Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 2326 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 01-24-2014, 01:19 AM   #34876
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmgiff
Well, I formally apologize. I usually consider myself to be pretty observant. You know, checking for people playing the knockout game and what not. And looking for fire exits. Anyway, don't know how I missed it... What were you doing all the way over here?
Could be like marn and blow through red lights!? Lol

Unread 01-24-2014, 01:37 AM   #34877
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Could be like marn and blow through red lights!? Lol
pretty sure that's an official sport in Vegas isn't it?

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2014, 01:58 AM   #34878
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Hey Khris, Not sure if this is what you're looking for
http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/cto/4294576223.html
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2014, 08:02 AM   #34879
sirhk100

I had been staying away from Chevy's only cause I wanted a simple front suspension. Basically straight axle or i-beams. I didn't want to deal with a-arms and all the bushings and stuff associated with them. Kind of a lame reason for sure but just kinda was what it is. I guess I could let the cat outta the bag that I actually am set for what I'm looking for considering I got it insured yesterday and waited for 150 numbers to be called before mine at DMV so that I could pay a $1 and get the moving permit so I can go get it smogged and then register it next week.

Unread 01-24-2014, 08:10 AM   #34880
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Pics of said vehicle?
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2014, 08:13 AM   #34881
sirhk100

Ain't got none but it's sitting in my driveway and is HARD to miss... Well, technically, I do but they're on my camera, not my computer. It's that van I posted a link to last week. Not gonna lie though, I've watched this once or twice now...

Unread 01-24-2014, 08:16 AM   #34882
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
ain't got none... Well, technically, i do but they're on my camera, not my computer. It's that van i posted a link to last week. Not gonna lie though, i've watched this once or twice now... video link: Http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0grgoisetr4
kermit ii

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2014, 08:33 AM   #34883
sirhk100

Ahhh, I didn't "get" that comment yesterday... Not sure, it's not the right green but maybe it's my color blindness kicking in for that. Not that kermit i is either really but I think the OG kermit is closer to the folding kermit then it is the tractor kermit.

So far, I just need to fix the blower motor switch on it and go find a side entry trim plate on the floor. All else is good from what I can tell. Gonna do a little clean up underneath it and I need to address a couple minor things on the interior. My "plans" are formulating but I'm gonna hold off on anything till after the F150 is done...

Unread 01-24-2014, 08:54 AM   #34884
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

The hulk?

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2014, 09:02 AM   #34885
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Ain't got none but it's sitting in my driveway and is HARD to miss... Well, technically, I do but they're on my camera, not my computer. It's that van I posted a link to last week. Not gonna lie though, I've watched this once or twice now...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GRgoISeTR4
Looks like a really cool setup! With all that time and effort into it, I think it would better if he had lined the walls with Dynamat (or something similar) for better sound and temp insulation and to reduce vibration of the walls.

Edit: Then again, if you had this platform, you could build the back end any way you wanted and have some awesome style to go with it! http://www.govliquidation.com/auctio...&convertTo=USD
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2014, 09:21 AM   #34886
sirhk100

100% completely agree!!!! Seems like the one step he missed for sure and that already crossed my mind! The one I picked up already has the walls insulated VERY well from what I can tell at this point. Not sure if there's any sound damping material on the walls or not though. Down the road when I build it out, I'll likely pull down the existing interior panels, pull the insulation and put down some damping material and then redo it... I'd rather start from the get go with it all correct.

Andy!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
5.0 v8 swap 4x4 fox 2.5 coilovers on all 4s new msd fuel pump new fuel filter new alternator and battery c4 trans re geared deaver pack flipped shackle trailing arms hydrolic bump limit straps new cbr race radiator with dual fans tranny cooler buckets with five point harness mustang rear end nothing on the truck is stock text or call for more details truck runs and drives 951 285 3217 location lake elsinore $4,000 or best offer

Rain gutter, V8, 4x4, CHEAP!!! Probably needs some love, looks like maybe a few suspension mods but damn, that might be a really really really good starting point! Has some very usable parts to work with and if the drivetrain swap is good quality and runs well then... Ummmm....

Unread 01-24-2014, 09:34 AM   #34887
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Andy, I'm headed to Lake Elsinore 4-5 times here in the next month!! With trailer and room!!!Just saying

Id buy it just for the shock scoops. It's even got Carr hoop steps for a guy your height!!
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2014, 09:40 AM   #34888
sirhk100

Wow, stumbled on some OLD race photos online! I remember back in HS watching this rig race and it would just blow me away watching the front solidaxle doing 100mph thru knee deep whoops!

That's WAY before jeepspeed or ultra 4 was a thought and in the days when 35" tires were HUGE on a jeep! LOL

Unread 01-24-2014, 09:45 AM   #34889
sirhk100

Garza... Notice in the ad they say mustang rear end... Does your fox body have a 8.8 or a 9"? Curious when they switched away from the 9" and went to the 8.8... You'd think I should know this considering my employer right? LOL I don't think any mustang 9" ever came with disc brakes did it? I think they made the switch in the mid 80's sometime.

Unread 01-24-2014, 10:00 AM   #34890
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez View Post

Looks like a really cool setup! With all that time and effort into it, I think it would better if he had lined the walls with Dynamat (or something similar) for better sound and temp insulation and to reduce vibration of the walls.
The dynomatt would help keep the nose down when you decide to rape someone too

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.