Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 2376 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 02-15-2014, 05:54 PM   #35626
Spaceball

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez View Post
That looks awesome! My girl and I went to Sonic - she had a corn dog and I had spicy popcorn chicken. Best of all, it was her suggestion, I was planning on doing something nice for her! See Khris - my girl is AWESOME!
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew900 View Post
I'm with Bonez on this. Not every wife try's to snuff out your soul. Yesterday was not only Valentines day but also our 10 year anniversary. I brought her flowers and bought papa johns and she was happy. When I go do jeep stuff she's like "please go and get out of my hair." If I take the boys I get bonus points. She only gets annoyed if repair costs exceed my normal spending money and then she's only mildly annoyed.
Kinda the same for us, I came home from work and there was a card on the counter, opened it, and it said "red rock pizza.... yummm!" and a $10 bill in there too to pitch in! Had flowers delivered earlier (daisies, she hates roses ) my gal is cool

Spaceball is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-15-2014, 07:11 PM   #35627
Warboar_21
1992 XJ Cherokee 

I ordered flowers the first week of January and forgot. So last week while working in CA I thought I had better order some. Well I received an email notice from both places that they wee out for delivery. The wife was happy but asked why two different deliveries. I played it off and told her that I just really loved her. She doesn't need to know I was trying to save a buck and order early only to pay full price and then some.
Warboar_21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-15-2014, 09:42 PM   #35628
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3
Looks like you need some "American" sized plates!! Good on you. I think I had some popcorn for dinner... The kids get McDonalds on Fridays and I refuse to eat that stuff unless I have to.,
Its funny, somebody on Facebook said the same thing. I thought for a moment 'or smaller steaks....' And then immediately realized yeah, I need bigger plates.

She said not to do anything this year, but I just did the same as always. Got her a few flowers and made her a tasty dinner.

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-15-2014, 10:22 PM   #35629
sirhk100

Familiar truck spotting... Funny how many random texts I get from people that spot this thing out and about since I sold it. At least now it's getting used!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-15-2014, 10:23 PM   #35630
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Don't feel bad Andy, I spent my Valentines day by myself with two kids... then today I spent my birthday by myself with 2 kids. Actually today I went to Wing stop for lunch with the kids, then watched The Lego Movie and went over to my friends house... funny enough, today was his birthday too and he was stuck with his two kids while his wife was at work. Pizza, beer, and nascar for dinner. I could not have asked for more.
Unread 02-15-2014, 10:27 PM   #35631
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Hey Khris... you probably have some good insight on floor jacks. So I have has the aluminum floor jack for almost 10 years. I bought it as Sam's Club and it has never failed until one of the back casters came apart a few weeks back. So me thinking... I have a little bit more cash now I will get a nice one from Sears... then I read the reviews on them. They switched to some manufacture in China and they have had nothing but problems lately. All of their floor jacks are rated at 2 stars for their reviews.

Any input on a floor jack that will not break the bank, but will last for several years?
Unread 02-15-2014, 10:35 PM   #35632
sirhk100

You know, I've been having bad luck with jacks lately! I'm not that impressed with any I've tried. I had one from harbor freight that I bought back in H/s that crapped out on me about 2 years ago. Since then, I'm on my 3rd floor jack in the past 2 years. Harbor freight, then a lowes jack and now another harbor freight but I bought a higher up one and it's leaking a bit and the frame of it likes to twist. I've also got one of the small alum harbor freight one and it's a leaker also. In the race truck we're running a big sears brand alum floor jack and it seems to be holding up pretty good but it's also probably 3 years old. I'm sure it's a china one too but not sure if it's the current supplier that's getting the bad reviews or something older and from a different supplier. Basically, I can tell you which ones I haven't really had much luck with lately but I haven't found a good one I'm truly happy with so I'm suffering with what I currently have.

I'd really like to pickup a quality floor jack AND a quality vice!!! Seems like those are two things that have gone to crap in the past years! I'm on my 3rd vice in the past couple years too after having a small one that I got from my pops and don't remember a time without it growing up that I finally broke a few years back. I've been breaking those way too easy too. My current broken one is a lowes piece! I may try and have a new base piece cut for it though and then I think it'll hold up...

Unread 02-15-2014, 10:41 PM   #35633
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

I've been on the hunt for an old school vice but people want TONS of money for them. As far as jacks I've got a sears 3 ton I've had for 5 years that seems to be holding up. I would like to find an old 5 ton jack that lifts way high and I occasionally find them on CL. It might be worth buying an old floor jack and just having the hydraulic rebuilt. They wear out but from what I understand pretty easy to fix.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-15-2014, 10:46 PM   #35634
sirhk100

Yeah, people have figured out the new vices are mostly junk and they ask a lot for older ones now it seems like. I actually think my current vice is a good unit, it's just the base that bolts it down is crap! I need to find a chunk of 1/2" plate and have my friend plasma a new one out and I'll drill and tap it and then I think this vice would be pretty stout!

