Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 239 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Steinjager TJ tube doors

Unread 01-18-2012, 02:12 PM   #3571
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

My wife wants me to find scenic routes. I think she's asking for them to keep me away from mines. She's been hinting about me selling all of our climbing gear. I just got it all. Kind of bummed about possibly having to sell it all.

Unread 01-18-2012, 02:16 PM   #3572
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Thanks for the info, Dr. Marn. Sounds like Mormon Well might be too long for a day trip. Sounds great for an overnighter.

Anyone know of any similar scenic trails that would be better for a day trip?
Unread 01-18-2012, 02:18 PM   #3573
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

She's just getting worried about you, I think. Doesn't want to see you fall. Mormon well is a good scenic drive. Wheeler pas is good too. There's lots of stuff by the lake on the Arizona side of the dam. There's a few short trails behind Frenchman mtn. Kodachrome is one of them.
Unread 01-18-2012, 02:19 PM   #3574
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Mormon well is good for a day trip, unless you wanna stop every thirty feet. But then again, you're Mario Andretti off road, so you would make it in like three hours!
Unread 01-18-2012, 03:06 PM   #3575
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

You know, you're the third person to tell me I drive too fast offroad. I just assumed I was leading a bunch of old people, but I figured it out. I find the destination the fun part of offroading. I tend to rush to the destination and not take into consideration people following might want to check out the scenery. Sorry about that.
Unread 01-18-2012, 03:32 PM   #3576
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

It was more of possibly flying off the road part for me lol
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2012, 03:42 PM   #3577
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Or pieces of my jeep flying off the road...
Ysb, you said autozone has sway bar disconnects? Which store had them or did you order online? Im liking the idea more since potato ridge.
Unread 01-18-2012, 03:46 PM   #3578
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

These are top of the line. http://store.jksmfg.com/merchant2/me...ar_Disconnects

These are nice but I don't know if they make them for less than 3.5" http://www.roughcountry.com/jeep_xtras_1146.html

Then there is this idea where you can get the parts from Lowe's.http://www.4x4xplor.com/homediscos.html
PolkaPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2012, 04:12 PM   #3579
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Yeah, mormon well is EASILY doable in a day at even a moderately slow pace.

Just a note, not sure what shocks you have on your rig, or if in your recovering condition it matters, but its a very bumpy road. Just lots of washboardy parts and lots of rocky parts that about rattled my teeth out of my head in the waggy.

On a coil sprung rig with good shocks you'd be fine, but on my ole leaf sprung battle ship it was a bit of a nuisance. Not that it would ever steer me away from doing it again, but still, just something to be aware of.

Oh and, the faster you go the less bumpy it is, so, you should be fine there, Dale Jr. I just cant go fast because if i accidently hit a rut i fly around the cab and hit my head on the roof and end up on the passenger side.

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2012, 04:47 PM   #3580
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Ysb, you said autozone has sway bar disconnects? Which store had them or did you order online?
I don't think anyone had them locally in stock. If anyone does, it would probably be 4 Wheel Parts. Auto Zone and Pep Boys had the OE style in stock.

Before I bought my Zone disconnects, I used the OE style and just went to Home Depot and bought a large clevis and cotter pin to replace the lower bolt. If you want to save money, you can just do that. Pull the pin and stuff the sway link to the top of your coil spring perch. It worked well enough. In fact, that was actually faster than what I have now. Strapping up the links takes the longest.

If you see something you like on the 4 Wheel Parts site, just phone the order in and pick it up at the local store. In all but one instance, my phone orders were picked up the next morning. Assuming I ordered it early enough the previous day. Also, when you pick it up at the store, there are no shipping charges.
YouStupidBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2012, 04:48 PM   #3581
sirhk100

Jeeps are meant to creep! Ugh, speaking of jeeps, I'll be laying under mine most the night if anyone asks... LOL
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2012, 04:52 PM   #3582
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
She's just getting worried about you, I think. Doesn't want to see you fall.
Yeah, I know it's out of concern and I readily admit I take too many chances. Honestly, I just need to feel like I have control over my outcome.

I also just got all this new climbing gear to replace all the stuff I lost. Seems like a waste to get rid of it and I know I wouldn't be able to get anywhere near what I paid for it.
Unread 01-18-2012, 04:57 PM   #3583
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
Just a note, not sure what shocks you have on your rig, or if in your recovering condition it matters, but its a very bumpy road. Just lots of washboardy parts and lots of rocky parts that about rattled my teeth out of my head in the waggy.
I now have Rancho RS 9000XL's. I still haven't dialed them in quite right, but they did very well smoothing out Wheelers Pass yesterday.

The worst washboard road I've come across here was that long approach to the Hidden Forrest cabin off 95, but that was on my 10 year old stock shocks. I'd like to go back just to see how much better it is with my new shocks.
Unread 01-18-2012, 05:05 PM   #3584
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouStupidBunny View Post
If you see something you like on the 4 Wheel Parts site, just phone the order in and pick it up at the local store. In all but one instance, my phone orders were picked up the next morning. Assuming I ordered it early enough the previous day. Also, when you pick it up at the store, there are no shipping charges.
If you see something you like on their site, call the store on Decatur and tell them the part number, they most likely have it in stock and you can pick it up right away, also they are really good about price matching if you find the same part online or anywhere else for less. Just ask them, they have always matched what I've found without a problem.
MMCKEIG is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2012, 05:06 PM   #3585
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Jeeps are meant to creep! Ugh, speaking of jeeps, I'll be laying under mine most the night if anyone asks... LOL
Me too. And tomorrow, and friday, and saturday, and sunday, and monday, and tuesday, until I get all my list of like 50 projects done.

All started off by me being bored and some guy offering to send me a new fuel-filler neck for my gas tank.

I figured, oh what the heck, might as well get the original gas tank back in and lose the old aux tank that came with the truck.

Well, since i have the truck out and the Nova in storage, might as well do a few lil things right? it turned into:

1. Re-install original tank/remove old tank.
2. Install new filler neck, and all new hoses/vent lines for fuel system.
3. replace rear tail light lenses
4. remove rear rubber cargo mat, and rear seat, and bedline the cargo area.
5. make new rear interior panels, and bed line them.
6. Mount/wire 700 watt inverter in cargo area.
7. install rear facing fog lights for camping.
8. upgrade 7" sealed headlights to H4's
9. install 1" body lift
10. find a 33" spare tire.
11. build a rear "cargo deck" to go on top of the tire and my tool box.

i think thats all i've bitten off?

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.