Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 2350 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Labor Day Sale!Clayton Off Road - last day of the Labor Day special!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 02-04-2014, 07:49 PM   #35236
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
I'm not worried about maintenance cost on it. I'll probably be lucky to put 3000 miles a year on it. As far as smog goes, I saw them physically look under it with a mirror so I'm assuming they're looking for a cat or whatever diesels use.
When I moved here I had my Duramax smogged. I had a turbo back 4" straight piped no cat or muffler and they didn't care. (Went to the guy down town henderson on water street) I also had a CAI, edge double stack (look it up) and a Banks gate. It hauled *** and got 22mpg empty and 20 towing. 2003 lifted silverado on ****ty 35" mud grapplers and 20" kmc's. So I'm sure you can get better with stock tire and rim set up. I could only go up to number 3 on the programmer. 4 put the tranny in limp mode because of the power output.

Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2014, 08:08 PM   #35237
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

The lady and I are going hiking on Saturday. We want to hike on top of red rock and take Rocky Gap to the ridge. Anyone want to join??

Posted from outer space.
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2014, 08:23 PM   #35238
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJared
The lady and I are going hiking on Saturday. We want to hike on top of red rock and take Rocky Gap to the ridge. Anyone want to join?? Posted from outer space.
how far is that? How long does it normally take?
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2014, 09:12 PM   #35239
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez
how far is that? How long does it normally take?
Well it takes about a hour to get to to the ridge and it's about a 5-6 mile round trip hike.

Posted from outer space.
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-04-2014, 09:43 PM   #35240
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJared
Well it takes about a hour to get to to the ridge and it's about a 5-6 mile round trip hike. Posted from outer space.
Sounds like fun, have a great time!
Unread 02-05-2014, 08:50 AM   #35241
sirhk100

Random pictures from the weekend...

They look just as dumb in person as they do in pictures...

1929 Studebaker Indy car... The guy standing there is the owner and he still races it. He'll be racing it in Havasu the same weekend as the Mint400.

Friggen thing fired right up, I should've left the camera running for when he hit the throttle, the straight 8 in it sounded mean!!! Click below to watch the old man fire it up...

saw mill...

Studebaker vice! I kinda wanted this!

I wanted to convert this trailer into a camper!!!

Oh and found another jeep for you guys...

I've got more but this is a good variety... This is at the end of about a 40 mile dirt road from my house in Az.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-05-2014, 09:33 AM   #35242
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Cool pics Khris. Thanks!!

On other notes, my winch came in yesterday and I had to fight so hard to not open the box. I cannot wait until the house is done so that I can install it.
Unread 02-05-2014, 09:47 AM   #35243
sirhk100

Oh, gotta say too... That jeep on the trailer. We put a set of the fox resi shocks all the way around. What a difference! We'll see how long till they bend and axle now cause you can cruise that thing at a decent pace now with those shocks. I drove it the whole weekend and hit a couple spots a bit harder then I meant to and it soaked it up, specifically the rear!!!! Every jeep I've been in with a typical lift bottoms out on the rear so easily and this thing just soaked it up, I think I only actually bottomed it out once the whole weekend. Still rides nice on the street though for sure.

Unread 02-05-2014, 10:12 AM   #35244
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

That place looks like it would be fun to spend an afternoon wandering around, is it open to the public?
Unread 02-05-2014, 10:22 AM   #35245
sirhk100

Yup, $5 donation and there's WAY WAY WAY more then what's in those pictures. You can easily spend hours in there and when done the town of Jerome which it's on the outside edge of is worth spending a few hours walking in and out of the shops and what not too. The dude firing up the car is the owner of it all...

This is where it is and we got there via the jerome/perkinsville dirt road that is heading almost directly out of the place...

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=jerom...izona&t=h&z=19

Unread 02-05-2014, 11:07 AM   #35246
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Jerome.. isn't that the home of the haunted hamburger?

What is the place that you went. Junkyard? Museum?
Unread 02-05-2014, 11:36 AM   #35247
sirhk100

Yup, I can't go thru Jerome without eating at Haunted Hamburger actually! The BBQ burger with twice baked potato is awesome there! The place in the pictures is the gold king mine... The guy starting up the car, you can see him on the webpage here. It's definitely worth the $5 if you're ever in the area! I've been there a few times and it's always cool. The old man that owns it will show you anything, answer any questions, fire up anything that runs if you ask him to, etc... Really cool deal he has set up there!

http://www.goldkingmineghosttown.com/

On wed's haunted hamburger does half priced burgers and half priced drinks. It's about an hour dirt run from my house and we used to run out there all the time in my toyota when I lived out there on Wed's after work!

Unread 02-05-2014, 11:47 AM   #35248
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

That's awesome! I had completely forgotten about that place until I saw 'Jerome'. Good memories were made there one weekend long ago with a cool chick I used to hang out with. I always wanted to go back someday, but never had a clue where it was. Thanks for posting this up, this is definitely gonna be a weekend road trip for me!
Unread 02-05-2014, 11:56 AM   #35249
sirhk100

Killer 3 day weekend trip would be to head out say on a friday night. Get a room in Prescott, get some drinks and party a bit on Whiskey row. Hit up someplace down town for breakfast and hit the road at a reasonable time sat morning. Head north on 89 to Chino Valley stopping at the Dells for pictures and to check out that area. In Chino take perkinsville road to Jerome. I've got GPS, it's a fun dirt road. You won't use 4wd at all and a car could make the trip but I'd definitely want a truck with aired down tires. Get into Jerome early afternoon Sat. Spend the afternoon screwing around in the gold king mine ghost town. Hit up Jerome the town for the evening bar hoping thru the saloons and get a room in Jerome. Sunday morning grab breakfast in Jerome, hit up whatever random tourist gift shops and then head to Sedona. In Sedona do the broken arrow trail in your jeep and then take Schnebly Hill Rd over to I17 which is a dirt road that's got endless amazing scenery. Hit the I17 and head south down to Montezuma Castle. Check that out and then head back to Sedona late afternoon to do the touristy thing, bar hop, then crash there sunday night. Monday, head north up 89A to Flagstaff, have lunch or whatever there and then hit the road back to Vegas...

That right there would be a pretty *****in way to do a 3 day weekend out of town. Especially if it was say early or late summer when the temps are actually pretty nice there but getting toasty here!

Unread 02-05-2014, 12:23 PM   #35250
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Thats a great idea! We would probably take the grocery getter (FJ) instead of the LJ so we would have a better ride and mileage. When I get back home I gotta tell the wife about it, I could definitely use some time in wide open areas

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.