Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 2534 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Safety Thimble FairleadsEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippBLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!

Unread 06-25-2014, 08:43 AM   #37996
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

That bug DOES look fun!

B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-25-2014, 09:33 AM   #37997
sirhk100

I know I know... It's like twice the price and my visions are a bit more grandiose but speaking of bugs, this one caught my eye about a week ago as a super fun ride! Not to mention, toyota reliability!

http://www.race-dezert.com/classifie...tails&id=75148

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-25-2014, 11:46 AM   #37998
4x4Brit

Either one would do! If I had stupid money and an eight car garage, there would definitely be a spot for a Baja Bug.
4x4Brit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-25-2014, 12:34 PM   #37999
sirhk100

Anyone want a job? I'm ready to quit... I now know first hand why so many people I've worked around say they hate working with true engineers. Unfortunately this new engineer is also my new boss. I'm already looking for ways out of this. It's absurd. Let's speak real world here. I design parts for a car that just celebrated it's 50th anniversary. I design parts for a car that's 50 years old using alien technology compared to what they did back then. On a drawing he found a hole placement for a part that gets riveted to the car that was off in location by 0.02mm. Here, I'll do the math for you. The hole is off... Ready for this??? .000787 of an inch. I've got to fix that, you know... Just in case the rivet might not line up. I've gotta suck it up and stick this out till Jan of '15. I'm fully vested in my 401K program that month. Deal with it... Deal with it... Deal with it...

Unread 06-25-2014, 12:36 PM   #38000
sirhk100

BTW, there's a total of 4 of us in this department right now including him. One announced his retirement before this guy was hired so that was already in motion. He bumped up that by over a month though cause of this guy. His last day is this Friday. My other counterpart has been here 7 years, he's fully vested, he's looking for jobs. I've been here 5.5 years, my opinion is above. New guy has been here 6 weeks.

Unread 06-25-2014, 01:11 PM   #38001
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Have you spoken to the owner about dude's anal attitude about everything?
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-25-2014, 01:20 PM   #38002
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Sounds ****ty man. I would get those job tentacles out there looking for a new job. I'm just trying to find a decent PT job so I can quit my own ishstorm.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-25-2014, 01:44 PM   #38003
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

I would think each application would have a defined acceptable margin of error. I'll bet the high quality Chinese manufacturing is going to result in a larger margin of error then .02mm.
matthew900 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-25-2014, 02:00 PM   #38004
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I feel your pain Khris. Just got briefed on a quality assurance fail that I now have to explain to my boss. The fail? Oh, just a signature that extends slightly above the signature block on a set of aircraft forms.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-25-2014, 03:14 PM   #38005
sirhk100

Not necessarily the owner but the general manager who runs the show day to day definitely is well aware of my feelings. I don't sugar coat things when I speak with him and he actually appreciates it. The owner himself isn't around that often really...

FYI, a little google fun... Google tells me human hair is .004" Some rough rounding so don't hold me to the fire here but my hole location is roughly 1/5th of a hair off in location! Forgot to mention on top of that that I already oversized the hole purposely to allow for a bit of slop while installing the rivet.

Unread 06-25-2014, 03:56 PM   #38006
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Not necessarily the owner but the general manager who runs the show day to day definitely is well aware of my feelings. I don't sugar coat things when I speak with him and he actually appreciates it. The owner himself isn't around that often really...

FYI, a little google fun... Google tells me human hair is .004" Some rough rounding so don't hold me to the fire here but my hole location is roughly 1/5th of a hair off in location! Forgot to mention on top of that that I already oversized the hole purposely to allow for a bit of slop while installing the rivet.

NOOOOO not a fifth of a hair!

i know how you feel. Whenever I have worked with engineers on projects or in school its ridiculous. It's bad when they are clients too, everything has to be exact. NO, fool, this is landscape, it doesnt have to be measured to the fraction of an inch. Hell, if we get it within about a foot of whats on the plan i'd say its a success! lol

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-25-2014, 04:06 PM   #38007
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
NO, fool, this is landscape, it doesnt have to be measured to the fraction of an inch. Hell, if we get it within about a foot of whats on the plan i'd say its a success! lol
Common sense and real world doesn't exist in their mind! This is the type that's never actually built anything, he's only designed it. Not sure he knows what a screwdriver is honestly.

Unread 06-25-2014, 05:31 PM   #38008
Zjrookie
1998 ZJ 

Well just think at nasa they use .04% error rate on mapping the galaxy
Zjrookie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-25-2014, 05:48 PM   #38009
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Common sense and real world doesn't exist in their mind! This is the type that's never actually built anything, he's only designed it. Not sure he knows what a screwdriver is honestly.
My whole family is engineers (pa, ma, sister) so I know how that goes. at least dad wasnt all nutso like that.

He would always have to go out onto the floors and show the guys parts who were actually building the stuff and make sure it could actually be built.

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-25-2014, 06:19 PM   #38010
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

This is what I love about my job, I'm never right nor expected to ever be exactly right ever. All I've got to be is close most of the time and if I'm ever way off I can normally come up with some highly technical BS on why it's not my fault things did not come out as projected. Just talked my way out of a 1.2 million dollar oops this morning that another underwriter in the department made last year.
matthew900 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.