Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 240 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 01-18-2012, 05:10 PM   #3586
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Really? I found that they almost always never had something I wanted in stock. With the exception of a few commonly wanted items like grab handles. It's not that big of a store and their catalog is way too huge to carry much inventory.

On a side note, it really annoys me to read how people in the tech forums here blanketly bash 4 Wheel Parts stores. I'm sure if you poll every location of every national chain you'll find a few people working that shouldn't even push a mower. I've been to 4 Wheel Parts stores in 8+ different states and have never had a bad experience.

YouStupidBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2012, 05:12 PM   #3587
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
8. upgrade 7" sealed headlights to H4's
What housings and bulbs did you go with? I "upgraded" to Silverstars a few months ago and they are definitely whiter, but not at all brighter that stock.
Unread 01-18-2012, 06:05 PM   #3588
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny

What housings and bulbs did you go with? I "upgraded" to Silverstars a few months ago and they are definitely whiter, but not at all brighter that stock.
Well the thing is all my wiring is 40 years old and designed by AMC so...my sealed beams were probably alot worse off then yours.

I installed relays to run the lights and keep all the load off of the light switch (it used to get burning hot when driving...I could smell it) and it out the power way closer to the lights. This made a LARGE improvement in both the lighting and safety department.

Had I not done the lighting relay install my system would not be able to handle the h4 bulbs.

I ordered a cheap set on eBay, imported from India rather than Europe. very good reviews. Just a housing that replaces the actual sealed beam bulb! And then an h4 sits inside the housing.

I posted a link in my build thread about a page or two back that you can check out. The total price shipped on eBay was like 40 bucks

Quote:
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now! - Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2012, 07:51 AM   #3589
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
i think thats all i've bitten off?
What ... no flux capacitor?
Unread 01-19-2012, 09:13 AM   #3590
sirhk100

I've got HID's in mine that I'm pulling out to put the regular H4 bulbs back in. I've got the delta 4 bar housings and some blue tinted 55/65 H4 bulbs. They worked great!!! Then I got some free HID hi/low kits from work to test and well I LOVE THEM!!!! Everyone else coming at me at night though HATES THEM!!!! LOL I've got them adjusted as low as I can physically adjust them to the point it looks like they should be lighting up the winch on the bumper and yet I still get high beamed at night. So someday sooner then later the HID's are coming back out regular H4 bulbs are going back in. I'm going to use the HID's on my dirt bike actually instead I think. Also for reference I've tried using the HID's in a DOT hella conversion lamp and also a euro only lamp that's actually not available in the US that a Hella rep gave me. Still blinded the crap out of everyone coming at me. Such a bummer cause they're so darn nice from the driver's seat!!!

Well, one bolt holding the trans in. Friend will be over tonight to help me slide it out. Walked out to a pond of ATF on the floor though this morning as I obviously had a nice drip all night long coming out from where one of the cooler lines was disconnected! Also got the shifter assembly off the floor so now I've currently got a big open hole between the seats. Tonight hoping to get the trans on the ground, pull the shifter cables completely out of the jeep and get the old pedal assembly unbolted and removed.

I'm not looking forward to a wiring issue. There's a plastic plate where the clutch master cylinder should be on the firewall. No biggie right, remove and bolt master up... Well when I bought the jeep the previous owner had drilled a hole in that plate and ran the accessory light wiring thru it. Looked good to me so I continued running all my wires from then on thru that hole. Well now I need to pull that plate and put my clutch master there so that means I get to rewire all my accessories. UGH!!!! If it wasn't for that I'd say I would have the pedal assembly in tonight along with clutch master mounted up too. Might try and get the cooler lines removed tonight too. I think I've got a set of plugs for the trans cooler in the radiator so that'll be nice to keep a slow drip from happening out of that! LOL
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2012, 09:25 AM   #3591
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
I've got HID's in mine that I'm pulling out to put the regular H4 bulbs back in.
If you ever want to sell them at a good price, let me know. I'd buy them. My night vision is getting worse these days.

I've read the E-Code housings are the ones to get. Supposed to cut off light so you won't blind people. Sounds like you might have those already.

Does anyone know where I can get that ring around headlamps that the adjustment screws are in? One of the screws in mine just spins in the plastic and doesn't adjust anymore.

