Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 2520 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?

Unread 06-13-2014, 03:09 PM   #37786
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

I need the buckle part that attaches to the seat if anyone has them.

Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2014, 03:17 PM   #37787
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor0206 View Post
you still want that axle housing?

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2014, 03:40 PM   #37788
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor0206 View Post
LOL, Ben just told me he didn't need that part so you're welcome to them.
matthew900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2014, 04:05 PM   #37789
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post

you still want that axle housing?
Yes sir. Just gotta find time to get over there. Unless you wanna swing it by the house in the SW with the danger ranger for 20 bucks?
Unread 06-13-2014, 04:06 PM   #37790
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew900 View Post

LOL, Ben just told me he didn't need that part so you're welcome to them.
Sweet where u located?
Unread 06-13-2014, 04:31 PM   #37791
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Ok, Henderson auto mall. Chapman's or towbin for service? Anyone with first hand experience? I'm taking the rango to one of them for the hvac box repairs. I am 90% sure it's the blend doors that have failed, and have no desire to do it myself. It's worth it for me to let them do it with a parts and labor warranty rather than pick away at it over the weekend and days before work. Any opinions would be appreciated.
Unread 06-13-2014, 05:06 PM   #37792
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey
Ok, Henderson auto mall. Chapman's or towbin for service? Anyone with first hand experience? I'm taking the rango to one of them for the hvac box repairs. I am 90% sure it's the blend doors that have failed, and have no desire to do it myself. It's worth it for me to let them do it with a parts and labor warranty rather than pick away at it over the weekend and days before work. Any opinions would be appreciated.
Chapman, speak to Virgil the service writer or Derrick the Service Manager, and request to have Khris' uncle do the work, he is their best mechanic. For some reason his name escapes me, I think it is Dave. But his last name is Kading like Khris'. I have had many things done over there always timely and nice.
MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2014, 05:34 PM   #37793
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

I will never go to chapman for anything ever again, last thing I went there for was one of the fuel pumps on the magnum. Worst experience I have ever had with a mechanic.

But that's just me.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 06-13-2014, 05:35 PM   #37794
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus
I will never go to chapman for anything ever again, last thing I went there for was one of the fuel pumps on the magnum. Worst experience I have ever had with a mechanic. But that's just me.
That is just him. Haha I have had at least 6 service tickets there and they have been great every time.
Unread 06-13-2014, 05:37 PM   #37795
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

And that's just you!

They couldn't fix a brake issue on my wrangler either by that was like 6 years ago. The magnum work was maybe. 3 years ago so I don't know if they have changed but I don't care to find out. I have no idea who the manager was that lied to me and barged me for work that wasn't done, that I had to talk to like 38 times, and I don't know who did the actual work either.

I'm just putting it out there. I have determined I will never go to a dealer for anything ever unless its warranty work

Quote:

Unread 06-13-2014, 05:38 PM   #37796
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

And given the fact that my **** just turned 41, there ain't much of a warranty left!

Quote:

Unread 06-13-2014, 05:44 PM   #37797
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Aside from the aforementioned issues with what they did and didn't do and what I was and wasn't charged for, as well as refusing to take care of my car before customers who had come in days after me, they left my car all 4 windows down in a busy parking lot where they had no way to see it with the doors unlocked.

The fuel pump work required them to drain gas. They sure had no intent on replacing the 5 gallons they drained out, and when I made them take me to a gas station the refused to put premium in even though I had a receipt showing that's what was in it.

General lack of care and respect. Anybody can make a mistake on an invoice but the whole thing just was terrible and not the way you treat customers.

Quote:

Unread 06-13-2014, 06:13 PM   #37798
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

That's because you're a sucker Andrew! Haha They saw you coming from a mile away. Haha

And before you get all pissy you said the same thing to me a couple months back about some store I went to! Haha
Unread 06-13-2014, 06:34 PM   #37799
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMCKEIG
That's because you're a sucker Andrew! Haha They saw you coming from a mile away. Haha And before you get all pissy you said the same thing to me a couple months back about some store I went to! Haha
Nobody is getting pissy. They just saw how awesome my car was and figured I must be baller so they tried to take me for everything they could!

Just wanted to relay my experiences. Like I said that was a few years ago so I have no idea how things are now. When necessary I have an awesome independent mechanic we go to. And also a shade tree guy who does stuff dirt cheap.

Quote:

Unread 06-13-2014, 07:01 PM   #37800
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

That sucks about your experience at Chapman Marn! I have never had any experience at either place, but I am not a fan of the Chopper so I would have chosen Chapman. After hearing that, I would bag going to a dealership and stick with a trustworthy mechanic.
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.