Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 25 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippOur 2014 DynoMax mail-in rebate March1- June 30th is here!OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 03-28-2011, 12:11 PM   #361
RogerG
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJared View Post
Lovell ok for stock??

Oh, and I think we're going with a OME 2" medium duty lift....simple yet effective
I got an extra 2"BDS bb lift laying around.. As far as i remember it has the puck and springs..you just need to get shocks.I had it on for a year then switched over to a 4" lift.

Edit: I just realized you have an XJ.Never mind.

06 Jeep Rubicon w/5.5" Teraflex long arm + 1" body lift rolling on 35-12.5-17 BFG KM2 on 7031 ProComp Alloys
RogerG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2011, 08:10 PM   #362
'92 vegas YJ
R.I.P. Ratmonkey

1992 YJ Wrangler 

so last weekend i decided to go play in the rocks at one of the local trails in vegas....

well i thought it'd be a good idea and wheel this...

and this

..... on 33s with no skids for my oil pan. id never had a problem until now. it looks like my oil pan got hit with a 5LB sledge. i ended up ripping a hole in the pan and losing all my oil on the trail. i had to get towed out by Garza.

well i went to the junkyard yesterday and got a used pan off of a cherokee and put it in today.

heres the old pan....

comparison from old and the pan i put in

took about an hr to change pans and filter then fill er up.

THE VERY NEXT THING I DID WAS START MAKING A SKID!!!!!!!!!!!

this is just a teaser as a ran out of welding wire and still have more to do. will probably finish sometime during the week or next weekend.

everything i had laying around in the garage.

11g sheet i think. its either 11g or 10g

cut it

starting making some sides for bracing

some more

i got the dimensions off of a writeup on wrangler-kicks-***.net

********GARZA(ricky) i'll be ready next time i go to vegas. hahah will hopefully be picking up an 8.8 soon too*********

April 2012 YJ of the month

May 2013 YJ of the month
'92 vegas YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2011, 08:16 PM   #363
'92 vegas YJ
R.I.P. Ratmonkey

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVLF4LO View Post
Stocker (XJ) wont make it. For an XJ to make it through Potato Ridge, Id say.. 31's with armor and a locker. 32's minimum without a locker/armor. When I got mine lifted, I made it through with only the tires, no locker. Only 1 hard section, maybe 100 yards long. The rest is a nice scenic gravel road, that a stock SUV can make.

easy as long as you take the gravel rd. dont take the wash if you're not at least locked and 35's id say.

May 2013 YJ of the month
Unread 03-28-2011, 08:20 PM   #364
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by '92 vegas YJ View Post
so last weekend i decided to go play in the rocks at one of the local trails in vegas....

well i thought it'd be a good idea and wheel this...

and this

..... on 33s with no skids for my oil pan. id never had a problem until now. it looks like my oil pan got hit with a 5LB sledge. i ended up ripping a hole in the pan and losing all my oil on the trail. i had to get towed out by a buddy i went with.

well i went to the junkyard yesterday and got a used pan off of a cherokee and put it in today.

heres the old pan....

comparison from old and the pan i put in

took about an hr to change pans and filter then fill er up.

THE VERY NEXT THING I DID WAS START MAKING A SKID!!!!!!!!!!!

this is just a teaser as a ran out of welding wire and still have more to do. will probably finish sometime during the week or next weekend.

everything i had laying around in the garage.

11g sheet i think. its either 11g or 10g

cut it

starting making some sides for bracing

some more

i got the dimensions off of a writeup on wrangler-kicks-***.net
Nice Chris!.....I went back out there Sunday morning....your mark is still there

Skid is looking good, let me know when you get back this way and we'll hit up Logandale...oh did u get any more pics uploaded?

Ricky
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2011, 08:35 PM   #365
'92 vegas YJ
R.I.P. Ratmonkey

1992 YJ Wrangler 

i have about 50 uploaded. im at work right now til wed(gotta love the military) but when i get off if i remember i'll put the rest up then put up a link to my photobucket.

-chris

May 2013 YJ of the month
Unread 03-29-2011, 12:10 AM   #366
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

how much oil did you lose? Did you try to clean any of it up?

