Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 2447 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 04-18-2014, 08:49 PM   #36691
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81 View Post

That would be me, and I said 2 months...
**** u guys lol. And I've had it 4
And its not for sale I'm just saying it may end up for sale

Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-18-2014, 09:21 PM   #36692
sirhk100

It's for sale...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-18-2014, 10:28 PM   #36693
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

So, I am sitting here, in Wichita Falls and watching all these drunk 18-20 yr olds being ****tards. This ****ing sucks. Already had to take one little snot nosed little **** down. I am so ready to be home. This is ****ing stupid.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-18-2014, 10:53 PM   #36694
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor0206 View Post

**** u guys lol. And I've had it 4
And its not for sale I'm just saying it may end up for sale
LOL!!! "it may end up for sale" means "it's for sale!"
Puck81 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-19-2014, 01:29 AM   #36695
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
It's for sale...

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-19-2014, 05:39 PM   #36696
lockedwheels
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Okay so my fuel cell was leaking around the fuel pump a while back, and I just ignored it for a while. Decided to fix it so I ran to Oreilys and grabbed a tube of something that said it was fuel resistant and for fuel gaskets (cant remember the name). Well I think the tube was expired or something because in some spots it never dried hard. I let it sit for like 5 days without putting any fuel in the cell and it just stayed soft in some areas. Well I ran it like that and ended up getting a crack in my fuel cell because it was mounted down too hard. So when I pulled the fuel cell to get welded back up I did some research and it seemed like SEALALL was the product to use. I mounted it all back up and it still had some minor leaks (only when I was on major inclines or leaning). Anyone have any ideas on what to try next? Should I use an actual rubber gasket in between the KORE ring and the cell as well as SEALALL? Or rubber gaskets on the inside of the cell and in between the KORE ring and cell? I am taking it personal now and don't want anymore leaks.
lockedwheels is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-19-2014, 07:10 PM   #36697
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I would think a good rubber gasket between the ring and the cell would be sufficient. I'm basing my opinion on everything I've ever taken apart has only had the rubber gasket and no curing sealer. If that sealall is supposedly good, maybe apply a thin coat on both sides of the rubber gasket. I wouldn't put enough on for it to bulge out when tightened, just a very light coating to aid in the seal.
This is just an opinion and not based on any first hand experience sealing fuel cells, but oem fuel tanks.
Unread 04-19-2014, 07:11 PM   #36698
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
I would think a good rubber gasket between the ring and the cell would be sufficient. I'm basing my opinion on everything I've ever taken apart has only had the rubber gasket and no curing sealer. If that sealall is supposedly good, maybe apply a thin coat on both sides of the rubber gasket. I wouldn't put enough on for it to bulge out when tightened, just a very light coating to aid in the seal.
This is just an opinion and not based on any first hand experience sealing fuel cells, but oem fuel tanks.
what he said and then once its tight put a ring around it

Or http://flexsealdirect.com/ j/k
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-19-2014, 07:28 PM   #36699
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockedwheels View Post
Okay so my fuel cell was leaking around the fuel pump a while back, and I just ignored it for a while. Decided to fix it so I ran to Oreilys and grabbed a tube of something that said it was fuel resistant and for fuel gaskets (cant remember the name). Well I think the tube was expired or something because in some spots it never dried hard. I let it sit for like 5 days without putting any fuel in the cell and it just stayed soft in some areas. Well I ran it like that and ended up getting a crack in my fuel cell because it was mounted down too hard. So when I pulled the fuel cell to get welded back up I did some research and it seemed like SEALALL was the product to use. I mounted it all back up and it still had some minor leaks (only when I was on major inclines or leaning). Anyone have any ideas on what to try next? Should I use an actual rubber gasket in between the KORE ring and the cell as well as SEALALL? Or rubber gaskets on the inside of the cell and in between the KORE ring and cell? I am taking it personal now and don't want anymore leaks.
Most fuel cells now only use a cork or rubber gasket for a seal. IF you are only wanting to rely on something out of a tube for a gasket.....start here.. http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalo...prosealant.php
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-19-2014, 07:30 PM   #36700
lockedwheels
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza View Post

Most fuel cells now only use a cork or rubber gasket for a seal. IF you are only wanting to rely on something out of a tube for a gasket.....start here.. http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalo...prosealant.php
I don't HAVE to use something out of a tube... Just looking for the right way to go.
Unread 04-19-2014, 07:36 PM   #36701
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockedwheels View Post

I don't HAVE to use something out of a tube... Just looking for the right way to go.
If it were me, I would go with cork on the flange gasket, and some nylon or teflon washers on the bolts...kind of like this

Garza is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-19-2014, 07:43 PM   #36702
lockedwheels
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza View Post

If it were me, I would go with cork on the flange gasket, and some nylon or teflon washers on the bolts...kind of like this
Alright. I will give it a shot. Thanks!
Unread 04-19-2014, 07:51 PM   #36703
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

We used to use a paper like gasket at a bio-diesel plant I used to work at that was corrosive resistant that we used in pumps that moved pre-washed fuel. I'll see if I can find out what is was called. We used to buy it from nevada hose.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-19-2014, 08:20 PM   #36704
sirhk100

Made the best of not going to az this weekend...

Out to the garage now to make progress on the F150 and tomorrow is breakfast with a friend and then riding the dirt bike...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-19-2014, 10:09 PM   #36705
dmgiff
1997 TJ Wrangler 

^And no invite thrown out to the rest of us?
dmgiff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.