Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 2432 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 04-03-2014, 05:45 PM   #36466
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
I like the color more each time you post it. Looks good.
Thanks, Yeah its bold but its just like the color on the newer mustangs

Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2014, 08:30 PM   #36467
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Nothing wrong with HREW if designed right (not saying the ORF one is) but I'm sure everyone has seen the video of that ORF cage rolling in moab.
Yes, everyone has seen Jim B.s awesome spotting that led to Tracy rolling down that rock chute in Moab. What most fail to see is the A pillar never takes a solid hit due to how close the walls are to the chute. The rig rolls sideways down hitting mostly on the hood and back of the rollbars at the end of the tub. The trail is curved enough at the bottom that you can lay a rig crossways pretty much and the top of the windshield won't touch. Unfortunately that video has been used to sell more dangerous crap than should be legal.

If you believe different than that, watch Matt's video, the low impact flop, how much that displaced the sides, and then compare the two. One tells the whole story, one does not.
Unread 04-03-2014, 09:14 PM   #36468
dmgiff
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor0206 View Post
Thanks, Yeah its bold but its just like the color on the newer mustangs
Funny you mention that; I chose that color for the outside of the stripe when I pained mine. I love that color and wish I'd put more of it on my jeep. When I eventually get to doing the cage, I'm going to paint it that color. Grabber blue.
dmgiff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2014, 09:38 PM   #36469
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmgiff View Post

Funny you mention that; I chose that color for the outside of the stripe when I pained mine. I love that color and wish I'd put more of it on my jeep. When I eventually get to doing the cage, I'm going to paint it that color. Grabber blue.
I think it would look sweet, I got the idea from monsta liner they have a color smurftastic or something along those lines and it looked killer inside the tub. I think it would look good with your white exterior.
Unread 04-03-2014, 09:41 PM   #36470
dmgiff
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I painted a bunch of engine parts today in that color as well. Fuel rail, front accessory bracket and a few other little parts. I know, it's almost as bad as having those gheigh neon headlight things, but they looked really rough and I didn't want to just paint them black.
Unread 04-03-2014, 09:50 PM   #36471
dmgiff
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
You can't chemically strip ammo cans in a traditional sense. They are zinc coated which requires either changing the chemical property of the metal (oxidize the metal) or electrically charge the zinc coating so that it will stay dissolved or crystallize when stripping chemicals are introduced. Gasoline and fire won't work for the same reason. In order for the fire to be hot enough to remove the coating, it would destroy the can. The only real options are sanding or media blasting.
Dude. How the eff could you possibly just know that? You might be the smartest cat I know. You're like Cliff Claven off of Cheers.
Unread 04-03-2014, 09:56 PM   #36472
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmgiff
Dude. How the eff could you possibly just know that? You might be the smartest cat I know. You're like Cliff Claven off of Cheers.
This. I swear, there is nothing that Andy doesn't know! Next time we get together we need to play "stump Andy", and I don't mean set Andy on top of a stump so he can look us in the eye, I mean we gotta come up with something that he doesn't know.
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2014, 10:02 PM   #36473
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I don't think he knows how to get a girl, from what I've seen! Haha
MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2014, 10:11 PM   #36474
dmgiff
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMCKEIG View Post
Well yeah... there is that.
Unread 04-03-2014, 10:40 PM   #36475
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMCKEIG View Post
Ok, I laughed uncontrollably for 5 mins after reading this. It's ****ed up, but still funny as hell!
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2014, 11:35 PM   #36476
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMCKEIG
R O ****ing F L

hahahaha.

Sorry Andy

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2014, 11:45 PM   #36477
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
Yes, everyone has seen Jim B.s awesome spotting that led to Tracy rolling down that rock chute in Moab. What most fail to see is the A pillar never takes a solid hit due to how close the walls are to the chute. The rig rolls sideways down hitting mostly on the hood and back of the rollbars at the end of the tub. The trail is curved enough at the bottom that you can lay a rig crossways pretty much and the top of the windshield won't touch. Unfortunately that video has been used to sell more dangerous crap than should be legal.

If you believe different than that, watch Matt's video, the low impact flop, how much that displaced the sides, and then compare the two. One tells the whole story, one does not.
Oh wahhhhhh... I'd rather have that ORF sport cage over nothing that's for darn sure! Is it the best or optimal? Nope. Is it quite a bit better then those awesome OE spreader bars and a windshield frame? Yep... BTW, 95% of the jeep cages I see are pretty much a joke anyways and are only marginally better then what that cage does. Easy access is more important then actual strength and rigidity it seems to most people. Then again, what do I know? I don't own a jeep anymore and everything I learned is from what I read online! Oh and sweet name drops. They add a ton to your comment.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2014, 12:11 AM   #36478
dmgiff
1997 TJ Wrangler 

^Holy ****. You can't talk that way to Blaine, man.
Unread 04-04-2014, 09:35 AM   #36479
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmgiff View Post
I painted a bunch of engine parts today in that color as well. Fuel rail, front accessory bracket and a few other little parts. I know, it's almost as bad as having those gheigh neon headlight things, but they looked really rough and I didn't want to just paint them black.
doooo it
Unread 04-04-2014, 11:38 AM   #36480
dmgiff
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Wow. That looks great. I like it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.