Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 2442 - JeepForum.com
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #36616 of 41964 Old 04-15-2014, 03:17 PM Thread Starter
Marn
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Here's one for you... Here's one of the wheel bearings Marn runs around town on to the left side of the picture (2wd ford ranger) and on the right side is the wheel bearing toyota uses in the 2wd tacoma. It's the same bearing we race on... 2wd ranger vs. 2wd tacoma...

not so ferd tough..... poor lil' ranger. it tries so hard!

No but surriously, if I lost my job or work truck or whatever, I'd probably hunt out a slightly older (early 2000's) ranger or tacoma or something along those lines. Super practical vehicle. Gets like 27mph highway, and can still fit a bunch of stuff in the back (i use it all the time to haul crap).

-Andrew

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
----- The Camper Build Thread:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #36617 of 41964 Old 04-15-2014, 03:25 PM
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

That is what I'm looking for toyota prefer v6 manual 4x4 with a/c and less than 160,000 miles. If I can find one with a locker that would be even better.
post #36618 of 41964 Old 04-15-2014, 03:29 PM
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zjrookie
Really thought f150s were supposed to be a good truck. What trans you have? The worst truck built by ford is my 6.0 diesel but I have had very little issues.
This is the first vehicle I've ever bought from a dealer. First week I had it the gas gauge didn't work. I got the truck back a week later and it still didn't work. Then the o/d went out a few months later. Then it started to misfire with bad coils. Then the trans fried and it was replaced. Had a misfire again a year later had to change plugs 6 out of 8 plugs broke in the head and it took me 14 hours to swap spark plugs. Then had that trans fry and it was rebuilt along with the rear end. Changed the plugs and coils again because of another misfire. Then the power steering pump failed. Now the warranty is out and the trans goes again . All that with very little towing and some pretty mild off roading. That also doesn't include the fights I was having at team ford not honoring the extended warranty I bought from them. Yeah I'm done.

post #36619 of 41964 Old 04-15-2014, 03:42 PM
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
This is the first vehicle I've ever bought from a dealer. First week I had it the gas gauge didn't work. I got the truck back a week later and it still didn't work. Then the o/d went out a few months later. Then it started to misfire with bad coils. Then the trans fried and it was replaced. Had a misfire again a year later had to change plugs 6 out of 8 plugs broke in the head and it took me 14 hours to swap spark plugs. Then had that trans fry and it was rebuilt along with the rear end. Changed the plugs and coils again because of another misfire. Then the power steering pump failed. Now the warranty is out and the trans goes again . All that with very little towing and some pretty mild off roading. That also doesn't include the fights I was having at team ford no honoring the extended warranty I bought from them. Yeah I'm done.
In Florida I had the ford stealership put a low mile engine in my 06 explorer. 2000 miles later on our way here in Flagstaff AZ the water pump shaft snaps and sends the fan on a rampage destroying a bunch of stuff. There's blatant damage on the water pump shaft from them grabbing it with tools to remove and reinstall the fan clutch when they did the engine change but they refused to honor the warranty because it was an “external part” that broke. I spent 4 grand on an engine change and it lasted 2000 miles. Never again will I do business with those bastards which is sad because we used to be die hard ford people. Now we own a Nissan Titan.
post #36620 of 41964 Old 04-15-2014, 03:53 PM Thread Starter
Marn
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

i wish i could go to a jeep dealership. they'd probably look at me all weird and tell me to take my 'bronco' to a ford dealership

-Andrew

The Beast Build Thread:

post #36621 of 41964 Old 04-15-2014, 03:58 PM
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus
i wish i could go to a jeep dealership. they'd probably look at me all weird and tell me to take my 'bronco' to a ford dealership
. I've ordered parts for old Chevys at dealers and they have had old factory parts. But having an AMC/Chrysler/Jeep and whatever other parts are on your rig probably make it a lot harder.
post #36622 of 41964 Old 04-15-2014, 04:22 PM Thread Starter
Marn
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
. I've ordered parts for old Chevys at dealers and they have had old factory parts. But having an AMC/Chrysler/Jeep and whatever other parts are on your rig probably make it a lot harder.
Dani gets her oil changes at the dealership (towbin) because they came with the car or whatever and every time i pull up with her to drop it off while we go get a coffee or groceries (we are driving the wagoneer after all, lets be realistic) I get all kinds of weird looks when I'm waiting near the other jeeps or park front and center.

