Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 2386 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?

Unread 02-23-2014, 07:39 PM   #35776
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Anytime I've ever heard of someone having a leak fixed at a shop it still leaked after the repair. With most seals I would get a seal from the dealer as opposed to a parts store. They always fit better. I just ordered cv shaft seals from toyota because I tried low and high quality replacements and both still leaked. If I would have just gotten them from toyota I would have same time and money.

ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2014, 09:19 PM   #35777
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJared View Post
Post some pics.

Posted from outer space.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/1...tomod-2033401/
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2014, 10:35 PM   #35778
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
Does it just use a two piece seal that can changed by just dropping the oil pan? If so, make sure that the crank is clean and just put a small dab of silicon where the seal meets up. Also check the rear of the valve cover gasket to make sure that it is not leaking and giving the appearance that our is the rear main.
I really gotta do that one of these days. HOA is *****ing at me about oil stains in the driveway, and the drip pan I keep under the jeep.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2014, 10:52 PM   #35779
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

In less than 30 days I will no longer have an HOA... Not like mine was picky anyways.
Unread 02-23-2014, 11:02 PM   #35780
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
In less than 30 days I will no longer have an HOA... Not like mine was picky anyways.
I despise ours.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2014, 11:05 PM   #35781
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus
I despise ours.
They likely despise you as well! Haha
MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2014, 12:21 AM   #35782
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMCKEIG View Post

They likely despise you as well! Haha
I thought that was a given thing.
Unread 02-24-2014, 07:56 AM   #35783
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor0206
Looking great! Nice to see the old girl getting some new life in her
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2014, 12:58 PM   #35784
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3
I thought that was a given thing.
Since you're moving, save up the cat box goodies and dog ish and pile it all on the HOA chair's front lawn and driveway right before you leave. Rofl
Unread 02-24-2014, 02:01 PM   #35785
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
Anytime I've ever heard of someone having a leak fixed at a shop it still leaked after the repair. With most seals I would get a seal from the dealer as opposed to a parts store. They always fit better. I just ordered cv shaft seals from toyota because I tried low and high quality replacements and both still leaked. If I would have just gotten them from toyota I would have same time and money.
I'm going to the dealer for my next one. The discount part store one I used is still leaking though some of that may be my poor skills in doing the repair
matthew900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2014, 02:12 PM   #35786
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew900 View Post
I'm going to the dealer for my next one. The discount part store one I used is still leaking though some of that may be my poor skills in doing the repair
Don't be surprised if they won't warranty it for you even after they fix it. Jeep 2.5 and 4.0 rear main seals are crap. I have several buddies who are actual competent Jeep dealer mechanics and see 2-3 of these jobs a week. They will always leak again! The 4.0 I took out of my Jeep has 42K on it and has had 2 main seals done by dealerships and it was nice and moist in that area when I removed it last month. Most people unknowingly tear or damage the top seal when installing it. There is a special lube they use that helps this, but you don't really know until you have it all back together. Mine never actually leaked, just let enough by to leave residue on the back of the oil pan which would get nasty after one trip in the dirt. I had one replaced when my engine got a new cam/lifters/OP/OPDA at 15k, and the other because I just wanted something to do when it was still under warranty. Then I just rinsed and repeated.
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2014, 02:26 PM   #35787
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez View Post

Looking great! Nice to see the old girl getting some new life in her
Thanks, I am getting some rear tube fenders and a rear stinger tire carrier built this week
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2014, 04:08 PM   #35788
1988jeepyj
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garza
Don't be surprised if they won't warranty it for you even after they fix it. Jeep 2.5 and 4.0 rear main seals are crap. I have several buddies who are actual competent Jeep dealer mechanics and see 2-3 of these jobs a week. They will always leak again! The 4.0 I took out of my Jeep has 42K on it and has had 2 main seals done by dealerships and it was nice and moist in that area when I removed it last month. Most people unknowingly tear or damage the top seal when installing it. There is a special lube they use that helps this, but you don't really know until you have it all back together. Mine never actually leaked, just let enough by to leave residue on the back of the oil pan which would get nasty after one trip in the dirt. I had one replaced when my engine got a new cam/lifters/OP/OPDA at 15k, and the other because I just wanted something to do when it was still under warranty. Then I just rinsed and repeated.
Man, drove it a bit and leak got a little worse. Ah well, after 26 years I'm used to constant leaks
Unread 02-25-2014, 09:20 AM   #35789
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Who was looking for a set of BFG A/Ts, here is a set of 35x12.50R15s with lots of tread for $400

http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/pts/4348978999.html
MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2014, 01:16 PM   #35790
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

This is so cool....
http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/cto/4342220463.html
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.