Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 2369 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wARTEC JK UNDER ARMOR - 4 door Bellypan Kits

Unread 02-12-2014, 11:32 AM   #35521
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMCKEIG
I just wish I didn't live in a neighborhood that you guys frequent with those helicopters (granted mine isn't as bad as Khris'). haha
Freals. Stop shining the light on me! I promise I didn't do anything haha. Good old east side...

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-12-2014, 11:32 AM   #35522
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

image-92310965.jpg

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 02-12-2014, 12:13 PM   #35523
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

This has to be some of the worst luck ever http://www.expeditionportal.com/vide...sly-wrong.html
Unread 02-12-2014, 12:32 PM   #35524
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

That was intense!
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-12-2014, 12:45 PM   #35525
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
This has to be some of the worst luck ever http://www.expeditionportal.com/vide...sly-wrong.html
Jerking tow straps always makes me nervous.

What I donít understand is why after the second truck got unstuck the first time they didn't either leave the trucks strapped together and continue to use the winch; or if they felt that was to much weight for the winch turn the recovery vehicle around, anchor it to the tree with the straps, then wench the first truck out. My tree saver has spent more time being used to anchor me when I'm doing recovery then as an attachment point for winching me out.
matthew900 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-12-2014, 01:56 PM   #35526
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew900 View Post
Jerking tow straps always makes me nervous.

What I donít understand is why after the second truck got unstuck the first time they didn't either leave the trucks strapped together and continue to use the winch; or if they felt that was to much weight for the winch turn the recovery vehicle around, anchor it to the tree with the straps, then wench the first truck out. My tree saver has spent more time being used to anchor me when I'm doing recovery then as an attachment point for winching me out.

From what I could tell they were using snatch straps, which by design stretch. So winching would not be as effective as tugging like they did.

I guess it would be the same as using a bubba rope on the end of a winch. Mud is crazy, it will create a suction effect around the tires and the bottom of the vehicle when you get stuck. So that 5k vehicle can be 15k to pull out.

That whole video was selling me on a winch extension strap though. The kit that I just got in has a tree save, snatch strap, snatch block, shackles and a bag... but no winch extension. But I think that I will be safe with 90ish feet of cable.
Unread 02-12-2014, 02:57 PM   #35527
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

I can't speak about out here but back east I was the only one with a realiabe winch in my group so I did a lot of the winching. Even on the biggest obsticles we never ran into an issue with cable length.
Unread 02-12-2014, 03:20 PM   #35528
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

that was pretty intense lol

Quote:
- Jerry Reed

Unread 02-12-2014, 05:24 PM   #35529
sirhk100

I'm not much of a star wars fan but this is kinda funny.

http://imgur.com/MAPTEem

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-12-2014, 06:19 PM   #35530
Warboar_21
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Wow that beats my recovery from hell story.
Warboar_21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-12-2014, 07:00 PM   #35531
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
I'm not much of a star wars fan but this is kinda funny.

http://imgur.com/MAPTEem
LOL!

I feel sorry for all the poor independent contractors died when they blew up the second death star.
Unread 02-12-2014, 07:58 PM   #35532
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Dave, Thank you for what you do. I know that being in law enforcement is a thankless job.

Really though, we shouldn't play hide and seek in the backyard when you are circling?

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-12-2014, 08:13 PM   #35533
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warboar_21
Wow that beats my recovery from hell story.
It was an intense watch but I don't really think it was that bad. I mean, both vehicles came out unscathed...nobody was hurt....could it have gone bad? Yes. But considering that nothing actually was damaged or lost, lol

Quote:
- Jerry Reed

Unread 02-12-2014, 08:54 PM   #35534
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

They must be way the f out there. I do not know anybody that carries 4 snatch straps with them.

And because I am so cool, I just put on interior LED lights in. And before someone goes off about trivial upgrades... I mostly got these for camping. With the fridge running I want to save as much battery power as possible.
Unread 02-12-2014, 08:55 PM   #35535
dmgiff
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
Dave, Thank you for what you do. I know that being in law enforcement is a thankless job.

Really though, we shouldn't play hide and seek in the backyard when you are circling?
Haha, we don't mind the hide and seek, as long as we can tell the good guys from the bad guys...
dmgiff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.