Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 2370 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 02-12-2014, 10:06 PM   #35536
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3
They must be way the f out there. I do not know anybody that carries 4 snatch straps with them. And because I am so cool, I just put on interior LED lights in. And before someone goes off about trivial upgrades... I mostly got these for camping. With the fridge running I want to save as much battery power as possible.
Hey interior LEDs rock, they make the cab way brighter at night time. Good move.

MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-12-2014, 10:56 PM   #35537
sirhk100

Finally got around to setting up the newest garage toy. I'm pretty picky with what I will and won't buy at harbor freight. For instance, I won't waste my money on air tools there. Electrical stuff I'll buy as a back up tool like my hand grinder cause I use them enough that I want to always have one in house working. If my dewalt dies, I can yank out the POS HF back up and at least keep working with it till I get a replacement. I'll also buy electrical from HF if it's something that I RARELY use like my 1/2" big bertha drill... But... I'd read absolutely nothing but good about their horizontal/vert bandsaw with a minor mod to it along with buying a quality blade so I picked one up a while ago and it's been sitting in a box in the corner of my garage. Only other issue I'd read about them is the initial setup is a pain and I will 100% vouch for that!!! LOL Probably took me 3-4hours from opening the box to cutting my first piece. But... So far, I'm impressed, even with the crappy blade that's included! Has enough power, doesn't stall out, works pretty good as long as you have realistic expectations and know it's not a big 220V industrial saw.

And with it... This was tonight's project. Yeah, cheese video, I know but when you're showing the dude in Europe what you did to his truck, sometimes cheesy video is easier then a picture and words.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TadLZ...ature=youtu.be

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-12-2014, 11:07 PM   #35538
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3
They must be way the f out there. I do not know anybody that carries 4 snatch straps with them. And because I am so cool, I just put on interior LED lights in. And before someone goes off about trivial upgrades... I mostly got these for camping. With the fridge running I want to save as much battery power as possible.
I totally support and approve of your LED interior lights, I love mine!
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-12-2014, 11:14 PM   #35539
sirhk100

Oh, and off topic but it's a good read. Mike Rowe posted this on his facebook a few hours ago.

Quote:
Clean-up In Aisle Four!

This whole Walmart thing. Wow. Just...wow.
If you’re just tuning in, here’s a brief timeline.

- Last week, I did the voiceover for a commercial that announced Walmart’s commitment to purchase 250 billion dollars of American made goods and put them onto their shelves.

- This Saturday, the commercial ran during The Olympics, and people started talking. Some of the talk wasn’t very pretty.

- Sunday evening, I opened a bottle of Whistle Pig, and responded to a few of my detractors. I attempted to clarify a few things. By midnight, the Whistle Pig was badly depleted and I was very sleepy. So I hit “post,” and went to bed.

- Several hours later, I woke up to use the bathroom. (Sad, that I had to. Glad, that I woke up first.) On the way back to bed, I saw that my laptop was still open. I glanced at this page, and saw that over a million people had read your questions and my answers. Holy Crap.

The next morning, I awakened to the kind of chaos that simply wasn’t possible before social media. No less than a dozen requests from various news outlets asking me to appear as soon as possible. Urgent messages to return calls from people I didn’t know. Angry messages from certain acquaintances. Lots of encouragement from unexpected sources.

I was tied up all day, and unable to respond to the media requests. But the press waits for no one. Articles about our little Q&A began to pop up everywhere. There was this.
http://www.thenewamerican.com/economy/commentary/item/17606-mike-rowe-touches-the-third-rail-of-retailing-walmart

And this. http://www.babble.com/entertainment/mike-rowe-and-walmart/

And this. http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/02/10/who-gives-a-crap-about-your-feelings-towards-walmart-mike-rowes-fiery-2648-word-response-to-his-recent-haters/#

CNN even did a story about me...without me. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acuZQuVM7Z0

That brings us to the present. 4,000 comments and counting. I’ve read them all. Thanks. And since you’re still reading, allow me to free-associate a bit further. Because if the press is still interested in this topic next week, I’ll fly to NY and make the rounds. Consider this a rehearsal of my talking points. As always, your suggestions are welcomed.

- I’m not a spokesman for Walmart. I narrated a very specific commercial because I’m a fan of what Walmart is trying to accomplish with this particular initiative. In the interest of full disclosure though, I really do shop there. In fact, for nearly ten years, Walmart was my first stop whenever Dirty Jobs came to town. (I typically don’t pack a bag, so Walmart was the best place for affordable clothing that would most likely be badly abused and left in behind in a smelly bathtub with a note of apology and $20 for the maid.)

- The mikeroweWORKS Foundation is in the business of partnering with any company that want’s to see American manufacturing revitalized. If Walmart asks me to do more commercials like this, I will. Likewise Ford. Or Chevy. Or Lowe’s. Or Home Depot. Or George Soros. Or The Koch Brothers. Or The Sultan of Brunei. I really don’t really about where the investment is coming from, as long as it’s getting the US back to the business of making things. Because there is simply nothing more important to the future of the country.

