Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 2340 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 01-30-2014, 01:13 PM   #35086
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
Don't forget to bring a BFH!!
Rookie!!!!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2014, 01:29 PM   #35087
Warboar_21
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Am I wrong in thinking all I need to do is remove wheels, shocks, and compress coils to remove and then remove bump stops install spacer and then re install coil?

I have a compressor and air tools and if that doesn't work the 8lb sledge will be near by. Along with the 45-70
Warboar_21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2014, 01:30 PM   #35088
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
These were different too, doesn't mean it was a good idea.

I couldnt help but notice two of the 3 vehicles you pictured are very popular in the media; one in Wayne's World (though I am sure the one pictured doesnt have the awesome licorice dispenser) and the aztec was in Breaking Bad. That being said, I never said that anything different is a good idea. I said that I liked that one because it is different.
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2014, 01:34 PM   #35089
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

that is basically it. I would also drop the track bars to get that extra axle drop, but watch for stretched out the e-brake cable and brake lines.

Once everything is installed and back on the ground loosen up the control arms, bounce the Jeep some, then tighten them up. Doing this will take any bind off of the bushings.
Unread 01-30-2014, 01:37 PM   #35090
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warboar_21
Along with the 45-70
Now you're speaking marn's language!
Unread 01-30-2014, 01:37 PM   #35091
sirhk100

Media vs. public opinion and sales are two different things. They're all clown cars, including the jeep. Friggen hideous! Buy a truck if you need something with a bed, buy a regular jeep if you want to wheel, if you need both, buy one of many countless truck platforms that can be wheeled. That jeep is easily as nasty as those three vehicles above. Just cause it says "jeep" doesn't automatically make it cool... LOL

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2014, 01:58 PM   #35092
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warboar_21 View Post
Am I wrong in thinking all I need to do is remove wheels, shocks, and compress coils to remove and then remove bump stops install spacer and then re install coil?

I have a compressor and air tools and if that doesn't work the 8lb sledge will be near by. Along with the 45-70
When are you trying to do the install and where are you located?
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2014, 02:04 PM   #35093
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:

This is correct in how to do the install. Make sure you use a lot of pb blaster on all the nuts you will touch.
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2014, 02:38 PM   #35094
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Media vs. public opinion and sales are two different things. They're all clown cars, including the jeep. Friggen hideous! Buy a truck if you need something with a bed, buy a regular jeep if you want to wheel, if you need both, buy one of many countless truck platforms that can be wheeled. That jeep is easily as nasty as those three vehicles above. Just cause it says "jeep" doesn't automatically make it cool... LOL
Agreed! When the aztek came out, there was a special edition that had an on-board deployable tent in the back. It was a great idea, but a terribly looking design, and an even more terrible drivetrain and engine package! They were front wheel drive, and just piles of crap. I worked at a pontiac dealership when they were in production, and many of them felt like they were on the verge of literally falling apart!
Unread 01-30-2014, 02:39 PM   #35095
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81
This is correct in how to do the install. Make sure you use a lot of pb blaster on all the nuts you will touch.
Lol "...nuts you will touch."

Posted from outer space.
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2014, 02:40 PM   #35096
Warboar_21
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJared
When are you trying to do the install and where are you located?
I will do it on Saturday.

Located in southern highlands.
Unread 01-30-2014, 02:42 PM   #35097
Warboar_21
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
I will spray them down with penetrating oil this evening and then again in Friday. Will try the install on Saturday.
Unread 01-30-2014, 03:03 PM   #35098
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:

I'm guessing this is for a XJ? Shackles rear and spacers front. I never used a coil spring compressor just support the frame with jack stands, take off sway bar links, drop the axle all they way down, take off shocks, and jack up the opposite side of the axle you are pulling the coil spring from and they will fall out. You may have to use a pry bar to get them back in with the spacer in but its easy.
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2014, 03:11 PM   #35099
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
I would just stick to spraying the nuts on the jeep.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2014, 03:51 PM   #35100
Grand_ZJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

You guys said nuts... Lol

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.