Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 2468 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 05-01-2014, 07:03 PM   #37006
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

All I'm saying is the one I saw at Larry's place was freakin sick. Couldn't even tell it was lining until you got right up to it

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-01-2014, 08:44 PM   #37007
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
I tell the same thing to just about everyone... Figure out literally how much you're willing to spend on it long term. Like in the end do you want a $5K truck, $10K, $20K, etc... once you figure that out you'll know roughly what level of build and parts you should be looking at. Should you be watching classifieds or retail for sales? Are you watching for deals on FOA shocks or King pure race series, Are you building a cage out of mild steel or DOM, etc... Once you determine roughly how much long term you're willing to dump into the project (even if you don't have the money now) you can create a parts list which basically becomes your road map. I did this with my trucks, Jason did this with the race truck, etc... Once you have that it's all about patience. Save up and just continuously watch the classifieds. SMOKING DEALS are out there!!! The offroad swap is a gold mine for deals!!! The thing is you have to be committed cause you may be buying parts that don't get installed for a year or two. I had the rear axle for my toyota for almost 2 years before it finally got installed. I had the front coilovers for easily 18 months before I put them on. But they were too cheap to pass up! Seriously, get me a rough budget that you think you're willing to dump into it long term and I could probably give you a pretty realistic parts/build list that would allow you start doing research and price shopping and comparing various brands of parts.
Hey Puck, listen to Khris on this! I have parts heading towards his house right now for a truck I don't even own. Why? Because these parts don't come up for sale very often (last run was over a year ago) and they typically require a lot of work to make fit if they are bought second hand because they are basically weld to fit your truck. Because these things are hard to come by (although not needed for most builds) I jumped when the builder said he was making a batch.

I may not have the truck yet but I have a build plan and I am watching for parts that I need.

On a side note, if anybody hears about an unmolested 90-97 Ranger 4X4 with the 4.0L for sale please let me know.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-01-2014, 09:10 PM   #37008
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez View Post
Should I be worried that he was "let go"?
I'll talk to him and get his interest level in doing legit paint jobs this weekend and assuming he's cool with it I can pass you guys his phone number then. Last time I talked to him I know he was more looking at doing detail type work but with his employment situation he may be up for anything...

As far as worrying cause he got let go, absolutely not. In my opinion he should still be there. They cut our customer service dept in half and basically he was in that group. I don't know details but it's just one of those things where if it was my choice there would've been another person let go WAY before he was. Put it this way, he once took work home with him because he knew he was falling behind but they wouldn't let him have overtime right. Isn't that the kind of employee you want working for you? Instead, he got written up because I guess it's against company policy to take work related items off the premises. Okay, then why do they let the HR lady who has access to all of our personal info work from home??? I'm way more concerned about that then this dude that was getting caught up on his spread sheets on his own time and then got punished for it.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-02-2014, 10:20 AM   #37009
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Anyone have a brake bleeding kit? I got all new brakes with braided lines and my pedal is like a sponge. I have bled them a few times with the same out come.
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-02-2014, 10:45 AM   #37010
sirhk100

The place is hit and miss but I've had this exact one for years without any issues and used it quite a bit! Comes in handy more then I thought. Probably cause I'm usually trying to do this stuff solo...

http://www.harborfreight.com/brake-b...kit-69328.html

Unread 05-02-2014, 10:54 AM   #37011
sirhk100

Unread 05-02-2014, 12:03 PM   #37012
dmgiff
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor0206 View Post
Anyone have a brake bleeding kit? I got all new brakes with braided lines and my pedal is like a sponge. I have bled them a few times with the same out come.
I have one...
dmgiff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-02-2014, 01:48 PM   #37013
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
This is EPIC! I want one! Dunno what for, but that is so freaking cool! I have always been fascinated by miniature engines like this that actually run. A buddy sent me a video of a 16 cylinder, if I remember right. It was way cool too.
Unread 05-02-2014, 01:51 PM   #37014
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Here it is. Its not as much cool factor as that v8, but this is still impressive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsaz7URn5g8

Last edited by Powrjunkey; 05-02-2014 at 01:52 PM.. Reason: Dead link.
Powrjunkey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-02-2014, 01:52 PM   #37015
sirhk100

Yeah, no clue what I'd do with one but I'd take one for sure! I like the dude that built the running ferrari!!! IMO, this one is the benchmark for everything I've seen in the "mini world" lol

Unread 05-02-2014, 01:55 PM   #37016
sirhk100

I'll have to watch that one later on with sound.

Unread 05-02-2014, 02:19 PM   #37017
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Does anyone sell these as a kit at a reasonable price? This would be a really cool learning project for the boys.
matthew900 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-02-2014, 02:33 PM   #37018
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew900
Does anyone sell these as a kit at a reasonable price? This would be a really cool learning project for the boys.
I know they make plastic kits for all kinds of motors that you can hand crank. My dad gave me a lawn mower and had me pull it apart and put it back until it ran.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-02-2014, 02:55 PM   #37019
sirhk100

All the ones I've seen are hand made by very skilled machinist. And yeah, like above... Go buy a old like XR100 dirt bike and rebuild the motor. A VW was actually my first experience and then it was followed by probably too many dirt bike engines, both 4 & 2 strokes.

Unread 05-02-2014, 03:00 PM   #37020
KillaKeys17
2004 WJ 

Hey guys quick question...I am installing a 3" IRO kit this weekend on my WJ and will need to have her aligned and my new tires mounted and balanced (has TPMS). Any recommendations? I contacted "4 wheel parts" on Decatur and they quoted me around $35-. Seems high, but maybe I'm wrong. Any help would be great. Thanks
KillaKeys17 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.