- It’s a hell of a thing when someone you really don’t like suddenly does something that you actually agree with. At base, I think that’s what’s happening here. A lot of people who have fallen in love with hating Walmart are now wrestling with what the shrinks call “cognitive dissonance.” Regarding a 250 billion dollar investment in American manufacturing, the choices are simple - a) continue to condemn them for whatever you like to condemn them for, b) offer support and encouragement, or, c) shoot the messenger.

- This whole dust-up is a small but instructive example of what’s happening in our country today. Those who dislike the President struggle to give him credit when he does something they personally agree with. And those who support him, hesitate to oppose him when they personally disagree. So it goes with Walmart. Watch the guy on CNN (Marc Lamont) in the above link. He simply can’t address the importance of revitalizing our manufacturing base without reframing the whole conversation into a polemic against the thing he's been trained to despise. It’s simply too hard for him to say, “Good for Walmart. I hope they succeed in this endeavor. Period.” While he gives me “the benefit of the doubt,” he still believes I’m fundamentally “wrong” for supporting their initiative. Why? Because Marc doesn’t see workers and employers as two sides of the same coin. He sees sees them as enemies.

- People are asking how the “champion of the working man,” (their words, not mine,) can support a big company like Walmart? This goes straight to the heart of the problem. Because it’s a question designed to insight a fight. We’ve become adept at putting people into boxes and assigning labels that reduce individuals to a single dimension. Thus, Democrats must behave like Democrats. Republicans like Republicans. It's expected. If you wander too far afield, you’re labelled a “sell-out.” A “Rino." A “Scab.” And so forth. Consequently, if the “champion of the working man” fails to burst into a chorus of “Look For the Union Label,” the country is suddenly confused. They shouldn’t be. Because the truth is, I’m a big fan of the American Worker. I’m just a bigger fan of America.

- Today, our expectations inform the narrative, and the narrative confirms the stereotype. That’s gotta stop, because the world’s a hell of a lot more complicated than a sound bite from a sycophant with an axe to grind, or a question from a host who’s looking for a fight. Remember, people will usually find what they look for. On Dirty Jobs, it’s easy for a union member to see a program that celebrates skilled labor and hard work. But it was just as easy for a business owner to see a tribute to risk and entrepreneurship. In truth, Dirty Jobs was an equal measure of both. Unfortunately, such complexity is far too nuanced for the debate we’ve been trained to expect.

- Am I a “sell-out?” You’d better believe it. That’s the whole point. Every time I buy something or eat something that's made or grown elsewhere, I’m rewarding behavior I’d prefer to discourage. But - like millions of other Americans - what can I do? This is the cost of the global economy. We brought it on ourselves by voting with our dollars. We narrowed our options, and now the choices are very, very skinny. But again, when big companies start reversing the trend by investing in American suppliers, we have a choice. We can congratulate them. Or we can crucify them. Personally, I'm going to support the behavior I want to encourage.

etc, etc.
More later -
Mike

Unread 02-12-2014, 11:24 PM   #35540
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

VERY well said. He's right.
Unread 02-13-2014, 05:08 AM   #35541
JPrich

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
And with it... This was tonight's project. Yeah, cheese video, I know but when you're showing the dude in Europe what you did to his truck, sometimes cheesy video is easier then a picture and words.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TadLZ...ature=youtu.be
Fun fact, the UK is not actually considered part of Europe. Some Brits actually get a bit butthurt when you call them "european".

Dig the impact mount, I think thats pretty awesome.
JPrich is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2014, 08:50 AM   #35542
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPrich View Post

Fun fact, the UK is not actually considered part of Europe. Some Brits actually get a bit butthurt when you call them "european".

Dig the impact mount, I think thats pretty awesome.
Do they prefer "you're a peeing"
Unread 02-13-2014, 08:54 AM   #35543
lockedwheels
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I had a dream last night that I bought BFG A/T's for the JK. Should I take that as a sign ???
lockedwheels is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2014, 09:01 AM   #35544
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockedwheels View Post
I had a dream last night that I bought BFG A/T's for the JK. Should I take that as a sign ???
Noooooooo!!!!! Don't do it, get MTRs... aaaahhhhh, no BFGs...
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2014, 09:24 AM   #35545
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockedwheels
Yesssss

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2014, 09:24 AM   #35546
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Good morning my friends.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 02-13-2014, 09:33 AM   #35547
sirhk100

If I'm not getting any "deals" on tires, BFG A/T's are my go to tire.

Unread 02-13-2014, 10:33 AM   #35548
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

I have to say I loved my old BFG A/T's. I'm still not entirely convinced I made the right call going with the KM2's instead.

In fact I just put a set of the A/T's on my dad's liberty
matthew900 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2014, 10:33 AM   #35549
JPrich

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
Do they prefer "you're a peeing"
Probably. Even though we speak the same language I can't understand half the things they say.
JPrich is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2014, 10:36 AM   #35550
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Now I want new tires even more with all this tire talk!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.