Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 2381 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 02-18-2014, 04:22 PM   #35701
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

When I was renting in Florida the HOA was a nightmare. When I moved in I told the land lord my parents would be living with us but she forgot to mention the neighborhood had an HOA run by the third reich. At the time we had 6 cars, 2 motorcycles, and 2 trailers. Plus the garage was packed with everything my parents owned. If we parked in an empty lot or on the road they threw a fit. I ended up having to squeeze the bikes in the garage, sell two cars, and we manhandled the small trailer into the back yard. I still couldn't placate them and they would complain if I had the garage door open when I was working on the car. There was literally something in the bylaws saying the garage could only be open when you were entering and exiting it.

The only plus was since I didn't own the house they couldn't sue me about it. I'll admit I was a nightmare tenant. We had 4 adults, 2 children, 4 dogs, 2 cats, and a parrot in a 1600 square foot home.

matthew900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2014, 05:29 PM   #35702
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew900
When I was renting in Florida the HOA was a nightmare. When I moved in I told the land lord my parents would be living with us but she forgot to mention the neighborhood had an HOA run by the third reich. At the time we had 6 cars, 2 motorcycles, and 2 trailers. Plus the garage was packed with everything my parents owned. If we parked in an empty lot or on the road they threw a fit. I ended up having to squeeze the bikes in the garage, sell two cars, and we manhandled the small trailer into the back yard. I still couldn't placate them and they would complain if I had the garage door open when I was working on the car. There was literally something in the bylaws saying the garage could only be open when you were entering and exiting it. The only plus was since I didn't own the house they couldn't sue me about it. I'll admit I was a nightmare tenant. We had 4 adults, 2 children, 4 dogs, 2 cats, and a parrot in a 1600 square foot home.
The HOA here must be run by the same people! I have gotten notices for my garage being open, the Jeep being immobile (while parked in the garage) weeds, a BBQ pit being too close to the house, noise after 10 P.M. and performing vehicle maintenance both in my garage and in my driveway. The absolute best one yet was the weeds and the picture they sent showed me in the yard pulling weeds. First time I ever went to an HOA meeting was after getting that notice just so that I could show the picture to other pissed off people. LOL.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2014, 06:03 PM   #35703
Warboar_21
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Yes it sounds like all the crap I have to go through. My rules say my garage has to be closed unless working on something for a reasonable time. That one isn't strictly enforced thank god.
Warboar_21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2014, 06:11 PM   #35704
Puck81
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Fu*k that *****. I live in a non HOA neighborhood. I had to look around to find one nit in the ghetto, or run the fu*k down by a$$holes and lowlifes. I got lucky I guess.
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2014, 06:39 PM   #35705
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

I got lucky in my neighborhood here because what ever HOA there was went defunct and was dissolved when most of the houses got bought as investments to be rented out. I'm really happy with my neighborhood here in Vegas.
matthew900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2014, 07:02 PM   #35706
Grand_ZJ
1998 ZJ 

Where do you guys live that you have these crappy HOAs? Any of these stories happen in the southwest?
Unread 02-18-2014, 07:38 PM   #35707
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Chalk me in for another crappy HOA resident, (FYI for Grand ZJ, I am in the northwest near Andy & Greg). I've had the wheels hanging off of the driveway into the ROCKS warning, weeds warning, dead spots in the grass warning, etc. I told them if they wanted the dead spots in the grass to be fixed, they would be responsible for paying the fines from the water district for watering more frequently than allowed (1 day a week), they laid off of the lawn after that. I would LOVE to live in a HOA free neighborhood, but we can't afford to move right now and honestly don't have it anywhere near as bad as we complain it to be.
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2014, 08:15 PM   #35708
Warboar_21
1992 XJ Cherokee 

I live in the south west part of town. Southern Highlands.
Warboar_21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2014, 08:42 PM   #35709
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

My neighborhood is a landscape only HOA... zero enforcement on anything else. I have not had a single complaint in well over 3 years.
Unread 02-18-2014, 08:50 PM   #35710
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

We I've in the SW. I picked the house we are in by driving around and looking at the other houses/yards. Cars parked in the driveway that had flat tires, non running ect. Street parking (my last house had no driveway parking or street parking even for visitors) o and yards that weren't perfect. Thinking hey no HOA or a lacking HOA. Well we have been here for almost 2 years now and just last month we got a letter to stake a tree/bush on the side yard. We told them to get lost and they said we had to replace the tree with a new one the same type. So our landlord did. Then right before we went out of town we got another letter about our xmas lights being up. In the picture we were taking them down. I don't know where this HOA company came from but it looks like we will be moving soon.
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2014, 10:10 PM   #35711
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

When I lived in providence near Greg we would get hassled constantly. The neighbors would call the police on is for street racing on our motorcycles we didn't own. The best part is the cops would come and knock on the door and both of my roommates were cops and we would shoot the **** with them and they would leave. We even got a citation for not supplying the HOA with a submitted plan for landscaping the backyard before we put in grass. So we sent them a drawing in crayon of stick figures on a swing set. My wife and I currently live on cliff shadows and Alexander in a very lax HOA. It is a small gated community and our neighbors are super cool.
In other news called on this today. If he still has it this weekend I'll go check it out and maybe buy it.
http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/4339351149.html
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2014, 11:32 PM   #35712
Grand_ZJ
1998 ZJ 

You like the renix 4.0's? The jeep looks nice though for sure.
Unread 02-18-2014, 11:34 PM   #35713
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Love the 2 doors.
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2014, 08:14 AM   #35714
Puck81
2000 XJ Cherokee 

The pink is cute, I can totally see you rocking that. And Renex motors are only a problem if you dont keep up the maintenance on it. Some performance parts from the H.O. motor will bolt up, and make decent hp gains.
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2014, 08:28 AM   #35715
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grand_ZJ
You like the renix 4.0's? The jeep looks nice though for sure.
honestly not too worried about it. I love the 2 doors and the 5 speed.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.