Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 2519 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Spartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREEG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChTJ Wrangler 4" Rough Country Suspension Lift Kits in

Unread 06-11-2014, 08:11 PM   #37771
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Times
A bill in the California Legislature would allow families and others to seek a warrant on such individuals, (dangerous) allowing police to search for guns and confiscate them.
Ummmm... Wow! If this piece of **** legislation is passed and somehow spreads, I think each and every one of you are dangerous! Warrants far all the people!

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-12-2014, 10:25 AM   #37772
sirhk100

Garza, if John has any seriousness about buying a truck he should REALLY go look at this!!!

http://www.race-dezert.com/classifie...tails&id=74796

That truck has so much history in the offroad race world!!! I'm honestly kicking myself for having the truck in my garage that I do rather then just going and buying that thing! Put it this way, Frank Vessels and Robby Gordon won a few races in that truck back in the day! And yes, it's old but I bet it's still a monster!

Edit... Nevermind... Looked into it a bit more cause I was having crazy thoughts and have heard it's a basket case these days unfortunately.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-12-2014, 03:07 PM   #37773
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Hope this is no one on here. Be careful out there.

http://www.8newsnow.com/story/257635...eep-semi-crash
MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-12-2014, 04:03 PM   #37774
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMCKEIG View Post
Hope this is no one on here. Be careful out there.

http://www.8newsnow.com/story/257635...eep-semi-crash
Damn can't even see the jeep
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-12-2014, 05:55 PM   #37775
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

I came across these today and figured I would share. My lesson in just because it's within the weight limit doesn't mean you should tow it. 26 ft ultralight we were towing with a V8 explorer. Camper blew a tire and the rest is history.
wreck1.jpg

wreck2.jpg

wreck3.jpg

matthew900 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-12-2014, 06:40 PM   #37776
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Dang. How long ago was that? Looks like a case of the tail wagging the dog.

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-12-2014, 06:51 PM   #37777
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

May 20th of 2006. I'll never forget because it was the day before Thomas's 2nd birthday. May I add the stupid $300 car seat she had to have and I *****ed about ended up being a good investment.

We had everything set up right to, good break controller, weight distribution hitch, and a high end sway control setup. I had over $1000 in just the hitch and sway control. There where heavy winds that day and it was like driving with a giant sail. The blown tire sealed the deal. Every time you hit the breaks the swaying would get worse due to the uneven breaking.

Another lesson learned in this event, always wear your seatbelt. The last thing you ever want to experience is rolling a vehicle and having your significant other be gone when it stops rolling. Fortunately she landed in mud and only had a cracked rib. The worse injury was a cut tendon in my leg so we got off easy.
Unread 06-12-2014, 07:12 PM   #37778
sirhk100

Drove by the wreck on autoshow leaving work. There was a newer grand cherokee on a flatbed that looked like it had simply rear ended something. There was so many emergency vehicles that it was hard to see any detail but the semi looked as if it had almost gone over the guard rail and over the embankment. Was hard to tell but there could've been a vehicle between the semi and the guard rail... There wasn't much left of anything that's for sure.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-12-2014, 07:15 PM   #37779
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
Drove by the wreck on autoshow leaving work. There was a newer grand cherokee on a flatbed that looked like it had simply rear ended something. There was so many emergency vehicles that it was hard to see any detail but the semi looked as if it had almost gone over the guard rail and over the embankment. Was hard to tell but there could've been a vehicle between the semi and the guard rail... There wasn't much left of anything that's for sure.
I just watched the news and it looks like the red GC was just another vehicle involved and that another vehicle was crushed under the semi hauling gravel.
Unread 06-12-2014, 08:20 PM   #37780
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

It was a van that got crushed under the truck, both driver and passenger have now died as a result. The guy who was in the GC is home now and doing fine (according to a friend who knows him).
Unread 06-12-2014, 10:44 PM   #37781
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Those gravel trucks make me nervous. We live by the big pit on spring mountain so we see them all the time. When they have the two trailers in tandem they look really shady.
Unread 06-13-2014, 08:58 AM   #37782
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Turns out the guy in the van was a good friend of one of My best friends. There was another person in the van too that was killed. The semi just blew a red light full speed I guess.

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-13-2014, 12:55 PM   #37783
lockedwheels
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Anyone have a seat belt that they aren't using??? I am in desperate need of one
lockedwheels is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-13-2014, 02:33 PM   #37784
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockedwheels View Post
Anyone have a seat belt that they aren't using??? I am in desperate need of one
You're welcome to the stock front ones from mine. I also have the remains of the back but I cut them up.
Unread 06-13-2014, 02:41 PM   #37785
lockedwheels
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew900 View Post

You're welcome to the stock front ones from mine. I also have the remains of the back but I cut them up.
I'll take them. Can we meet up today or tommorow? I need them before the night run tommorow.
lockedwheels is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.