Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 2526 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under

Unread 06-18-2014, 03:16 PM   #37876
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

We've never been allowed to drive trucks on the weekend but I could at least keep up with traffic before. We get in trouble for harsh cornering, excessive brake and acceleration, speeding, and excessive idleing (10 mins or more).

ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2014, 03:26 PM   #37877
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio
We've never been allowed to drive trucks on the weekend but I could at least keep up with traffic before. We get in trouble for harsh cornering, excessive brake and acceleration, speeding, and excessive idleing (10 mins or more).
That sucks. Like really? I'm not trusted enough to drive a vehicle on my own without havig a nanny cam?

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2014, 03:58 PM   #37878
sirhk100

"professional driver" definitely isn't the case obviously! LOL

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2014, 04:25 PM   #37879
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus
That sucks. Like really? I'm not trusted enough to drive a vehicle on my own without havig a nanny cam?
that's part of it, guys being caught driving to the lake and at night after hours. Another is 3 totaled trucks in one month last year. All were our drivers fault.
Unread 06-18-2014, 05:27 PM   #37880
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Drivers were sober both times. They just both decided they needed to make that turn or exit at the last possible second and likely didn't look before going for it. Basically, people not paying attention while driving. It's a serious pita dealing with the post accident crap at work. There was enough damage to park the van. The front bumper contacts the driver's side tire when making right turns. It bent the core support on the left side as well. Plus, we have no spare van anymore, so we are essentially down another tech because I'll be riding with another guy. One of our other techs is out of his van too because of a mechanical failure.
This is the third time this has happened to me in this work van, and it also happened to me once in the TJ on the freeway as well. I swear I have the next to worst luck driving here. At least I'm not at fault.
Unread 06-18-2014, 05:28 PM   #37881
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Ok, I'm pretty sure this chick just picked up a lollipop from a chair in the waiting room an is now eating it. So gross! Even if it was hers, why would she set it down then pick it up and eat it again. Eww!
Unread 06-18-2014, 05:39 PM   #37882
sirhk100

Unread 06-18-2014, 06:01 PM   #37883
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Anybody have experience with these heatsink type transmission coolers?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/24-Finned-Al...454275&vxp=mtr

Would be a piece of cake to grab a big one (24") and mount it up under the rocker between the edge of it and the frame. Would take some cooling load off the radiator, and also clean up the lines dangling down under the front of my truck, that are ugly, and leak.

Some guys on IFSJA have installed them, I just get curious how well they would cool without a ton of airflow.

Guess it would be easy and necessary to install a temp gauge down there in line. It's got me thinking though....I have never run a temp gauge but I do run a B&M plate style cooler on the front of my radiator, and then it goes into the radiator from there (cools before entering the radiator, i've been told you dont want to "over cool" the trans fluid but don't know if that's true). Thoughts?

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 06-18-2014, 06:17 PM   #37884
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I doubt you would have to worry about over cooling the fluid with our climate. If we saw a lot of cold days and/or snow, it may be different. I would imagine the heat sink type would work just fine or at least better than nothing.
Unread 06-18-2014, 06:41 PM   #37885
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Well, I have alot more than "nothing" now. I have it running through a B&M plate style cooler, and then it runs into the radiator's stock trans cooler.

I'm curious if a heat sink style like that (dual pass) would be sufficient to cool my jeep's transmission being a heavy vehicle that sometimes tows a little trailer. Just thinking about it being good to reduce load on the engine cooling, as well as cleaning **** up under the truck.

Unread 06-18-2014, 11:41 PM   #37886
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zjrookie
Well I have done a flush with some heavy duty stuff that I use in my diesel also new hoses and high flow pump but tomorrow taking out thermostat and replacing and see where that gets me and worse case I will order a new aluminum radiator and hood vents or I may get crazy and start drilling 2 inch holes lol
Don't get a champion radiator. I went through 2 in 6 months before I gave up on them

Posted from outer space.
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2014, 11:48 PM   #37887
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Anyone interested in exploring around Overton? I haven't been out there since I can remember and I'm trying to scout out some bird hunting spots.
Unread 06-19-2014, 10:17 AM   #37888
sirhk100

Huh, kinda neat...

Quote:
Real nice jeep comanche for sale it comes with a..
Newer front end..2000 motor and tranny..plus new dashboard..seats ..brand new rubicon wheels and km2 mudterrain tires..stick shift..tinted windows...flowmaster...clean AZ tittle..never race..has alot of extras..4x4

Unread 06-19-2014, 10:19 AM   #37889
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Do you have a link for the add? How much are they asking for it?
matthew900 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-19-2014, 10:56 AM   #37890
sirhk100

$6200 and it may be in mexicali... I left that off on purpose though... It's on a facebook offroad classified group. Scroll down here, you should find it, assuming you're on fb and can view it.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/3563...74218/?fref=nf

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.