Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 236 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippDan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 01-17-2012, 01:11 AM   #3526
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

If anyone is interested. I'm heading up to Red Rock Friday or Saturday. I'm letting the lady drive up. We're doing Red Rock side up and down. The trip will be for the hiking folk. We're gonna do the trails that explore the top of the peaks.

Anyone is welcome to join! Just let me know so we can set up a meet spot.

other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2012, 07:15 AM   #3527
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

I want to do mormon wells with snow... not sure if that will happen this year.
gregaf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2012, 07:28 AM   #3528
Spaceball

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Cool vid of Mormon Wells, I wouldn't recommend doing it as fast as these guys though, not in a Jeep anyway........

Spaceball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2012, 07:59 AM   #3529
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Yeah, I would never drive that fast on a trail. At least not any jeep that I own. The raptors are pretty bad arse, except for the fact that the frames are sagging and cracking from the use and Ford is saying that customers are abusing them and that is why they are cracking, Which I can understand cause I have seen plenty of video's of people jumping the hell out of them.
Unread 01-17-2012, 09:10 AM   #3530
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
Lived here my whole life and never saw an owl until then.
One of the very first rides I did on my dirt bike when I moved out here a few years ago...

And my comment on the raptors in that video is personally... They're running way too fast for that narrow of a trail with that many blind corners. Would hate to meet them head on! I'm actually surprised there's not more video of raptors completely wadded up and wrecked from too much fun/abuse. Sagging frames is well, understandable, I'm surprised we're not seeing them rolled and endo'd more though honestly.
sirhk100 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2012, 09:19 AM   #3531
PolkaPower
1998 ZJ 

First trip to Goodsprings on Cotton Wood I almost had a collision with some quad riders. They were going about 50mph probably and almost ate it into the back of me. The first guy didn't even bother to slow it down and spit rocks everywhere as he went by. Bastids.
I have seen more Raptors in this town than my whole life. They are everywhere.
PolkaPower is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2012, 10:37 AM   #3532
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

A girl I used to work with lost her husband at big dunes by amargosa because he came around a bush and face planted on a brush guard on an f-250! People need to slow down off road, unless it's open, visibility is good and no ones around!
Unread 01-17-2012, 10:53 AM   #3533
sirhk100

I learned the hard way about spotters on jumps when I was younger. I landed on top of my dads dune buggy with my dirt bike. I also hit a friend head on with dirt bikes also in some dunes. No I'm usually pretty slow around blind corners and hills. In the vids of my truck I've posted if you look off to the left you can see people standing there. Before I go over the hills I take a glance or two over to make sure they're not waving me off. I've also talked to the couple dirt bikes sitting there telling them I'm gonna be flying over those hills blindly so to stay off them for a few minutes while we take pictures.

A friend of mine killed two kids and injured two others in a rhino that he hit head on at race speed in his truck at night on a blind hill. He wasn't found at fault cause all the underaged kids were beyond drunk in tox reports. He also had 6 HID hellas on so it had to have looked like the sun coming from behind the hill. On top of that he was running the correct direction on the race coarse the night of the race which is pretty much a given in that atmosphere. Still messed him up mentally. He ended up cutting up the truck, parting out what he could and has never raced or even been in a truck since that wreck.

When I'm on my bike it's my biggest fear cause I know I'm gonna loose the battle! When I'm in my truck it's my biggest fear cause I don't want to kill someone else or destroy their ride. My trucks bumper is pretty stout... LOL

Friends old truck I was talking about that he cut up... This thing was pretty nice!

http://youtu.be/7l4dy3tpC6o
Unread 01-17-2012, 10:58 AM   #3534
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
A girl I used to work with lost her husband at big dunes by amargosa because he came around a bush and face planted on a brush guard on an f-250! People need to slow down off road, unless it's open, visibility is good and no ones around!
that is one of the reasons that I barely take my son out on the quads right now. And when he is riding with me, he has a helmet on and I am sporting the cool little flag. The apex is cool for riding, but there are way too many people trying to be barney bad *** out there for me to ride with the kids. I usually take the kids around kyle canyon because there are not too many other people out there.

When I lived in tex-*** I was hit head on while riding a single track trail, I heard the guy coming and got out of the trail the best that I could. I even revved the engine so he could hear me, but he still slid into me and we hooked tired. My thigh hooked the end of the handle bar and brake lever. I still have a small indent in my muscle from the brake lever in my thigh and it has been 4 years.
Unread 01-17-2012, 11:46 AM   #3535
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceball View Post
Cool vid of Mormon Wells, I wouldn't recommend doing it as fast as these guys though, not in a Jeep anyway........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4NhLm4i56w
HO BRAH! EXTREEEEEEEEMMMMMEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

Lets go jump some dunes bro!

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2012, 02:06 PM   #3536
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
The apex is cool for riding, but there are way too many people trying to be barney bad *** out there for me to ride with the kids. I usually take the kids around kyle canyon because there are not too many other people out there.
Nice spot that would be beginner friendly for quads and not nearly the insanity is to go further up I15 to the exit past valley of fire called "ute rd". Exit there and take the tiny road off to the east about 6-7 miles back. It'll turn to dirt going thru a canyon for about 1/2 mile then turn back to pavement once thru the canyon. Probably 1/2 mile or so further once it turns paved again is a large open area to stage from. We race our dirt bikes out there once a year and typically every weekend we're out there other then that one weekend there's maybe 1 or 2 other groups at the most if any staged there riding. They don't hang in the staging area though, they actually go ride so chances are you probably won't even see them on the trails.

Unread 01-17-2012, 04:01 PM   #3537
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

We could all learn a lot from a panda, I'm sure YSB agrees. :-)

388203_306101429425804_270307259671888_773929_1304087768_n.jpg
Unread 01-17-2012, 04:09 PM   #3538
sirhk100

Oh they look so yummy!!! I bet they grill up quite nice and would go great with a glass of wine! LOL
Unread 01-17-2012, 06:28 PM   #3539
Spaceball

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post

My little bro in Ely crashed his quad into a truck coming around a blind curve, lots o scabs, luckily no broken body parts. Can't say the same for his quad though! I think he said it was both their faults.
Unread 01-17-2012, 06:31 PM   #3540
Spaceball

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
HO BRAH! EXTREEEEEEEEMMMMMEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

Lets go jump some dunes bro!

No way brah wut ya mean my broken frame's not under warranty!?? They did it in the Ford commercial!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.