Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 249 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!Ruffstuff XJ Unirail Channel Reinforcement....

Unread 01-23-2012, 07:13 AM   #3721
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
you donate five or ten bucks toward a membership? it may take forever, but its an idea. any other ideas? fundraising ideas?
I read somewhere that hookers can make up to $13 a pop.

YouStupidBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2012, 07:14 AM   #3722
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

I'll be on my way home shortly. I was supposed to head back this afternoon, but we're going to try to beat the weather. It's already looking ugly out there. Looking forward to the air sickness.

I got to fly this a little on the way in. Flying a plane wasn't as difficult as I thought it might be. I know the hardest part is taking off and landing, but moving around up there was surprisingly easy. I wasn't expecting it to be like calculus, but I was expecting something more. I had the most difficulty with small movements. Steering was not as responsive or immediate as driving and I tended to oversteer.
1111110932-29.jpg  
YouStupidBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2012, 07:59 AM   #3723
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny View Post
I'll be on my way home shortly. I was supposed to head back this afternoon, but we're going to try to beat the weather. It's already looking ugly out there. Looking forward to the air sickness.

I got to fly this a little on the way in. Flying a plane wasn't as difficult as I thought it might be. I know the hardest part is taking off and landing, but moving around up there was surprisingly easy. I wasn't expecting it to be like calculus, but I was expecting something more. I had the most difficulty with small movements. Steering was not as responsive or immediate as driving and I tended to oversteer.
flying is not hard at all, it is everything else associated with it. Actually if there is nothing else around it can be flat out boring. When I was Active Duty I had an incentive flight while tdy at Holloman AFB, the take off in full after burner and max climb was freaking awesome. But once we got up and to the range, when you mixed the overcast sky with the New Mexico ground it got boring after about 20 minutes. There was nothing to reference your speed off of besides the gauges. The good news is I almost over-g'd the jet on several occasions and it seemed like the pilots main job was to make sure I did not break mach once we where out on the range.
gregaf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2012, 08:00 AM   #3724
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
Tell me what you think
Looking good.
Unread 01-23-2012, 08:25 AM   #3725
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny View Post
I read somewhere that hookers can make up to $13 a pop.
They set those prices because they love to do it. They aren't in it for the money.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2012, 08:27 AM   #3726
sirhk100

Peddle assembly install sucks!!! Anyone into self torture? If so, feel free to stop by tonight and put my peddles in! I walked away from the jeep in disgust after about 45 minutes of no progress other then adding hurt to my hands and fingers. LOL

Transmission is bolted up, starter installed, clutch slave installed. Slap the peddles in tonight (I hope!!!!) and then if that goes quickly somehow... Then I'll throw the T-case in also and get all that linkage hooked back up and try to get the driveshafts back in assuming the lengths are still fine. Maybe even get the skidplate back up in place. That'll just leave the shifter, center console and other random interior parts I've pulled off and some wiring stuff.

Other then the peddles last night the whole trans swap has been pretty straight forward and easy so far. Note to self, next time pull the cooler lines before you start installing new trans cause you'll have to pull it back off, including the clutch, flywheel and backing plate... LOL

Also, didn't get nearly as much done yesterday as I'd hoped cause I got sucked into the TV watching supercross in the morning. Then spent half the day running parts! Went to pickup the flywheel and crank position sensor. Got home, realized I'd forgot a new pilot bearing and clutch alignment tool. Run back out and can't find anyplace that sells just the tool, it's only included in a clutch assembly. Fine, I'll borrow one... Head home, realize the throw out bearing seems good but it has one rough spot that probably wasn't anything but I decide screw it, I'm putting a new clutch in it too since it's all out. So run back out and return the pilot bearing and just buy an entire clutch assembly! Awesome right!!!! Head home, crawl under it, slap the tin up there, put the flywheel in place and find the bolts that held the flexplate on are now too short for the flywheel!!!! Crap!!! Off to ace hardware, I need 6 bolts, they've only got 3... So then run across town to another ace hardware to pick up the remaining 3 bolts. Finally got everything in possession to start working on it around 2 in the afternoon. LOL Oh well, still not a bad Sunday and I'm happy to see noticeable progress. I never feel like removing stuff is progress... It doesn't feel like progress till new parts are going in!
sirhk100 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2012, 08:41 AM   #3727
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
Peddle assembly install sucks!!! Anyone into self torture? If so, feel free to stop by tonight and put my peddles in! I walked away from the jeep in disgust after about 45 minutes of no progress other then adding hurt to my hands and fingers. LOL

