Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 234 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 01-16-2012, 01:44 PM   #3496
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Did I send everyone their pictures from yesterday or did I miss someone. Let me know if you didn't get an email with pics please. I want to make sure everyone got them. Thanks

Unread 01-16-2012, 01:48 PM   #3497
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Not sure why the quality went downhill...
I know why. It's because that screaming chick isn't in the videos. She needs to be in all of them even if she is screaming for no reason at all.
YouStupidBunny is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-16-2012, 02:20 PM   #3498
adams1985cj
1985 CJ7 

I have to admit prior to yesterday it had been a while since I used the old girl. But I have really got the itch back. Thanks again for a great day.
Unread 01-16-2012, 03:04 PM   #3499
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

The other lady, huh? We do definitely need to get out more! I may be moving soon, so my jeeping time will be cut short. If anyone is making runs, and doesn't min company, please post so we can join!
Unread 01-16-2012, 04:28 PM   #3500
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I'm looking for some sway bar disconnects for my TJ....on the cheap. It's stock height now, but will have a 4" lift. I don't want to spend a lot on stock height ones, just for them to be useless once I lift it. Any ideas or leads would be great. Otherwise, I'll just try to make something temporary.
Unread 01-16-2012, 04:33 PM   #3501
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

You did say that you don't unlink offroad. Pretty sure that puts a bunch of stress on the links. Especially the OE ball type. Some cheap $20 ones from Autozone should work until you get your lift.

Why don't you unlink? It only take a couple of minutes and it's so much more comfortable. I can understand not airing down. That's a huge PITA.
Unread 01-16-2012, 04:43 PM   #3502
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

I went through 2 pairs of OE links before I knew I was supposed to unlink them. Before I switched to my Zone disconnects, the last OE link ball popped completely out when the axle slacked. If I remember correctly, that was on Rocky Gap just after the creek that crosses the trail.
Unread 01-16-2012, 04:52 PM   #3503
sirhk100

My TJ already had the lift with disconnects on it when I bought it so I'm not sure but are the factory ones more then just a bolt? I never actually even unhook both sides on mine. I just unhook the lower mounting point on the drvr side one, flip it along side the sway bar and I have a little bungy type thing I use to secure it there out of the way. If it's just bolts, it would be nothing more then a single bolt to do similar.

I'll work on the screaming chick in the next video! This one might really be a good screamer cause she is at other times when we're together!
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-16-2012, 07:28 PM   #3504
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Yeah, you know how aftermarket disco's have bolt top and bottom with a flex at the top? I think they're called a heim joint. OE has bolt top and bottom with a ball and socket joint just above the middle, but the ball socket has limitations. If you just removed the bottom bolt, you wouldn't be able to fold the link up and out of the way. You'd have to remove the top and bottom bolts if you want to unlink OE links. Really odd design. When I used to leave mine connected offroad the ball would round out the socket.
Unread 01-16-2012, 08:39 PM   #3505
Spaceball

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Next video. its long, but the highlights are there. I had to cut it way down to get it to upload(youtube has a length limit) ANyway, enjoy! check out my other videos while on youtube!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nn6cLw5HxP0
Looked like fun! I just scribed to your channel Powr, I though we were the only ones that had a kitty that played fetch,

I did that run a few years ago, stock suspension, 31s, and only scraped the hitch a few times on the way down on the Pahrump side. Looks way different now!
Spaceball is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-16-2012, 09:30 PM   #3506
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah, it looked a lot different from the last time I ran it too. I'm gonna try to start posting more vids on YouTube. I'll bring the camera anytime I'm shooting or jeeping. Should make for some good vids!
Unread 01-16-2012, 09:38 PM   #3507
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Rocky Gap looked like it was a lot of fun ... would've gone on Saturday. Just got back from my offroad activities near Bullhead City, AZ. It was a ton of fun, and Secret Pass was epic. I'll post some pictures when I can.
Unread 01-16-2012, 09:57 PM   #3508
YouStupidBunny
2007 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsonlaw View Post
Secret Pass was epic.
Even the name sounds cool. How far was it? I don't like to drive too far from home. Lucky for me all my favorite trails are about 20 miles away.

How was your birthday? Get anything good?
Unread 01-16-2012, 10:34 PM   #3509
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

It's in the mountains east of Bullhead City, but you have to go to the other side of the mountains (from Golden Valley) to get in. Absolutely fantastic. Here's one of the better pictures of the canyon ... for perspective, these cliffs are easily 500 feet high, maybe more.
img_6009.jpg  
Unread 01-16-2012, 10:45 PM   #3510
davidsonlaw
2013 JK Wrangler 

Oh, and it's jeepable, just gotta go up and down some waterfalls, but I've done worse. Would've done it today (instead of just hiking) if we had any other rigs out there with us.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.