Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 2529 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 06-20-2014, 11:28 AM   #37921
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
Here you weirdos go... A friend of mine down in bullhead is selling his ride...
Want want want want want want by have absolutely positively zero practical use for it.

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2014, 11:33 AM   #37922
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

There was a bobbed 5 ton at the storage unit we used to use for out work trucks before the new office. Thing was absolutely insane and awesome. I'll dig up pics. The bumper was higher than the hood of my magnum.

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 06-20-2014, 11:34 AM   #37923
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81 View Post
Yep, 2wd. I do want to link it in the rear later down the road, but for now, I will use leaf springs. 2.5" rear Devers are like $800 a pair though.
They can be had cheaper then that for sure... but... I've said it a million times, you think jeeps are expensive, these things are worse! LOL

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2014, 11:39 AM   #37924
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
Want want want want want want by have absolutely positively zero practical use for it.
What's funny is other peoples minds... Like I have absolutely beyond zero interest in one of these things. Like not even novelty factor for me. I mean beyond using it as a lawn ornament... That's about it. To me, it doesn't even look appealing to drive. It just looks like a pure pain in the butt! HAHAHA, but for others, I guess there's some appeal to them. I'm sure my rides have absolutely zero appeal to others though as well so whatever... I just don't understand it.

Unread 06-20-2014, 12:01 PM   #37925
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post

What's funny is other peoples minds... Like I have absolutely beyond zero interest in one of these things. Like not even novelty factor for me. I mean beyond using it as a lawn ornament... That's about it. To me, it doesn't even look appealing to drive. It just looks like a pure pain in the butt! HAHAHA, but for others, I guess there's some appeal to them. I'm sure my rides have absolutely zero appeal to others though as well so whatever... I just don't understand it.
I would use the military truck as a tow rig to pull my XJ, Ranger, and 3 other rigs any place I want to. And look bad *** doing it.
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2014, 12:11 PM   #37926
sirhk100

Even that use doesn't appeal to me at all... I'll stick to my van getting twice the MPG and looking like a pedophile! LOL

Unread 06-20-2014, 12:14 PM   #37927
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

khris, can you approve me on that offroad desert deals facebook group or whatever?

Quote:
- Jerry Reed

Unread 06-20-2014, 12:32 PM   #37928
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
Even that use doesn't appeal to me at all... I'll stick to my van getting twice the MPG and looking like a pedophile! LOL
your van gets WAY better mpg's then that 5 ton. I think the best they get is 8 and loaded as little as 1/2 mpg. Spend that $7500 on a mid 90's power stroke and a gooseneck trailer.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2014, 12:37 PM   #37929
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

owning a 5 ton or a deuce, bobbed or not, in my opinion, is more akin to owning a tractor than a highway vehicle.

If one owned land and needed a useful heavy duty vehicle for it, that would make sense and be a fun toy at the same time. That **** maxes out at like 55-60mph and runs at some rediculously high decibel rating where ear protection is required for highway use.

Quote:
- Jerry Reed

Unread 06-20-2014, 01:03 PM   #37930
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
khris, can you approve me on that offroad desert deals facebook group or whatever?
It's not my group, I just "liked" it... There's two offroad classfieds on fb that I see that get a lot of traction. One is heavy on the spanish stuff though. Almost annoying and typically you see the same items popping up on both. LOL

Unread 06-20-2014, 01:05 PM   #37931
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
your van gets WAY better mpg's then that 5 ton. I think the best they get is 8 and loaded as little as 1/2 mpg. Spend that $7500 on a mid 90's power stroke and a gooseneck trailer.
So far the WORST I've gotten in my van is 12mpg and that was towing and holding like 70mph up the grades with the expo on the trailer behind it. I won't tow like that, I just wanted to see what it would do and what mpg would do. That's 100% stock though by the way, no intake, no exhaust, no tune... I've been getting about 15-16 with loaded trailer with it. Been getting 18ish around town and when I took it to LA and San Diego 2 weekends ago I actually got 21mpg with it.

I've heard I could drop in some K&N filters, cut out the cats or whatever the diesel version of them is, put a highflow muffler on it or none at all and a mild tune and get a noticeable improvement on that even. Well, when towing... I've read that those couple items will make it so that the MPG unloaded vs. loaded will barely change. Like 21 highway empty and 19loaded type deal. But honestly, I'm not interested in modifying it, I'd rather keep it stock and know it's going to last essentially forever with the limited miles I put on it. I don't need to win any races while towing...

BTW though, I also don't run much over 70mph with it. Seems like 70 is it's sweet spot. 75 just seems like the RPMs are screaming a bit too much which is like 2200 where 70mph is only 100 less at 2100 but audibly the engine just sounds happier there. I've ran it up to 80-85 but I don't think I'd leave it there all day. I'm the type that'll get there when I get there with nothing to prove when towing, or well, hell... Driving on the street in general honestly! LOL My friends that ride with me around town always ***** I drive too slow and then they go for a ride in the dirt and they're typically like who the F is this guy??? LOL

Unread 06-20-2014, 01:17 PM   #37932
sirhk100

Huh, I guess I was able to add you Marn... I'm far from a professional facebooker.

Unread 06-20-2014, 01:28 PM   #37933
sirhk100

Marn,

You'd look really nice in one of these!

http://www.race-dezert.com/classifie...tails&id=75195

http://www.race-dezert.com/classifie...tails&id=74992

Unread 06-20-2014, 01:46 PM   #37934
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

first one is too weird lookin and the price is ???? I can dig the second one but thats still more monies than i have ever had in my life, lol.

Quote:
- Jerry Reed

Unread 06-20-2014, 01:51 PM   #37935
sirhk100

The price on the first one is a steal!!!!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.