Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 2536 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineHalloween Savings to die for!We have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplie

Unread 06-28-2014, 02:37 PM   #38026
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Here ya go Marn
img_66505093707725.jpeg

Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-29-2014, 02:52 PM   #38027
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Avoid 15 south along the strip. Don't know what the hell was going on but just saw a cab driver on the right shoulder hanging halfway out of his car face on the ground and all kinds of people running around.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-29-2014, 02:53 PM   #38028
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
Avoid 15 south along the strip. Don't know what the hell was going on but just saw a cab driver on the right shoulder hanging halfway out of his car face on the ground and all kinds of people running around.
Damn! Pics or it didn't happen
Unread 06-29-2014, 07:19 PM   #38029
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor0206
Damn! Pics or it didn't happen
I was in the right lane of the express lanes. I came upon him too fast to take a pic and I was too far over to the left to stop to help. Had I been in one of the normal lanes, I would have stopped.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-30-2014, 09:56 AM   #38030
sirhk100

Electrical crap adds up so fast! LOL I hit up the junkyard this weekend. Anyone that ever needs a nice high quality master type plug, find yourself a late '90s honda/acura car with power windows and check out the main plug for the drivers side master door switch panel. Great connector, 16 wires total, good mix of really heavy and light ga wires.

I already picked up a ton of butt connectors and spades and ring terminals and stuff but picking up a couple more plus a TON of 18ga and 12ga wires in all sorts of neato colors for my colorblind fun! I'm spending the extra cash as I only want to do this once and don't want to chase gremlins a year from now from cheap parts. All of my connectors are the style that you crimp and then hit with a torch and they have solder built in and the wrap is heat shrink. So basically all spades, ring terminals, butt connectors, etc will be crimped, soldered and heat shrunk. Picked up a bunch of regular heat shrink also but got the type that has the adhesive inside it as well. I figure do it once and do it right... Hopefully!!! The pocket book is hurting but once it's finished you forget about that and hopefully it helps it last the life of the truck!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-30-2014, 10:49 AM   #38031
sirhk100

I'm gonna be roughly $700 in electrical goodies at this point!!! LOL Never hurts to have the stuff around the garage though you know! Funny thing is, in the past 6 months I've been buying nicer and nicer consumables and I literally have the normal stash that I offer up when anyone is over working on stuff. Oh you need a zip tie, no problem... Over there... Oh you need some wire connectors, sure over there... It's all cheapy harbor freight and radio shack and walmart and autozone stuff. And now... I've got the other side stash that's all higher quality professional stuff. zip ties with metal tabs, electrical connectors with internal solder/heat shrink, etc... Sorry, can't give that stuff away free though! It's added up quickly! But damn, it's nice to have that stuff on hand when you need it!

Unread 06-30-2014, 01:25 PM   #38032
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Is there any reason you didn't go with an aftermarket kit. I think I paid about $700 for the painless kit on an old truck and it already had most the connectors I needed. But mine was stick and not a modern motor but I would think a custom harness couldn't be much more, and much less hassle.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-30-2014, 01:43 PM   #38033
sirhk100

I am going with a stand alone harness for the engine. This is for all the accessories and stuff. Things like this row of switches and circuit breakers for offroad lights, up and down on the light bar, air pumpers, aux fans, head/tail lights, etc... The prices above aren't even considering anything to make the engine run. 100% of the truck needs wired, it's not just an engine swap type thing where there's a "kit" persay that exists.

I'm told the engine harness will be a matter of pluggin in the PCM and hooking up 5 wires. That's the easy part... My transmission has zero electronics involved, it's 100% manual.

Unread 06-30-2014, 02:03 PM   #38034
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
I am going with a stand alone harness for the engine. This is for all the accessories and stuff. Things like this row of switches and circuit breakers for offroad lights, up and down on the light bar, air pumpers, aux fans, head/tail lights, etc... The prices above aren't even considering anything to make the engine run. 100% of the truck needs wired, it's not just an engine swap type thing where there's a "kit" persay that exists.

I'm told the engine harness will be a matter of pluggin in the PCM and hooking up 5 wires. That's the easy part... My transmission has zero electronics involved, it's 100% manual.
Where you getting the engine harness from? I heard 150tunes.com is a good deal
Unread 06-30-2014, 02:12 PM   #38035
sirhk100

Local place here in town that will get the harness and give me a generic tune on the PCM. Then once it's running he'll come out and do some butt dyno tuning on it also. Referred to by Figspeed and Kroyer race engines. The thing I like about this vs. just a standard online option is he'll come by the house, see exactly what I've got and make the harness to the exact lengths, only the plugs needed, and take into account any special routing issues I may want to work around.

Unread 06-30-2014, 02:29 PM   #38036
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Local place here in town that will get the harness and give me a generic tune on the PCM. Then once it's running he'll come out and do some butt dyno tuning on it also. Referred to by Figspeed and Kroyer race engines. The thing I like about this vs. just a standard online option is he'll come by the house, see exactly what I've got and make the harness to the exact lengths, only the plugs needed, and take into account any special routing issues I may want to work around.
Nice! Sounds expensive
Unread 06-30-2014, 02:41 PM   #38037
sirhk100

It's more then a 12 pack of beer, less then a new BMW...

Unread 06-30-2014, 03:39 PM   #38038
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Happy Monday friends. Stay cool, it's flippin' hot out there today.

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-30-2014, 03:44 PM   #38039
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

It's blazing hot man. I had a client give me a ice cold bottle of moxie today (they are from Maine) and it totally made my day.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-30-2014, 04:43 PM   #38040
sirhk100

I'll be in the garage assembling 2 shocks is this afternoon's agenda. May even start cycling the rear suspension. If I do, I should have some real world travel numbers tonight. The parts I was waiting on for my rear coilovers are in finally. Should have it 100% buttoned up maybe by the weekend in the rear with exception of limit straps. If things go super groovy, rear end about 95% done, chassis wired and front end aligned by end of weekend. That would leave just engine harness and PCM, limit straps front & rear, and some other minor details to get it ready to go for driveshaft and exhaust. But don't worry Marn, minimal progress is happening!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.