Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 2532 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

We have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while suppliePremium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGRing & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, Ba

Unread 06-21-2014, 07:34 PM   #37966
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey
Talk about overspray... Straight body, though. Don't like the back window damage... Really not big on the chrome and lack of articulation... But at least it came with a tool set... Sorry, couldn't resist! Everyone on here is showing off their cool stuff, and figured I'd have some fun with this. Saw it in Walmart by chance and scooped it up for the babies to play with. And by babies, I mean me! Rofl. I wish I had found a real one! I have always liked them.
You suck! I was all sorts of excited when I read your first post.. I love those old Scramblers!

B0nez is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2014, 08:28 PM   #37967
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez
You suck! I was all sorts of excited when I read your first post.. I love those old Scramblers!
Me too! It would be so awesome to find one at a decent price! There's a guy driving a really nice, completely done-up one around town.
Unread 06-23-2014, 08:14 AM   #37968
sirhk100

Amazing how much a couple panels clean up the overall look. They're just laying in place, not actually secured. Just tossed them in to make sure they'd still clear between the shock bodies and where they sit and to get a rough idea. Obviously I still have coils to toss in the mix over the threaded body shock...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-23-2014, 08:24 AM   #37969
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Wasn't A bad weekend

image-1752757267.jpg

image-3566562576.jpg

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-23-2014, 08:44 AM   #37970
sirhk100

I'll definitely agree with that! But you with PBR? Really? Wouldn't have guessed? Or times are really tough! LOL

Unread 06-23-2014, 09:15 AM   #37971
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
I'll definitely agree with that! But you with PBR? Really? Wouldn't have guessed? Or times are really tough! LOL
As much as I enjoy all kinda of fancy pants beer, there is a time and a place for cheap beer.

By volume, I have probably consumed more highlife, hamms, PBR, and coors (original, not light) than any other beers combined most likely. When out by the pool/lake/river or on a camping trip I'd much rather have some cheap beer than a fine craft brew most of the time. There's a time and a place!

I'm not a snob about it, drink what you love, love what you drink!

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 06-23-2014, 03:42 PM   #37972
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Where did you go Marn?
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-23-2014, 03:50 PM   #37973
sirhk100

Does anyone else find them living their life via lists of things to do that they create? If anyone needs me, I'm busy and it's your fault you didn't get your name on the list before I just hit print. LOL

Unread 06-23-2014, 04:02 PM   #37974
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
Where did you go Marn?
Mack's Canyon Rd.

My **** barely made it up the hill. Time for fuel injection. Anybody wanna lend me $1400?

Quote:
- Jerry Reed

Unread 06-23-2014, 04:14 PM   #37975
sirhk100

Hey Marn, remember your complaint on the truck pricing last week? Here's one for ya...

http://www.race-dezert.com/classifie...tails&id=71318

Unread 06-23-2014, 08:32 PM   #37976
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Have you tried an off road carb that can handle offroad use.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-23-2014, 11:20 PM   #37977
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
Have you tried an off road carb that can handle offroad use.

I think he is talking more about the power loss at altitude. Fuel injection adjusts for the altitude...carbs have to be re jetted. Macks canyon is around 7500-8000 ft if I remember correctly.
Unread 06-23-2014, 11:53 PM   #37978
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3
I think he is talking more about the power loss at altitude. Fuel injection adjusts for the altitude...carbs have to be re jetted. Macks canyon is around 7500-8000 ft if I remember correctly.
Precisely. One can adjust timing at altitude to kind of limp through but there is no way to coke rely compensate for being way too rich.

With that, it was also hot as balls and I was having vapor lock problems. Didn't actually shut the truck down but it was surging and coughing due to what I can only assume is boiling fuel.

Fuel injection fixes all of the above.

When we were going slow along Mack's canyon road it was no problem whatsoever. The issue was gaining altitude at speed under load.

Quote:
- Jerry Reed

Unread 06-24-2014, 03:22 AM   #37979
JPrich

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Hey Marn, remember your complaint on the truck pricing last week? Here's one for ya...

http://www.race-dezert.com/classifie...tails&id=71318
That has "arab guy" written all over it.
JPrich is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-24-2014, 08:16 AM   #37980
sirhk100

LOL, very true!

And outta boredom... Got my new intercom system, push to talk buttons and battery switch mounted up. Hey Jason, if you see this... That's the battery switch I bought at Primm years ago for my toyota! Finally getting used! LOL

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.