Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 253 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 01-23-2012, 09:05 PM   #3781
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I knew someone that actually thought racing stripes made cars faster. He honestly did, we had to convince him he was wrong. People be dumb!

Unread 01-23-2012, 09:05 PM   #3782
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Nah a maintainer, did 6 years and the wife is still active
Unread 01-23-2012, 09:21 PM   #3783
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

A maintainer, is that like an aircraft mechanic? That's what the Navy called them. I remember they had some incredible tools. One of the Seahawk mechs let me use an impact wrench for the first time and I shattered a socket. I didn't know I couldn't use a regular socket. I hid the broken socket in the top drawer of his tool box. Back right corner. It clicked onto one of those magnet antenna looking things. Not sure why I remember so much detail about that.
YouStupidBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2012, 09:31 PM   #3784
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Ok, men. In addition to my regular mind numbing meds, I popped an Ambien and I'm feeling really loose. Gonna grab my favorite stuffed animal and take a nap. G'night!
YouStupidBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2012, 09:35 PM   #3785
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
I thought yellow made the most power
You're almost right. Yellow actually reflects most of the visible spectrum, and as all those photons bounce of the surface of the vehicle, it creates a small pocket of lower air pressure around the vehicle, which in turns lifts it slightly off of the ground and reduces friction on the tires. That's why yellow is good for straight line speed, but bad for cornering.
Unread 01-23-2012, 09:58 PM   #3786
dmgiff
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Hey gregaf3, are you the one who had a TJ soft top hardware add on Craigslist a few months ago?
dmgiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2012, 10:07 PM   #3787
McRoberts
2011 JK Wrangler 

I just did all of Lovell Canyon (and then south to Good springs) today. There's about 6" of slick, sloppy, snow at Lovell and a few inches in the pass south of there. There was one other set of tracks going up from the West that turned around just a couple hundred yards from where the snow was much less deep. And there were two sets from the East that only went a quarter mile up. I only had one issue overall. Just needed to put the 4x4 on during a steep hill that was very slippy. It was a good day for trail riding.
Unread 01-23-2012, 10:10 PM   #3788
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmgiff View Post
Hey gregaf3, are you the one who had a TJ soft top hardware add on Craigslist a few months ago?

If it was just a soft top frame and everything is still good yes, yes that was me. If there is something wrong it was not me. Haha.

I still have a bikini top, lights out clips, and stock control arm w/new bushings if anyone needs them.
gregaf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2012, 10:13 PM   #3789
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRoberts View Post
I just did all of Lovell Canyon (and then south to Good springs) today. There's about 6" of slick, sloppy, snow at Lovell and a few inches in the pass south of there. There was one other set of tracks going up from the West that turned around just a couple hundred yards from where the snow was much less deep. And there were two sets from the East that only went a quarter mile up. I only had one issue overall. Just needed to put the 4x4 on during a steep hill that was very slippy. It was a good day for trail riding.
Lovell Canyon was pretty slick on Saturday. I could only imagine adding some snow on top of that mud. I don't want to think of playing in mud again after I had to clean that slop off the undercarriage.
Unread 01-23-2012, 10:25 PM   #3790
McRoberts
2011 JK Wrangler 

That's what I'll be doing tomorrow.
Unread 01-23-2012, 11:27 PM   #3791
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

I was driving around doing estimates today gazing longingly at the snowy mountains....

Sigh.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2012, 11:57 PM   #3792
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Every time it snows I tell myself I'm going to go wheeling in it this time. Sadly it never happens.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2012, 01:10 AM   #3793
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

What keeps me from going in it is I think about how much it would completely suck to get stuck in sand, then I imagine wet sand(mud), then I imagine nearly frozen mud(snow mud slurry), then I think nah, I'll just kick it where it's warm.
Unread 01-24-2012, 07:12 AM   #3794
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

It does suck really bad sometimes. I was doing Macks Canyon in the snow this year and there is nothing good about having no traction while your *** end is sliding on the trail sideways to the ditch because the trail has a slight pitch. I like to take some easy trails in the snow. There is a short dirt road that goes between 158 and 156 that is quick and allows you to play a little in the snow.
Unread 01-24-2012, 08:23 AM   #3795
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

I plan on doing Wheeler to Pahrump on FRI. We have company coming into town and thought it would be funny to take them through a trail that dumps onto Sheri's Ranch for a burger. I'll have my front drive shaft back in today finally. Now the radiator on Wed. I haven't done wheeler yet. Anything to be aware of?
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.