Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 2425 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Advance Adapters SYE Kits~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955

Unread 03-30-2014, 11:38 PM   #36361
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

A couple from today's yummy goodness!

pwr_0382.jpg   pwr_0546.jpg  
Unread 03-30-2014, 11:42 PM   #36362
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Surprisingly, I enjoyed more the stock and super stock classes than the top fuel and alcohol ones! I can definitely say that the top fuel and alcohol are more awe inspiring, but the stock classes were more fun to watch.
Unread 03-31-2014, 07:36 AM   #36363
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Great vid JPRich!

Those pics are awesome Powr, looks like I missed out.
B0nez is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2014, 12:49 PM   #36364
sirhk100

FYI, this is exactly how I picture Marn!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2014, 03:07 PM   #36365
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
FYI, this is exactly how I picture Marn!

Thanks, i needed that today. Customers suck.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2014, 03:18 PM   #36366
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
A couple from today's yummy goodness!
Those top alcohol dragsters literally blew my mind.

0-325mph in 3.7ish seconds. Holy ****. Its crazy, they literally explode when the damn tree goes green. I dont get how they go from idling to like a billion RMP in a 1000th of a second.

I was reading and the dragsters can be at 150dB, and they actually measure 3.2 on the Richter scale haha. That's why the whole damn drag strip feels like it's bin an earthquake. The specs are insane. When running at max pressure it takes 600HP to turn the supercharger on one of those things. Thats right, none of us own a vehicle with enough guts to even run the supercharger on a top fuel car. All I can say is....****'s loud. I dont get how some people werent wearing ear protection.

One thing I don't get, why do the funny cars have to spool up and wait for the light to go green then launch vs. the dragsters that literally explode into action without being at high RMP's already?

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 03-31-2014, 03:30 PM   #36367
sirhk100

I'm going to go to a NHRA race someday!!! Just wasn't in the cards this year!

Marn, tomorrow windy or not, lets do this... I heard on the radio it's supposed to be windy but whatever. I'll get it figured out one way or another. Maybe we can get it shoved up close enough to the house to block it somewhat. The race truck is on stands and immobile so the garage is kinda spoken for right now. How long depends on axle news that I find out this week.

Unread 03-31-2014, 03:46 PM   #36368
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
I'm going to go to a NHRA race someday!!! Just wasn't in the cards this year!

Marn, tomorrow windy or not, lets do this... I heard on the radio it's supposed to be windy but whatever. I'll get it figured out one way or another. Maybe we can get it shoved up close enough to the house to block it somewhat. The race truck is on stands and immobile so the garage is kinda spoken for right now. How long depends on axle news that I find out this week.
no worries but keep in mind we will be all up under the truck for the 1 weld that has to take place so it should be easy enough to block the wind effectively. Plus I DGAF if it's not a pretty weld. Guarantee it'll look better than whatever tweaker at the muffler shop welded it up the first time.

Quote:

Unread 03-31-2014, 03:49 PM   #36369
sirhk100

Ehhhh, you'd be surprised. I just tried 4 different google searches looking for a picture of a weld without the gas and I can't find one. Probably cause they're so nasty that you wouldn't ever post a picture of it!!! LOL A exhaust shop tweaker can definitely weld better then a MIG welder with the gas being blown away by wind! LOL Trust me, it's BAD!!!

Here you go... The 3 on the left look good honestly! When the gas gets blown away in the wind, that's about the best quality you can get!

Unread 03-31-2014, 04:08 PM   #36370
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post

Those top alcohol dragsters literally blew my mind.

0-325mph in 3.7ish seconds. Holy ****. Its crazy, they literally explode when the damn tree goes green. I dont get how they go from idling to like a billion RMP in a 1000th of a second.

I was reading and the dragsters can be at 150dB, and they actually measure 3.2 on the Richter scale haha. That's why the whole damn drag strip feels like it's bin an earthquake. The specs are insane. When running at max pressure it takes 600HP to turn the supercharger on one of those things. Thats right, none of us own a vehicle with enough guts to even run the supercharger on a top fuel car. All I can say is....****'s loud. I dont get how some people werent wearing ear protection.

One thing I don't get, why do the funny cars have to spool up and wait for the light to go green then launch vs. the dragsters that literally explode into action without being at high RMP's already?
You are getting your classes mixed up Powr. Top fuel classes run up to 325 mph at 3.7 to 4.25 seconds with 8000-9000 hp. They run a alcohol/nitro methanol mix of 80-90% nitro.

The alcohol class runs either 100% alcohol with a supercharger (they rev the piss outta the motor to launch on boost) or a 75-80% mix of nitro methanol all motor (they idle launch)
Puck81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-31-2014, 04:32 PM   #36371
sirhk100

speaking of drag racing. My friend's husband did his first pass in his new sunday cruiser this weekend out in California...

Startem young!

Unread 03-31-2014, 05:26 PM   #36372
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81
You are getting your classes mixed up Powr. Top fuel classes run up to 325 mph at 3.7 to 4.25 seconds with 8000-9000 hp. They run a alcohol/nitro methanol mix of 80-90% nitro. The alcohol class runs either 100% alcohol with a supercharger (they rev the piss outta the motor to launch on boost) or a 75-80% mix of nitro methanol all motor (they idle launch)
Don't you call me Powr, Andy....

Quote:

Unread 03-31-2014, 09:02 PM   #36373
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post

Don't you call me Powr, Andy....
No Bonez, he called you Jared
Unread 03-31-2014, 09:25 PM   #36374
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Sorry Marn...
Unread 03-31-2014, 09:26 PM   #36375
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

I was distracted at work and didn't pay attention to who I was quoting.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.