Oh, and I'm seriously not looking forward to the next change on the race truck I'm probably diving into tomorrow. I thought the worst was behind me but tomorrow's project is going to quite possibly suck! Worst of all, I may do it, and then it might actually not work and then I get to figure out how to repair and replace what I'm changing up. Adding some pieces to the truck that I designed to never go back in place is going to be a challenge! The reason being though, if we do good in this next race there's a really good chance we'll get protested and DQ'd cause the truck is technically illegal for the class we're entering it in. But if I can get these pieces in we'll be legal... They're seriously cosmetic and add no performance or advantage, they simply make the truck legal to the way the rules are written.

Unread 02-15-2014, 10:53 PM   #35635
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
Yeah, people have figured out the new vices are mostly junk and they ask a lot for older ones now it seems like. I actually think my current vice is a good unit, it's just the base that bolts it down is crap! I need to find a chunk of 1/2" plate and have my friend plasma a new one out and I'll drill and tap it and then I think this vice would be pretty stout! Oh, and I'm seriously not looking forward to the next change on the race truck I'm probably diving into tomorrow. I thought the worst was behind me but tomorrow's project is going to quite possibly suck! Worst of all, I may do it, and then it might actually not work and then I get to figure out how to repair and replace what I'm changing up. Adding some pieces to the truck that I designed to never go back in place is going to be a challenge! The reason being though, if we do good in this next race there's a really good chance we'll get protested and DQ'd cause the truck is technically illegal for the class we're entering it in. But if I can get these pieces in we'll be legal... They're seriously cosmetic and add no performance or advantage, they simply make the truck legal to the way the rules are written.
What has to change?

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-15-2014, 11:03 PM   #35636
sirhk100

Upper control arms need to pivot on stock pivot points so I'm trying to put the coil buckets back in literally for cosmetic reasons to show the pivot points are still there eventhough I really won't be using them. I had the tech guy over today looking it over. If I'd known this when I built it, I'd have done it differently but now after the fact it's a major PITA! They changed the rules after I finished the truck that open up one of the entry level pro classes to the point that our truck is legal with this one exception so that's why I'm trying to get that piece back in place. Jason found a dude in COlorado that was doing a solid axle swap so we got him to cut his coil buckets off and ship them to me to use since I tossed the ones off his truck in the trash a few months back finally.

Unread 02-15-2014, 11:50 PM   #35637
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
Hey Khris... you probably have some good insight on floor jacks. So I have has the aluminum floor jack for almost 10 years. I bought it as Sam's Club and it has never failed until one of the back casters came apart a few weeks back. So me thinking... I have a little bit more cash now I will get a nice one from Sears... then I read the reviews on them. They switched to some manufacture in China and they have had nothing but problems lately. All of their floor jacks are rated at 2 stars for their reviews.

Any input on a floor jack that will not break the bank, but will last for several years?
I had/have a old 4 ton jack from Northern tool for about 15 years and it just stopped lifting one day, has fluid, never leaked just must of blew a seal. I bought a HF jack about a year ago and its good, I even went and bought another one the other day for 80 bucks its a 3 ton but is a low pro and lifts higher than the 4 ton. Both are cheap and work very well.
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-16-2014, 11:27 AM   #35638
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Happy Sunday fellas.

Gotta take the dog for a walk or to the park then finish up the home improvement projects (new planter box, finish cleaning the yard, new plants, plant all the veggies, change air filters, clean shower drain...)

Whatever happened to relaxing in weekends? Being a grown up is a pain!

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-16-2014, 12:54 PM   #35639
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
Happy Sunday fellas.

Gotta take the dog for a walk or to the park then finish up the home improvement projects (new planter box, finish cleaning the yard, new plants, plant all the veggies, change air filters, clean shower drain...)

That is why you have kids. Sure they are a bunch of work up front... But after that comes chores!!
Unread 02-16-2014, 02:01 PM   #35640
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
Happy Sunday fellas.

I found that all of my relaxing time flew out the window when I moved out of apartments/condo's and into a home. Now I gotta keep up the outside and the inside, plus having a garage gives me more time to wrench on my vehicles and poke around with different projects. Growing up IS a pain, but growing out is even worse.. dang gut. I look like Dale Gribble
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.