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

"One of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the great struggle for independence" - Charles Austin Beard

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.
Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2011, 03:07 AM   #367
LVLF4LO
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
how much oil did you lose? Did you try to clean any of it up?
Probably at least 5 quarts id say. I dont this you can pick up/clean up oil in gravel/dirt roads. Id imagine the ground just soaks it up like its water. Nothing you can really do.
LVLF4LO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2011, 08:15 AM   #368
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Yea he lost some, but quickly had a bottle and towels under there. And I'd say his arms and shirt got some . We bagged up what we could. I checked the area Sunday when I was there. It's all good. I just know the rock he hit because it has a large gash in the rock and yes it has a dark stain on it but looks like nothing more than a tire mark.
Unread 03-29-2011, 11:29 AM   #369
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVLF4LO

Probably at least 5 quarts id say. I dont this you can pick up/clean up oil in gravel/dirt roads. Id imagine the ground just soaks it up like its water. Nothing you can really do.
You would shovel up the gravel/rocks/dirt that are soaked. Better than leaving it there. Same idea as carry in carry out camping,.

And yes...it soaks it up like water and essentially poisons that spot....then water washes it into streams and whatnot, etc etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza
Yea he lost some, but quickly had a bottle and towels under there. And I'd say his arms and shirt got some . We bagged up what we could. I checked the area Sunday when I was there. It's all good. I just know the rock he hit because it has a large gash in the rock and yes it has a dark stain on it but looks like nothing more than a tire mark.
I was just wondering. I know how sensitive they get about that crap up there, plus it's just the right thing to try and clean it up. I know it won't be perfect, just wanted to make sure y'all didn't leave 5 quarts of oil soaking into the ground on government land haha.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

"One of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the great struggle for independence" - Charles Austin Beard

Quote:
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 03-29-2011, 09:10 PM   #370
'92 vegas YJ
R.I.P. Ratmonkey

1992 YJ Wrangler 

like Garza said, as soon as i got the hole i hopped out and stuck my finger into the hole until i was able to put a bottle under it.

i really didnt lose as much as you would think. we were able to plug it enough for it to stop leaking while we towed it off of the trail. later when i pulled the plug i would say approx 4-5 quarts still came out.

May 2013 YJ of the month
Unread 03-30-2011, 03:52 AM   #371
LVLF4LO
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
You would shovel up the gravel/rocks/dirt that are soaked. Better than leaving it there. Same idea as carry in carry out camping,.

And yes...it soaks it up like water and essentially poisons that spot....then water washes it into streams and whatnot, etc etc.
And put the rocks/dirt/gravel where? In the bed of the truck???

And thats where theres is a problem... Conservation area, so you cant legally move a rock, right?

Dont get me wrong, i dont like litterers, even ppl that throw cigarette butts out the window. But what can we do about that???

When we went out to Potato Ridge and you were leaking oil on the ground.... did you attempt to clean it up??? It was a small amount, but I dont think you gave it an attempt.
LVLF4LO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2011, 01:08 PM   #372
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVLF4LO View Post
And put the rocks/dirt/gravel where? In the bed of the truck???

And thats where theres is a problem... Conservation area, so you cant legally move a rock, right?

Dont get me wrong, i dont like litterers, even ppl that throw cigarette butts out the window. But what can we do about that???

When we went out to Potato Ridge and you were leaking oil on the ground.... did you attempt to clean it up??? It was a small amount, but I dont think you gave it an attempt.

I leaked an minor amount, which is why i didn't try, and thats why i asked how much he leaked.

5 quarts is a lot different than a spraying over a small area. He didnt even leak all of it, so its not a problem.

I was just wondering. Not accusing, not insinuating, not speculating, simply asking.

Quote:

Unread 03-30-2011, 10:01 PM   #373
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Any of you guys ever head out to "Tie-Rod Canyon"? Off I15 south and Sloan? It looks ok from what pics I have seen. I was told it was on BLM's list to close to OHV use, but as long as you stay on the trail your ok....for now.
Unread 03-31-2011, 10:56 AM   #374
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza View Post
Any of you guys ever head out to "Tie-Rod Canyon"? Off I15 south and Sloan? It looks ok from what pics I have seen. I was told it was on BLM's list to close to OHV use, but as long as you stay on the trail your ok....for now.

Which side is it on? Out by the mine or on the other side, by the shooting area?

There's some decent looking trails out by where i go shooting, near nelson/searchlight. You need a truck to get out to the shooting spot, and i think it only gets more gnarly past there.

Quote:

Unread 04-01-2011, 02:46 PM   #375
Tagsrover
1999 TJ Wrangler 

So with some extra money for jeep what would you guys suggest next? Lockers or armor? Right now it just is lifted with tires, no other major modifications
Tagsrover is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.