Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 250 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitThe ALL NEW Factor 55 ProLink Winch Shackle Mounts availabFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 01-23-2012, 11:09 AM   #3736
sirhk100

Here you go Dr. How about a race winning badass honcho???

http://www.jeepspeed.net/smf/index.php?topic=5053.0

sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2012, 11:20 AM   #3737
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post

Gibs meh. Gibs meh dat.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2012, 11:23 AM   #3738
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower View Post
They set those prices because they love to do it. They aren't in it for the money.
If crime TV shows have taught me anything, it's that these prices are highly correlated to the price of smack.
Unread 01-23-2012, 11:26 AM   #3739
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Or crack. The official state bird of Detoilet.
Unread 01-23-2012, 11:44 AM   #3740
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post

Dang it, that makes me want the one i tried to buy even more!

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2012, 01:32 PM   #3741
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Back home again. The mini vacation went well. It was good to see old friends again and catch up. The whole trip, they were all telling stories about things we've done in the past. I was nodding like I remembered any of it.

On to the pictures:

I was really looking forward to killing some hogs, but my first kill there was a coyote. I wasn't really expecting to see it. It just ran across the road and ran along a fence line trying to get away from us. I wasn't going to shoot at it, but peer pressure set it. I'm the guy that will always jump off a bridge if his friends were doing it, so I took a shot.

I felt awful because it wasn't a clean kill and it was kicking and yelping for maybe 20-30 seconds before it lay still. I hit him right around his butthole. When I was little, I had a dog of a similar shade that I saw get hit by a car. The yelping triggered some old memories.
1223090955.jpg  
YouStupidBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2012, 01:36 PM   #3742
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

This one wasn't my kill. It was taken later the same day. There is all kids of stuff on their property to shoot. Personally, I would have left this one alone because it was pretty. Funny how that works. I was looking forward to shooting hogs, but not the coyote or bobcat because they're pretty.

I bet if hogs weren't so ugly they'd be safer. Kind of like how people will smash a roach and burn ants with magnifying glasses, but you don't see anyone plucking wings off butterflies.
1220091550a.jpg  
Unread 01-23-2012, 01:38 PM   #3743
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

This is how the family makes their money. All over the property are several dozen of these oil pumps. They don't have to do a thing. They lease the space and get a percentage. Must be nice to never have to worry about paying bills.
64647318.jpg  
Unread 01-23-2012, 01:42 PM   #3744
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

The family has about 5200 acres which is just under 9 square miles. It's an odd shape of property. Kind of shaped like a big "K". There is all kinds of cool stuff to see on the land. There are several ponds and a creek. They called them mountains, but nothing like what we have here. There's a few mines, but all are caved in or covered.

Then, there's this. Back in 2004 this crashed on their property. Nobody died in it. I was surprised nobody recovered it. There were quite a few empty beer cans in it. I wonder if that contributed to the crash.
p2260004.jpg  
Unread 01-23-2012, 01:44 PM   #3745
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Ok, here's my very first hog taken with an LR308. I think that's what it was called. One of you gun nuts will correct me if I'm wrong. We didn't weigh it, but I'd estimate it to be around 80-100 pounds and that's being generous.
can87876.jpg  
Unread 01-23-2012, 01:45 PM   #3746
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

I don't shoot anything that I'm not going to eat. Unless they bother the chickens or other live stock just leave it alone. Pigs, no matter how ugly or cute taste to darn good. If coyotes and bobcats tasted that good ..........
35avtt.jpg  
Unread 01-23-2012, 01:48 PM   #3747
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

We even found time to do a little fishing, but it was so cold the fish weren't active and nobody caught a thing.

Last picture for now. This is the take from the first nights hunt. We could have easily taken more that night, but it was so cold out there and none of us remembered to bring gloves. Second night we took five more.
0112126798.jpg  
Unread 01-23-2012, 01:56 PM   #3748
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolkaPower View Post
I don't shoot anything that I'm not going to eat. Unless they bother the chickens or other live stock just leave it alone. Pigs, no matter how ugly or cute taste to darn good. If coyotes and bobcats tasted that good ..........
They have horses, but no other livestock or maintained crops. Their neighbors do and way out in rural areas like that they are always doing each other favors.

My Dad has a huge freezer in his garage that I filled for him. There's no way I'd ever be able to eat it all, so I just kept a bunch of the ribs and some sausage. It's good once in a while, but that's all we were eating over there. Every meal had some form of pork in it.

I meant to bring home a bunch of the pork jerky too, but I left that box somewhere. They have a nice sized smoker for that. Really upset I forgot that. Jerky is so expensive and that would have last me a while.
Unread 01-23-2012, 02:00 PM   #3749
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny View Post
We even found time to do a little fishing, but it was so cold the fish weren't active and nobody caught a thing.

Last picture for now. This is the take from the first nights hunt. We could have easily taken more that night, but it was so cold out there and none of us remembered to bring gloves. Second night we took five more.
That is beautiful.

It makes me pissed that I am eating this salad right now.
Unread 01-23-2012, 02:15 PM   #3750
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

I'm hoping to head back in April or May, but I think I want to drive next time even though it'll be around 20 hours. It's been a while since I've been on a long road trip.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.