Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 252 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueXHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 01-23-2012, 03:26 PM   #3766
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

that is a pretty awesome deal. Just don't start calling anyone jerky and leave them in Texas!!!

gregaf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2012, 03:32 PM   #3767
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

must...kill...hogss..... AAHHHH!!!!
Puck81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2012, 04:08 PM   #3768
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey
Just pick a spot with a rabbit call, and the yotes come RUNNING! I'm down to go whenever you are!
Not entirely sure what I'd use. .308 is a bit overkill and .17hmr requires a clean head (eye) shot I'm told. I don't really have anything in between.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2012, 04:48 PM   #3769
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

My dad used to trap coyotes here back in the day. When still have some victor traps some where. He would use a .270 and a .357. The problem you run into calling them is you need to stay aware. You don't always call in one at a time or from the same direction. I havent been out in a long time and am down to call a few with anyone. I'll have to see of I can still find the call.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2012, 04:58 PM   #3770
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

That's why you drop the top in your jeep and stand up on the seats. Everyone picks a cardinal direction and go for it. I would use my ar15, but the 308 could be cool too.
Unread 01-23-2012, 07:07 PM   #3771
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Saw an 06 TJ rubi in impact orange on eBay. The selling dealer posted that it's one of five in that color for 06 rubis. I find that hard to believe. If its true, I'm buying my uncles and parking it in climate controlled storage for about 20 yrs. mines a non rubi in impact orange. Was trying to find production numbers but DC says its proprietary info. How gay is that?
Unread 01-23-2012, 07:56 PM   #3772
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
Not entirely sure what I'd use. .308 is a bit overkill and .17hmr requires a clean head (eye) shot I'm told. I don't really have anything in between.
You don't have anything in 223? It's what I used and seems to be what many out there are using.

I thought for sure your issue with this would be deciding between too many rifles.
YouStupidBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2012, 08:01 PM   #3773
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Saw an 06 TJ rubi in impact orange on eBay. The selling dealer posted that it's one of five in that color for 06 rubis. I find that hard to believe.
It wouldn't seem very cost effective to have so few, but yours is the only one I've ever seen. When we first met that's why I asked if it was the original color. It really didn't look very orange to me. Not like General Lee kind of orange.

I should buy it so I can be just like you! If you change your wheels, I'll change mine. You get a new sticker, I'll get the same sticker. Then, I'll go rob some people and see which one of us they get first.
Unread 01-23-2012, 08:34 PM   #3774
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I'm white, they'd get you!
Unread 01-23-2012, 08:37 PM   #3775
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Just put in an afe drop in and boy am I beat. That extra 2 hp better be worth all that work
Unread 01-23-2012, 08:42 PM   #3776
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

A NOS sticker adds at least 50 HP. Chrome makes it more aerodynamic which, as everyone knows, adds another 50 HP.
Unread 01-23-2012, 08:46 PM   #3777
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
I'm white, they'd get you!
You know what? You're probably right. If we were in the exact same Jeeps and a BOLO (be on the lookout) went out for it you might get pulled over, but only to ask if you've seen the other Jeep.
Unread 01-23-2012, 08:47 PM   #3778
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny
A NOS sticker adds at least 50 HP. Chrome makes it more aerodynamic which, as everyone knows, adds another 50 HP.
I thought yellow made the most power
Unread 01-23-2012, 08:54 PM   #3779
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

It has to be that lime green all the ricer kids like.

Gregaf, you were an AF pilot? I wanted to see if you knew a Major at Nellis. Major Steve Luczynski. He's with one of the Raptor squadrons. I grew up with Steve in Florida and knew him since around 10 years old.
Unread 01-23-2012, 09:04 PM   #3780
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Tomorrow is another offroad day. It's supposed to be sunny, but I'm a bit worried about mud because my tires seem to hang on to it. I almost went over a cliff off Lovell Canyon because I lost all traction. Now, I don't visit anywhere offroad I'm not sure about the road conditions. We were going to run Bitter Springs, but with so many washes there I didn't want to risk it.

Can anyone recommend a good scenic trail that likely won't have mud or the possibility of a washed out trail? Would Mormon Well have any hazards like that? I think that was the one I read about with a mud warning.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.