Transmission is bolted up, starter installed, clutch slave installed. Slap the peddles in tonight (I hope!!!!) and then if that goes quickly somehow... Then I'll throw the T-case in also and get all that linkage hooked back up and try to get the driveshafts back in assuming the lengths are still fine. Maybe even get the skidplate back up in place. That'll just leave the shifter, center console and other random interior parts I've pulled off and some wiring stuff.

Other then the peddles last night the whole trans swap has been pretty straight forward and easy so far. Note to self, next time pull the cooler lines before you start installing new trans cause you'll have to pull it back off, including the clutch, flywheel and backing plate... LOL

Also, didn't get nearly as much done yesterday as I'd hoped cause I got sucked into the TV watching supercross in the morning. Then spent half the day running parts! Went to pickup the flywheel and crank position sensor. Got home, realized I'd forgot a new pilot bearing and clutch alignment tool. Run back out and can't find anyplace that sells just the tool, it's only included in a clutch assembly. Fine, I'll borrow one... Head home, realize the throw out bearing seems good but it has one rough spot that probably wasn't anything but I decide screw it, I'm putting a new clutch in it too since it's all out. So run back out and return the pilot bearing and just buy an entire clutch assembly! Awesome right!!!! Head home, crawl under it, slap the tin up there, put the flywheel in place and find the bolts that held the flexplate on are now too short for the flywheel!!!! Crap!!! Off to ace hardware, I need 6 bolts, they've only got 3... So then run across town to another ace hardware to pick up the remaining 3 bolts. Finally got everything in possession to start working on it around 2 in the afternoon. LOL Oh well, still not a bad Sunday and I'm happy to see noticeable progress. I never feel like removing stuff is progress... It doesn't feel like progress till new parts are going in!
wheu installing the peddals did you take the drivers seat out? maybe even the back seat so you can lay in the tub.....
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2012, 08:41 AM   #3728
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

So, why is that flight attendants on commercial flights tell you to shut off phones during the flight? I'm using mine on this little plane and nothing bad seems to be happening. It's not like we're crashi
Unread 01-23-2012, 08:49 AM   #3729
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81 View Post
wheu installing the peddals did you take the drivers seat out? maybe even the back seat so you can lay in the tub.....
I did not but that might be happening tonight. My issue is the way I have to bend and tweak myself around to get in there I can only get in there with one arm/hand basically and I think that I need a 2nd arm in there. I'm the guy that would rather hurt myself for 45 minutes trying to be lazy rather then just pulling the seat and going what probably really is the easy route! LOL
Unread 01-23-2012, 09:13 AM   #3730
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Lol subs and amps. The truck came with one speaker from the factory. And that's all its ever getting!

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2012, 09:58 AM   #3731
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

I could not imagine too many things being that hard to access on a TJ. But then again I have tooled on VW's for almost 10 years
Unread 01-23-2012, 10:23 AM   #3732
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
I could not imagine too many things being that hard to access on a TJ. But then again I have tooled on VW's for almost 10 years
Sometimes I just want to take my wife's VW out back and shoot it. 10 minute job=2 hours.
Unread 01-23-2012, 10:27 AM   #3733
sirhk100

I won't forget having the clip holding the throw out bearing in my old bug breaking. Step one, remove engine... replace $0.25 piece, reinstall engine! Stupid bug!!! LOL

LOL, don't know what me and my dad are doing in this picture but looks like something is broke, how fitting!!! LOL

Unread 01-23-2012, 10:28 AM   #3734
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Ysb, pull up!
Unread 01-23-2012, 10:34 AM   #3735
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Don't get pull up and pull out confused! They will both save your life however.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.