Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 24 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 03-23-2011, 11:26 PM   #346
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJared View Post
I already know the bug.....lol. Its just hard dropping $1500 into a Jeep I paid $1700 for.....
I just dropped $300something today on stuff for the wagoneer. I think that almost put me past the point where I have put the same amount into it as I originally paid for it.

Sigh. At least it's a classic.....right?

Oh well, its fun!

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2011, 08:09 AM   #347
Tagsrover
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasMatt
If I could start my build over, my priorities would be armor>lockers>gears>tires>lift. Currently I am bogged down repairing stuff that shoulda been armored.
Coming from the mud and clay of Florida and Georgia I've had a similar experience, and have heard many people say the same thing. In terms of pure off-road ability, lockers are probably going to be your best friend. Even after my 4" lift and mud tires, there were times I got showed up by the guy with lockers and all terains.

I'm happy I went lift and tires first but I am def getting lockers next
Tagsrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-24-2011, 10:30 AM   #348
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Lockers schmockers!

Ask McRoberts what my lil bitty 4cyl with a budget boost and 32's running open/open could do!

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 03-27-2011, 07:31 AM   #349
RogerG
2008 JK Wrangler 

Went shooting yesterday at Lovell canyon then tried out my new toy.Man am i spoiled with the auto tranny on my JK

Lots of rubbing on the flares but ill fix that with some flatties..should be here next week..wooot!!The JK in front of me on the second pix ripped off his evap canister..

06 Jeep Rubicon w/5.5" Teraflex long arm + 1" body lift rolling on 35-12.5-17 BFG KM2 on 7031 ProComp Alloys
RogerG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2011, 11:24 AM   #350
LVLF4LO
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Was that u with the other 2 rubis at Lovell around 10am?? We went out there to shoot but it was crowded. So we went somewhere else. Had a blast though.
LVLF4LO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-27-2011, 04:26 PM   #351
RogerG
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVLF4LO View Post
Was that u with the other 2 rubis at Lovell around 10am?? We went out there to shoot but it was crowded. So we went somewhere else. Had a blast though.
Yup that would be us..Floyd my BIL said he thought he saw your XJ but wasnt sure.

06 Jeep Rubicon w/5.5" Teraflex long arm + 1" body lift rolling on 35-12.5-17 BFG KM2 on 7031 ProComp Alloys
Unread 03-27-2011, 10:02 PM   #352
Tagsrover
1999 TJ Wrangler 

That looks awesome. Where is it at?
Tagsrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2011, 12:33 AM   #353
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

whats an evap canister?

Haha, made more progress this weekend!

Out with the old (Thanks for lending a hand, VegasMatt!)

in with the new (er...not so old)

Should be back on the road within a week or two! Just gotta rebuild the tranny and wire up a home made ignition system.

Quote:

Unread 03-28-2011, 12:35 AM   #354
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Lovell ok for stock??

Oh, and I think we're going with a OME 2" medium duty lift....simple yet effective
other stuff
PhotoJared is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2011, 12:37 AM   #355
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Oh, EVAP canister is part of your emissions system. Basically a charcoal canister that absorbs fumes from your gas tank....
other stuff
PhotoJared is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2011, 12:57 AM   #356
LVLF4LO
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Lovell ok for stock??

Oh, and I think we're going with a OME 2" medium duty lift....simple yet effective
Stocker (XJ) wont make it. For an XJ to make it through Potato Ridge, Id say.. 31's with armor and a locker. 32's minimum without a locker/armor. When I got mine lifted, I made it through with only the tires, no locker. Only 1 hard section, maybe 100 yards long. The rest is a nice scenic gravel road, that a stock SUV can make.
Unread 03-28-2011, 01:00 AM   #357
LVLF4LO
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerG View Post
Went shooting yesterday at Lovell canyon then tried out my new toy.Man am i spoiled with the auto tranny on my JK

Lots of rubbing on the flares but ill fix that with some flatties..should be here next week..wooot!!The JK in front of me on the second pix ripped off his evap canister..
How was the snow level up there? Lee's been getting hit with new snow the last 2 weeks or so. I had fam in town and they wanted to go off roading/shooting and since we were at Lovell I wanted to go through Potato Ridge but was worried about the snow levels.
Unread 03-28-2011, 01:03 AM   #358
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVLF4LO View Post
How was the snow level up there? Lee's been getting hit with new snow the last 2 weeks or so. I had fam in town and they wanted to go off roading/shooting and since we were at Lovell I wanted to go through Potato Ridge but was worried about the snow levels.
Snow level is almost nothing. My parents are in town and we did Potato Ridge this morning. Only snow I ran into was coming down the mountain headed back towards the "base" and it was just on the sides.
Garza is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-28-2011, 04:58 AM   #359
RogerG
2008 JK Wrangler 

Yeah not much snow at all maybe on the sides on certain areas is about it.

Unread 03-28-2011, 11:01 AM   #360
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Oh, EVAP canister is part of your emissions system. Basically a charcoal canister that absorbs fumes from your gas tank....
Emissions

I had an evap (charcoal) canister running on the wagoneer...also had an air injection system, and EGR setup....all of which is removed.

My fuel tank system was so butchered and incorrectly vented. I removed the charcoal canister and lines, I may or may not be running a vented gas cap....hmm....good thing every time the smog guy looks at it it's not vented....interesting situation!

Somehow it still smogs?

Quote:

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.