Sorry about the trans. As old as auto technology is now, you'd think they'd have less moving parts by now.
Unread 01-19-2012, 10:55 AM   #3592
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
I've got HID's in mine that I'm pulling out to put the regular H4 bulbs back in. I've got the delta 4 bar housings and some blue tinted 55/65 H4 bulbs. They worked great!!! Then I got some free HID hi/low kits from work to test and well I LOVE THEM!!!! Everyone else coming at me at night though HATES THEM!!!! LOL I've got them adjusted as low as I can physically adjust them to the point it looks like they should be lighting up the winch on the bumper and yet I still get high beamed at night. So someday sooner then later the HID's are coming back out regular H4 bulbs are going back in. I'm going to use the HID's on my dirt bike actually instead I think. Also for reference I've tried using the HID's in a DOT hella conversion lamp and also a euro only lamp that's actually not available in the US that a Hella rep gave me. Still blinded the crap out of everyone coming at me. Such a bummer cause they're so darn nice from the driver's seat!!!

Well, one bolt holding the trans in. Friend will be over tonight to help me slide it out. Walked out to a pond of ATF on the floor though this morning as I obviously had a nice drip all night long coming out from where one of the cooler lines was disconnected! Also got the shifter assembly off the floor so now I've currently got a big open hole between the seats. Tonight hoping to get the trans on the ground, pull the shifter cables completely out of the jeep and get the old pedal assembly unbolted and removed.

I'm not looking forward to a wiring issue. There's a plastic plate where the clutch master cylinder should be on the firewall. No biggie right, remove and bolt master up... Well when I bought the jeep the previous owner had drilled a hole in that plate and ran the accessory light wiring thru it. Looked good to me so I continued running all my wires from then on thru that hole. Well now I need to pull that plate and put my clutch master there so that means I get to rewire all my accessories. UGH!!!! If it wasn't for that I'd say I would have the pedal assembly in tonight along with clutch master mounted up too. Might try and get the cooler lines removed tonight too. I think I've got a set of plugs for the trans cooler in the radiator so that'll be nice to keep a slow drip from happening out of that! LOL
have you tired to angle the headlights slightly to the passenger side. If I remember correctly, headlights should be angled slightly down and to the passenger side. This will help reduce the blinding effect that the oncoming drivers get. Now granted you do not want to be lighting up the shoulder either.

On a second note I used to always get flashed in my CooperS with HID's. I would just flash them back so they would know what brights really looked like!!
gregaf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2012, 12:21 PM   #3593
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Forgot to ask something a couple weeks ago. There's a red TJ driving around with a big Sea Shepherd sticker on the rear window. Is that one of you people?

For those that don't know, the Sea Shepherd is that animal rights ship and crew on the show Whale Wars on Animal Planet.
Unread 01-19-2012, 02:08 PM   #3594
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

So YSB I have a question to ask, sorry if its in bad form to ask. W what illness/aliment do you have?
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2012, 02:20 PM   #3595
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

It's cool. I'm not ashamed of being sick. I have plenty of issues, but here is the short story. I have a brain tumor that causes TIA's (Transient Ischemic Attacks). They are a type of stroke. It affects people in different ways. In my instance, my nerves misfire and it causes tremors, weakness, extreme pain and long and short term memory loss.

A guy goes to his Dr. and his Dr. says, "I have bad news. You have a brain tumor and your memory will fail."

"That's a relief! At least it's not a brain tumor!"
Unread 01-19-2012, 02:22 PM   #3596
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny View Post
Forgot to ask something a couple weeks ago. There's a red TJ driving around with a big Sea Shepherd sticker on the rear window. Is that one of you people?

For those that don't know, the Sea Shepherd is that animal rights ship and crew on the show Whale Wars on Animal Planet.
Reminds me of my favorite scene from armegeddon, where Bruce Willis is hitting golf balls at the green peace boat. Hippy no-good-niks.
Unread 01-19-2012, 02:30 PM   #3597
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

I'd like to see them try to pull that crap off the coast of Somalia.
Unread 01-19-2012, 02:37 PM   #3598
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny View Post
I'd like to see them try to pull that crap off the coast of Somalia.
Just go to Minneapolis there are over 20,000 Somalis living there.
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2012, 02:42 PM   #3599
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

There is rampant piracy off the coast of Solamia and ships are firing on boats that get too close. Polka, I can't always tell with you, but did you seriously miss that?
Unread 01-19-2012, 03:37 PM   #3600
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100

Maybe (depending on the size of the mounting hardware) you could just drill a decent hole ( 1"?) Just to the side top or bottom of the MC hole, cut a small notch to it, and then feed the wired through the notch? Then split the coating off a wire and line the hole with it like a gromet. May be easier than re-wiring if you used anything other than quick disconnect pins

Quote:
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now! - Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.