Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 237 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 01-17-2012, 06:34 PM   #3541
Spaceball

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post

That's a neat arch WAY up there!

Spaceball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2012, 06:51 PM   #3542
adams1985cj
1985 CJ7 

Anyone want to do wheelers pass on Saturday???
Unread 01-17-2012, 07:08 PM   #3543
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Maaayyybe! I gotta check with the boss, and may be starting to move. :fingers crossed:
Unread 01-17-2012, 07:27 PM   #3544
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by adams1985cj View Post

I will check with the boss lady. I am pretty sure the Pats game is on Sunday, so Saturday would rock.
gregaf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2012, 09:00 PM   #3545
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
People need to slow down off road, unless it's open, visibility is good and no ones around!
Heading down Rock Gap, I almost went head on with a guy on a dirt bike. It was just before a blind corner, there was a large rock to the right of the trail and I was rounding left of it. I was going less than walking speed. He stopped just before touching my bumper and starting yelling about how people drive on the right side in this country. I stepped out fully intending on tossing him and his bike over the cliff, but he went around and sped up the hill.
YouStupidBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2012, 09:03 PM   #3546
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsonlaw View Post
We could all learn a lot from a panda, I'm sure YSB agrees. :-)
Pandas and polar bears look so huggable! I was thinking of getting my wifes climbing helmet airbrushed to look like a panda.

Personally, I think racism is funny, but I don't have a huge chip on my shoulder looking to be offended.
Unread 01-17-2012, 09:04 PM   #3547
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

That's ok Ysb, you know he will get his with an attitude like that! Hopefully it doesn't kill him. It's always someone else's fault, didn't you know? I guess you missed the memo! :laugh;
Unread 01-17-2012, 09:04 PM   #3548
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by adams1985cj View Post
Just ran it today. I'll post up a few pictures shortly.
Unread 01-17-2012, 09:06 PM   #3549
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Also, I know someone that does awesome airbrush work. He had his garage door painted up like a seascape with whales and everything for a while. He's done "real flames" on cars that looked absolutely sick. I can hit him up and see what he charges!?
Unread 01-17-2012, 09:10 PM   #3550
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

So, yeah. Went over Wheelers Pass today. It wasn't at all difficult, but up the Cold Creek side to the peak was really uncomfortable. It's gotten worse since I last went over last year. Lots of rocks just large enough to be annoying were embedded in the trail. After the peak and down through to Pahrump, the ride was beautiful.

This is about as difficult as it got today, but there are a few patches of ice that might be a problem. Snow from a few weeks ago started to melt and with the temp drops we've had the last few night, they froze over again into a slick glass.
img_6750.jpg  
Unread 01-17-2012, 09:11 PM   #3551
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Should have posted this one first. It was just past the parking area at Cold Creek. We were surprised to see this little guy so late in the season. He still has a bit of his umbilical cord left so, he was probably dropped within a few weeks. Doubtful he'll make it through this winter.
img_1151.jpg  
Unread 01-17-2012, 09:13 PM   #3552
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

The Charcoal Kilns on the Pahrump side. There is now a fence all the way around them. Sad to see they have to do that to protect them.
img_6845.jpg  
Unread 01-17-2012, 09:14 PM   #3553
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
That's ok Ysb, you know he will get his with an attitude like that! Hopefully it doesn't kill him. It's always someone else's fault, didn't you know? I guess you missed the memo! :laugh;
I was out in the jeep with the wife a few weeks ago, and she asks me why I was spending so much time on the left side of the road, which seemed funny as the trail was only a couple of feet wider than my jeep.
Unread 01-17-2012, 09:14 PM   #3554
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Last picture for now. Saw a bunch of these on a hillside. I was happy that I was finally able to see a live deer around here, but those appear to be elk. Stupid elk. Nice kill shots.
img_6719.jpg  
Unread 01-17-2012, 09:16 PM   #3555
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Also, I know someone that does awesome airbrush work.
Thanks for that, but I saw some panda helmets online and design is simple enough to use a Sharpie.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.