Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 2395 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 03-03-2014, 03:19 PM   #35911
sirhk100

So, on another note... For the last 5 years, once a month I've made a fairly decent deposit in CASH at Chase bank. Today I went to go make my deposit and they will not take my CASH! They'll accept a personal check from me but not my cash. WTF???!!! Find me ANY OTHER place/person/business that will take a personal check yet not accept cash! We're doomed!!! I'm buying guns!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-03-2014, 03:22 PM   #35912
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
So, on another note... For the last 5 years, once a month I've made a fairly decent deposit in CASH at Chase bank. Today I went to go make my deposit and they will not take my CASH! They'll accept a personal check from me but not my cash. WTF???!!! Find me ANY OTHER place/person/business that will take a personal check yet not accept cash! We're doomed!!! I'm buying guns!
Thell the manager that you will be going to a different bank unless they take your cash.
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-03-2014, 03:23 PM   #35913
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Chase is and has been moving to a fully electronic funds system for a while now.
MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-03-2014, 03:32 PM   #35914
sirhk100

I don't bank with chase, I just make a depost there once a month. I quit banking with them when I moved here.

Electronic schmonic... I'll take cash any day anywhere! WTF kind of bank doesn't? What's the point of having a bank if they don't accept cash? Last I saw, our economy is still based on a paper currency right?

Unread 03-03-2014, 03:53 PM   #35915
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
Edit: I guess you could find a new stock cage and bolt that in prior to throwing the Poly cage in. Up to you though.
That's the plan if I go that route. With frame tie ins and better designed add in bars I think it will fair better next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Do you trust you and your families lives to your welds? Just something to consider...
They are ugly but I think they are mechanically sound. Now that I have a good strong welder I feel like I'm getting good penetration. Though I'm sure I'll be asking a pro like you to take gander at them when I'm done to make sure they are safe before I finish and paint it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJared View Post
I'd probably have Larry fab me up a custom cage. After seeing all the work he's done for Chad....thats where I'd be
Once I figure out the true cost of doing it myself including parts and shipping I then plan to compare the cost to having it done locally. I'll probably have Larry and anyone else good I can find local bid it and see if they are close. If it's a couple hundred bucks different it's a no brainer but this is going to be expensive and I can't justify spending $1000 more if it's something I can do myself.
matthew900 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-03-2014, 03:59 PM   #35916
sirhk100

I'm far from a pro!!! I just make sure to burn it hot and I throw extra support tubes in to those things to cover my butt just in case! LOL Have you seen the jungle gyms I've built? Gussets don't hurt, they only help!

Gussets where the cage hit's the frame rails...

gussets on the cage b-pillar above our heads.

gussets where the b-pillar is tied into the cab floor.

all 4 corners of the windshield area...

Gussets are your friend!!!

MCM Fab does some nice work! Example of his craftsmanship can be seen on the front suspension of our race truck or here's a picture from his facebook that he posted earlier today...

Unread 03-03-2014, 08:09 PM   #35917
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJared
I'd probably have Larry fab me up a custom cage. After seeing all the work he's done for Chad....thats where I'd be
. That's an idea, or just buy Khris a semi trailer full of Mtn Dew and have him do it. His cages look SOLID. I would trust my life to them, not that I don't trust Larry 'cause Brett is AMAZING with a welder, but I've seen Khris' cages.. Haven't seen Larry & Brett's
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-03-2014, 08:59 PM   #35918
sirhk100

In all honesty, the ONLY reason I didn't offer it up is cause I'm slammed right now! But depending how soon you're looking to get something going we could knock something out for cheap. AND CRAP!!!! Just remembered I meant to call one more guy to get a price on a 3rd member and then depending what I found out I was going to pull the trigger on one today but totally forgot! Reason being, right now, until I get a 3rd member, my ford is a solid paper weight that can't even be moved out of my garage if I wanted to! LOL After the Mint and depending how good or bad of shape the race truck is in... That'll sorta dictate how busy I am.

My welds are far from "pro" but I believe my designs are solid and what I may lack in the welding area I try to make up with the design and a bit of design redundancy so that even if a weld did fail, hopefully the additional strength else where will cover. I trust my life in my cages obviously or I wouldn't be lining up in the race truck in 2 weekends! Every tube I put in my trucks has a point and they're put in from point a to point b for a reason. Pretty much I look at a cage as just a way to spread out a load of applied forces and that's how I go about doing it. Sometimes you get to make decisions on function over comfort or access and that's where things get a little tricky at times.

Speaking of cages, the race truck is loaded and hitched up to cruise around town with tomorrow! Gotta go drop it off to get some touchup work done and looking 100% sexy again for the mint!

Unread 03-03-2014, 09:09 PM   #35919
sirhk100

LOL, the local shops are gonna hate me if I keep doing fab work here and there for mtn dews and dinners!

Unread 03-03-2014, 11:17 PM   #35920
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Jared before I forget, here is the link to that gps site http://www.gpsfiledepot.com/index.php
Unread 03-04-2014, 07:56 AM   #35921
sirhk100

What's the page do Greg? Give me the "idiots" version...

Unread 03-04-2014, 08:36 AM   #35922
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

It gives whomever access to GPS files.
Unread 03-04-2014, 09:56 AM   #35923
sirhk100

So it's just a gps file sharing type thing? I use gpsvisualizer to create my routes/trails.

Unread 03-04-2014, 06:04 PM   #35924
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

A couple months ago I think someone mentioned that you could get a LS crate motor with a wiring harness for a reasonable price. Anyone know who was talking about them? I want to get some info on where to get those for my buddy who's looking at doing a V8 swap.
matthew900 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-04-2014, 06:22 PM   #35925
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

My guess would be Garza for the LS.
MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.