Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 2414 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

All Bilstein shocks & struts - Lowest Prices Ever and Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 03-21-2014, 03:56 PM   #36196
sirhk100

yeah, it's RARE I get stuck in a costumer service situation and I purposely chose my career partially based around my extreme lack of interest in dealing with customers. But the occasional time I do like this morning I'm reminded of how much it sucks and I don't see how some people can deal with it! LOL

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-21-2014, 04:31 PM   #36197
sirhk100

April 12th is a race in Ridgecrest Ca. that I may be heading out to help a friend pit for. Anyone interested in cruising out with me and splitting gas cost? I'll likely take my van and just camp. Tentatively I'd probably head out that Friday morning and be back mid afternoon that Sunday.

Unread 03-21-2014, 04:54 PM   #36198
sirhk100

LOL, seriously, cause the 4WD van doesn't have enough space for camping!!!!???

I'm pretty jealous of this!!! LOL

Unread 03-21-2014, 09:05 PM   #36199
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
I don't see how some people can deal with it! LOL
I have these nasty habits; eating and sleeping indoors.. so I have learned to deal with it because it's what I can do to support those habits
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-21-2014, 10:21 PM   #36200
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

image-1061100469.jpg

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-21-2014, 10:30 PM   #36201
sirhk100

So I mentioned that connection last night that I can relate to. Not sure if you guys realize the amount of money that goes thru my garage in just shop supplies but it adds up pretty damn quick. The connection is basically a MASSIVE discount on virtually anything I'd ever need in my garage supplies wise and all hardware on the trucks also from electrical to grade 9 bolts to plumbing stuff (car, not puck related plumbing) and more. It's all industrial level stuff. Not like the stuff you're getting at autozone, home depot, etc... So stoked on this!!!

Lame picture I know... But for instance, I currently pay $30 a pack for those larger zip ties. That's why occasionally when some of you are at my house and ask for a ziptie I typically tell you to grab them from a specific pack and not another. It's cause I have my cheap ones and I have my expensive ones and I pick and choose were to use them. Everything in that picture above was free! But for reference, those $30 zip tie packs are now about $10. I can get grade 9 hardware cheaper then Grade 5 at ace hardware now. Those flap grinding discs are normally about $8 a piece for highquality ones. I now can get a pack of 25 for about $30 bucks instead! Like this is enough of a connection that it's got me thinking about changing the direction of my build. People see the big dollar items, the shocks, the engine, the suspension... What people don't see is the $600 in nuts and bolts, the massive amount of money in wire and wire connectors, etc... I'm going top of the line now... Speaking of wiring connectors. He gave me packs of the wire crimps that you crimp like normal but then you hit them with a torch, they've got solder built in and then the plastic sheath is actually heat shrink but it's also the type heat shrink that's got the glue built in. Basically they're friggen SUPER expensive connectors but very reasonably priced now with this source! On top of all that, he's setting up a "TPF racing" account at our pricing with free shipping and typically parts are too my door in 1-2 days with only a $15 minimum order!!!!

So yeah, kinda dorky but this seriously is an epic connection for me!!! Even just the amount of cash I'll save not spending gas money to drive across town for things like my sanding belts, welding supplies, bandsaw blades, etc from mcfaddendale will add up fast!

Unread 03-21-2014, 11:04 PM   #36202
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
So I mentioned that connection last night that I can relate to. Not sure if you guys realize the amount of money that goes thru my garage in just shop supplies but it adds up pretty damn quick. The connection is basically a MASSIVE discount on virtually anything I'd ever need in my garage supplies wise and all hardware on the trucks also from electrical to grade 9 bolts to plumbing stuff (car, not puck related plumbing) and more. It's all industrial level stuff. Not like the stuff you're getting at autozone, home depot, etc... So stoked on this!!!

Lame picture I know... But for instance, I currently pay $30 a pack for those larger zip ties. That's why occasionally when some of you are at my house and ask for a ziptie I typically tell you to grab them from a specific pack and not another. It's cause I have my cheap ones and I have my expensive ones and I pick and choose were to use them. Everything in that picture above was free! But for reference, those $30 zip tie packs are now about $10. I can get grade 9 hardware cheaper then Grade 5 at ace hardware now. Those flap grinding discs are normally about $8 a piece for highquality ones. I now can get a pack of 25 for about $30 bucks instead! Like this is enough of a connection that it's got me thinking about changing the direction of my build. People see the big dollar items, the shocks, the engine, the suspension... What people don't see is the $600 in nuts and bolts, the massive amount of money in wire and wire connectors, etc... I'm going top of the line now... Speaking of wiring connectors. He gave me packs of the wire crimps that you crimp like normal but then you hit them with a torch, they've got solder built in and then the plastic sheath is actually heat shrink but it's also the type heat shrink that's got the glue built in. Basically they're friggen SUPER expensive connectors but very reasonably priced now with this source! On top of all that, he's setting up a "TPF racing" account at our pricing with free shipping and typically parts are too my door in 1-2 days with only a $15 minimum order!!!!

So yeah, kinda dorky but this seriously is an epic connection for me!!! Even just the amount of cash I'll save not spending gas money to drive across town for things like my sanding belts, welding supplies, bandsaw blades, etc from mcfaddendale will add up fast!
Thats freaking awesome. I may have to throw some cash down for supplies.
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2014, 05:56 AM   #36203
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

That's great news Khris! Do we get to know who the supplier is so we can throw business their way as the needs permit?
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2014, 01:03 PM   #36204
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Officially starting on the disk conversion. Pulled off the drum that was making a ton of noise and see this...

image-623061631.jpg

image-52110641.jpg

Posted from outer space.
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2014, 01:25 PM   #36205
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

was all that **** just rattling around in there?

Looks like plenty of friction material left on the shoes but that drum is trashed.

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2014, 01:39 PM   #36206
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Yep. I think one of the springs that hold the shoe on broke...

Posted from outer space.
other stuff
Unread 03-22-2014, 02:07 PM   #36207
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

no bueno.

Wont have that problem ever again though!

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2014, 05:13 PM   #36208
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

So these wheel studs don't want to seat all the way. Need a press

Posted from outer space.
other stuff
Unread 03-22-2014, 05:38 PM   #36209
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJared
So these wheel studs don't want to seat all the way. Need a press Posted from outer space.
Impact and lug nut won't work?
MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2014, 05:41 PM   #36210
Warboar_21
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Anyone know of a shop that has Freon? I am looking at recharging my AC system since it is starting to get warm. It blows out cold air now just not super cold like it should.
Warboar_21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.