Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 246 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits

Unread 01-20-2012, 08:41 PM   #3676
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Still thinking about doing wheelers tomorrow if this storm is not too bad. Anyone want to go?

gregaf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2012, 09:01 PM   #3677
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I always hate giving offers...I always think it will be offensive. I'm not looking to spend too much on one. It looks like it needs a bit of work? What rough area would you be looking, realistically? IF you sell.
Unread 01-20-2012, 11:31 PM   #3678
dwink
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3
Still thinking about doing wheelers tomorrow if this storm is not too bad. Anyone want to go?
I am interested- hopefully the weather holds off.
2012 Wrangler Rubicon- OME 2.5 HD lift, adjustable lower control arms, Adjustable sway bar links, AEV rear bumper/carrier, Rugged Ridge XHD front, Hella Rallylight upgrade, MORE skids, 315/70 DuraTracs on stock wheels for the winter, working on my summer setup.

[URL=http://www.fuelly.com/driver/dwink/wrangler-2][IMG]http://mefi.us/images/fuelly/sig-us/102069.png[/IMG][/URL]

Retired.... but a good friend still has her! 1990 YJ 3" Trailmaster 258 Jasper re-manufactured engine. Nuttered. Webbered (38). Team Rushed. Headers. Cancel that Webbered- went to a Howell FI setup.
dwink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-20-2012, 11:49 PM   #3679
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Supposed to rain(30-40%) tonight, early tomorrow and clear up tomorrow afternoon. May find yourselves in snow/mud. My bfg AT's won't like either very much.
Unread 01-21-2012, 12:41 AM   #3680
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

We will be meeting at the mc donalds off of durango and farm @ 900 weather dependant. Last weather I saw said windy with not much rain... I hope they are not gamblers!!
Unread 01-21-2012, 09:30 AM   #3681
sirhk100

Speaking of Gamblers... I'm off to the Gamblers MC club race in Primm for the day! Tomorrow will be more jeep wrenching fun! Well, probably a few hours worth tonight also I guess.
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2012, 09:57 AM   #3682
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
Speaking of Gamblers... I'm off to the Gamblers MC club race in Primm for the day! Tomorrow will be more jeep wrenching fun! Well, probably a few hours worth tonight also I guess.
Did you get any work done on the jeep last night our were you to busy whoring around?
Unread 01-21-2012, 03:23 PM   #3683
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Wheeler's Pass was fun. A little windy, but not too bad. The Pahrump side was a little muddy so I have to go pressure wash the heck out of the jeep. THanks for coming along Dwink, hope you had fun!!
gregaf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2012, 05:13 PM   #3684
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

After an hour under the jeep, all of the mud is gone. It was more like gravel then anything else. My windshield got peppered with gravel from one of the gusts, guessing it will crack here soon now...

forumrunner_20120121_160956.jpg
Unread 01-21-2012, 06:02 PM   #3685
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Going to be gone for a few days again, but nothing bad this time. I felt well enough to fly into Texas yesterday to see if we can thin the hog herd a bit. I don't usually get sick when I fly, but this was a small aircraft and the wind was pushing us in all directions.

Below is the runway we flew into. It's a private field way west of Waco. The owner of that land is nice enough to let his neighbors use it occasionally. He doesn't charge people, but he does take donations to store aircraft for short periods. My friends donation to him is to let him hunt on his property. It's a fair trade since the hogs constantly tear up his fields.

Sorry about the picture quality. That was taken with my phone since I wasn't thinking ahead and packed my good cameras in my luggage.
1111110932-00.jpg  
YouStupidBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2012, 06:06 PM   #3686
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

I don't think there will be a shortage of hogs to hunt. This was taken during one of the passes flying around their property. We saw no less than 50 in 2 passes. We also saw a few deer, but they don't hunt them because they're pretty. They treat them like pets. There are some deer close to the house that are very tame. We were sitting outside last night and the deer were eating by the feeder right next to the patio.
1111110932-03.jpg  
Unread 01-21-2012, 06:07 PM   #3687
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Ok, men. I just wanted to pop in and post a couple pictures. I'll be back in Vegas in a couple more days. Hopefully, I'll have some great pictures to share. Have a good weekend!
Unread 01-21-2012, 06:26 PM   #3688
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

One more thing. In Texas, all they drink is beer and Red Bull. They're a funny people.
Unread 01-21-2012, 09:15 PM   #3689
sirhk100

Was mostly whoring around last night but between work and the whoring I did manage to break in the trans jack. Got it dropped and slid out from under the jeep.

Glad I didn't race today. Conditions were actually decent cause the wind doesn't bother me much but I hear the course markers were mostly knocked down and it was just a total cluster of racers loosing the course all day!

Got home this evening... Pulled the torque converter and the flexplate. Pretty much at this point I've gotta pull the 2 cooler lines going up to the radiator and then it's 100% removed. Will do that in the morning then go pickup a flywheel and the right CPS that I need and hopefully have a trans mounted up by mid day tomorrow! Then deal with the dreaded pedal assembly. If that somehow goes smooth I think the rest of the project will go together pretty quick but Im sure there'll be some hickups on the way. I wouldn't have it any other way! LOL

If anyone's beyond bored I'll be in the garage most of tomorrow. Shouldn't need any help honestly but another person to BS with is always better then the conversation the dog holds down! LOL

Of to clean up and down to town square to continue the whoring conquest... Had fun last night but wouldn't call it successful, tonight is round two! LOL Same group...
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-21-2012, 09:27 PM   #3690
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

bed liner is in, inverter is wired, rear seat is back in. it looks awesome.

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.