Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 2373 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 02-13-2014, 04:06 PM   #35581
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
1000hp twin turbo offroad... No problem... 2nd half of the video shows them running it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPOz8lnLkpM
I like that. Style AND performance.

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2014, 04:19 PM   #35582
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Back Country has JKS for $75 lol. That's a joke. I can get them from Amazon for $55, but I have to wait until Wednesday. Or 4wp has warrior products rears for $35. Adams is sold out...
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2014, 04:37 PM   #35583
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
1000hp twin turbo offroad... No problem... 2nd half of the video shows them running it. Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPOz8lnLkpM
That's the nicest looking truck you've posted yet! It was interesting to see how the photography is done too
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2014, 04:45 PM   #35584
sirhk100

LOL, not all of them look like hoopties! There's quite a few amazing old school trucks with modern performance!

Here's like the rat rod of the go fast world... LOL

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2014, 05:04 PM   #35585
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Don't get me wrong, every one that you have posted I like for different reasons.. that silver one really stood out though
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2014, 05:05 PM   #35586
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
LOL, not all of them look like hoopties! There's quite a few amazing old school trucks with modern performance!

Here's like the rat rod of the go fast world... LOL

I like the patina with the rust and whatnot.

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 02-13-2014, 05:36 PM   #35587
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez View Post
Don't get me wrong, every one that you have posted I like for different reasons.. that silver one really stood out though
Figures cause chances are that's probably one of the top 5 if not the most expensive one I've ever posted! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
I like the patina with the rust and whatnot.
When/if I ever yardsale the F150 that I someday will finish... My game plan would be to pick up an older like 60s-70s ford and start transplanting what's left usable on the F150 over and build one. Pikup a frame/cab for like $500 and toss whatever's left of it in the trash and start putting parts on it. Wouldn't paint it or anything for sure!

I'm already joking but with a little seriousness about going for the ranch truck look with my current F150. Keep the 80's tan/brown two tone, bull horns on the front, gun rack in the window, marker lights across the top of the cab above the windshield with a suspension and driveline that would retail in the $20-25K range underneath it! LOL

Unread 02-13-2014, 05:48 PM   #35588
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

So the term "Yardsale" means when a truck is destroyed by a wreck to the point where it cannot be repaired? Sorry, I've seen the term a couple times now in reference to the racing trucks and I want to make sure I understand it.
matthew900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-13-2014, 06:02 PM   #35589
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Figures cause chances are that's probably one of the top 5 if not the most expensive one I've ever posted! LOL

When/if I ever yardsale the F150 that I someday will finish... My game plan would be to pick up an older like 60s-70s ford and start transplanting what's left usable on the F150 over and build one. Pikup a frame/cab for like $500 and toss whatever's left of it in the trash and start putting parts on it. Wouldn't paint it or anything for sure!

I'm already joking but with a little seriousness about going for the ranch truck look with my current F150. Keep the 80's tan/brown two tone, bull horns on the front, gun rack in the window, marker lights across the top of the cab above the windshield with a suspension and driveline that would retail in the $20-25K range underneath it! LOL

Sweet it'll be like the off road version of "The Farm Truck"

like his dog?

Quote:
- Jerry Reed

Unread 02-13-2014, 06:04 PM   #35590
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

like the rag in the gas cap, dog in the truck, and motorcycle in the bed?

that **** runs 11's lol

Quote:
- Jerry Reed

Unread 02-13-2014, 07:01 PM   #35591
sirhk100

The farm truck was on display at sema this year too actually in the main hall. LOL But yeah, similar... Just your average run of the mill beater is something I'm considering doing once it comes around to cosmetics on it. Who knows though when the time actually comes what I'll do. that's a long ways away still.

And Matthew, that's how I use it, not sure how everyone else uses it. Basically I know in skiing it's when you basically blast all your gear across the hill. And well, if i scatter my truck across the desert, I'm just gonna assume it's mostly going in the trash and I'm starting over again salvaging what I can but probably building a new chassis at the very least. It's kinda the one bad side affect from going fast in the desert besides the cost... Split second mistake and you may end up throwing your whole truck in the trash. It's a conversation I had with Jason years ago when we first agreed to the partnership. Wanted to make sure that while it's probably not going to happen, it still could... If you can't accept that, you shouldn't be doing it in the first place.

Unread 02-14-2014, 01:11 AM   #35592
4x4Brit
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3
Do they prefer "you're a peeing"
No.
4x4Brit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2014, 09:20 AM   #35593
sirhk100

Have some 33x12.5x15 BFG A/T's coming off a friends jeep that can be had for $20 a pop. They're not the greatest, probably 25% tread or so. Would make okay spares or get you by in a pinch. She's gonna shoot me some pictures of them but if anyone thinks they're interested shoot me a PM. I could get them as soon as tomorrow probably if someone wanted. I asked her to shoot me a coin in the tread picture and an overall picture.

Unread 02-14-2014, 09:43 AM   #35594
sirhk100

Darn, a year from now... I'd actually consider polishing up my resume and giving this a shot

Quote:
Want to work for one of the best Off-Road Racing shops? Collins Motorsports is looking to fill the following positions for a full and part time work, Parts Runner, Warehouse laborer, Prep Technician, & Fabricator. Must also be a team player and willing to be a part of the Collins Motorsports support crew. Collins Motorsports attends SCORE, BITD, S.N.O.R.E. and Lucas Oil Races. Pay will depend on your experience. Our 25,000 square foot facility is looking for someone who is motivated, capable, organized, and is eager to learn. We have immediate openings.

Unread 02-14-2014, 12:29 PM   #35595
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Danger ranger was running like poo and the check engine light was flashing not just on. Had to drop it off. At least I get to drive a real truck for the weekend.

Last time I had this one while the ranger was in the shop I blew a leak in the intake gasket and we had to replace the intake (heavily pitted) and the spider injectors. Freakin $1600 worth of work on a 'spare' 98 Chevy lol.

image-2430085866.jpg

Quote:
- Jerry Reed

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.