mean it should be censored and/or banned.
Unread 07-10-2014, 07:01 PM   #38119
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Why do I feel like it's the media and our government keeping the terrorist thing on going? I feel like it's the shiny object to keep everyones attention on both sides of the subject. Government pokes and prods terrorists into attacking, along with keeping them armed, and media always covering the story to keep our attention on it while something more serious is happening in the background.

Terrorism will never stop in this world. Atrocities will never stop in this world. Humans by nature are cruel evil beings. We as people will never live in harmony with each other or the world it's self. This exchange on this forum speaks for that in just a small way, too many views on one subject, too many "my opinion matters only" attitudes get thrown around.

Violence will happen. I will do my best if it ever comes to me, my family, and my friends. I wont blame the tool that was used to hurt my loved ones, but I will go after the person who did it. Terrorist, thug, crack head, friend, family, whom ever.

Few people learn from the past because people who live in the present think it wont happen to them, or it's too far away from me for me to do anything about it. I try to fallow the peaceful teaching of Jesus Christ, but I know there are some out there who twist it into something else. I am sure there some Muslims who try to fallow what peaceful teachings there are in Islam.

This middle east conflict will never end, and will just get worse.
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2014, 07:15 PM   #38120
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

You feel that it's fundamentally wrong to punish the whole over the actions of a few, yet just last week that's precisely what you condoned! You said it would be just fine to limit the size of firearm magazines to 10rds because of the radical minorities who use them in evil ways. Force everyone in the country to pay for the poor choices the few have made in their lives. Do you see the hypocrisy in that?
It's not the government nor the media keeping the terrorism going. It's been a fighting that has been raging for centuries, and builds and calms in tides. The only way to stop it is for one side to be completely eradicated. That won't happen, so it will rage forever. We're dealing with a group of people who willfully accept blowing themselves up with explosives to reduce the number of the enemy. There is no rationalizing with people like that. For the most part, the radicals are still living like they did centuries ago. It's a medieval mindset with modern weapons and tactics.
Unread 07-10-2014, 07:23 PM   #38121
sirhk100

speaking of religion and church...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=598459246892066

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2014, 08:39 PM   #38122
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Hey guys, take it to the political section.

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2014, 08:47 PM   #38123
sirhk100

I don't think mine was political though, mine was spiritual...

Unread 07-10-2014, 08:51 PM   #38124
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Seriously!? How many countless politically charged discussions and debates have we had on this thread? Now that someone gets "offended" it's not suitable anymore? There's been plenty of topics and things posted that I found offensive, however am a big boy and can handle it.
Unread 07-10-2014, 11:12 PM   #38125
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

meme1227905720.jpg
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2014, 02:10 AM   #38126
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I can't...no words. All I can say is, don't go down!

image-3951871339.jpg

Imagine the mess it would make...
Unread 07-11-2014, 08:08 AM   #38127
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

I don't give a crap about anybody being offended. there's a reason that room exists.

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2014, 08:51 AM   #38128
sirhk100

Junkyard run tomorrow AM if anyone wants me to keep an eye out for anything... There's your notice! Not saying I'm going to pull parts for you but will at the very least let you know if potentially something is there. I'm looking for a pair of nuts... Yup, I totally just said it!!! Actually it's a ratcheting pair of nuts to be more exact. Hopefully that's not offensive or political.

Unread 07-11-2014, 10:11 AM   #38129
JPrich

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Junkyard run tomorrow AM if anyone wants me to keep an eye out for anything... There's your notice! Not saying I'm going to pull parts for you but will at the very least let you know if potentially something is there. I'm looking for a pair of nuts... Yup, I totally just said it!!! Actually it's a ratcheting pair of nuts to be more exact. Hopefully that's not offensive or political.
Are they left wing nuts or right wing nuts?
JPrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2014, 10:34 AM   #38130
sirhk100

That's a decent question... I think they're right hand nuts.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.