Probably because the sales guys don't know I'm waiting for her and they'll have to rock paper scissors for who has to go try to sell to the scrubby guy in the old ****box, lol.

-Andrew

The Beast Build Thread:

post #36623 of 41964 Old 04-15-2014, 04:30 PM
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus
Dani gets her oil changes at the dealership (towbin) because they came with the car or whatever and every time i pull up with her to drop it off while we go get a coffee or groceries (we are driving the wagoneer after all, lets be realistic) I get all kinds of weird looks when I'm waiting near the other jeeps or park front and center. Probably because the sales guys don't know I'm waiting for her and they'll have to rock paper scissors for who has to go try to sell to the scrubby guy in the old ****box, lol.
. Hahaha. I never thought I would see the day that we took my grandfathers 67 ford to have a tune up done and this young guy didn't know how to set the timing after a tune up. I'm not old by any means but come on.
post #36624 of 41964 Old 04-15-2014, 04:33 PM
Zjrookie
1998 ZJ 

That's the problem you went to team ford. I get all my stuff at ford country way better service and people plus I don't even pay full price for parts anymore which is a plus I recommend calling ford country and see if they will honor the extended warranty never hurts to try.
post #36625 of 41964 Old 04-15-2014, 04:35 PM Thread Starter
Marn
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
. Hahaha. I never thought I would see the day that we took my grandfathers 67 ford to have a tune up done and this young guy didn't know how to set the timing after a tune up. I'm not old by any means but come on.
You shoulda seen the hassle I went through trying to get my **** to pass smog the first time. Admittedly I had no idea what I was doing with carbs, but people just wouldn't or couldn't figure out how to tune a carb. Finally took it to one place that said they could make it pass, and the owner's old dad actually had to come in and do it lol

-Andrew

The Beast Build Thread:

post #36626 of 41964 Old 04-15-2014, 04:36 PM
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zjrookie
That's the problem you went to team ford. I get all my stuff at ford country way better service and people plus I don't even pay full price for parts anymore which is a plus I recommend calling ford country and see if they will honor the extended warranty never hurts to try.
no friendly has been way hookin it up. They did honor my warranty and did the last work on it before it ran out. I'll have to see which is ford country, I went to the stealership on 215 and they also treated me like ****, then I found out spaceball worked at friendly and I've been happy ever since.
post #36627 of 41964 Old 04-15-2014, 06:49 PM
Spaceball
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
no friendly has been way hookin it up. They did honor my warranty and did the last work on it before it ran out. I'll have to see which is ford country, I went to the stealership on 215 and they also treated me like ****, then I found out spaceball worked at friendly and I've been happy ever since.
That sucks about your truck man, must have been built on a Friday thing I can honestly say that the F150s and Rangers are the best vehicles Ford has made in recent 10-30 years (except those spark plugs ) and I can't believe the Ranger is no more, dumb. Hope your next truck is better than that one
post #36628 of 41964 Old 04-15-2014, 06:54 PM
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceball
That sucks about your truck man, must have been built on a Friday thing I can honestly say that the F150s and Rangers are the best vehicles Ford has made in recent 10-30 years (except those spark plugs ) and I can't believe the Ranger is no more, dumb. Hope your next truck is better than that one
thanks man from what I've read I must have found the only one with a ton of problems. I have been pretty impressed with my work truck which is a 2013 v6 f150. It's pretty perky for a v6.
post #36629 of 41964 Old 04-15-2014, 07:13 PM Thread Starter
Marn
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceball View Post
meh, my only real complaint about the ranger is that it's super chinsey. rattly, vibratey, noisy, windy, plasticy, headliner is falling apart, seats are all torn up (i dont wear a toolbelt or anything), paint is literally flaking off, it's just a cheap little truck that actually kinda cost alot when new.

It's been fine mechanically except for the transmission being toast before 85,000 miles (though i rode it for another 35,000 with it slipping worse and worse and worse until it got dangerous to try and pull into traffic). There's been small stuff in the last 55,000 that I have driven it (142,000 now) but nothing major.

Decent little truck, just cheap feeling. Also gutless, but thats just because of the 2.4l. driving to victorville the other day was awful. semi's passing me constantly on up hill climbs.

-Andrew

The Beast Build Thread:

post #36630 of 41964 Old 04-15-2014, 07:18 PM
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post

Decent little truck, just cheap feeling. Also gutless, but thats just because of the 2.4l. driving to victorville the other day was awful. semi's passing me constantly on up hill climbs.
Just like a 4 banger wrangler lol

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.