Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 2322 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 01-23-2014, 11:58 AM   #34816
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

touchy subject.

Most people want to help out a friend on their personal stuff. By far you have been through the most vehicles out of the group and from what you have said each one was sold at a profit.

For example Puck hooked me up last year installing my water softener. Would I expect the same kind of deal on a house that I was flipping? Nope.

Same thing goes for Andy hooking dudes up through the glory hole at the local truck stop. Would it be right for me to stand outside the stall charging a cover?

Unread 01-23-2014, 11:58 AM   #34817
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Attachment 1022097

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-23-2014, 12:02 PM   #34818
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

dead link, marn.
Unread 01-23-2014, 12:04 PM   #34819
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez View Post
Whoa whoa whoa.. How did MY name get drug into this whole haterade drunken fest?? I haven't said word one about all this because I'm not here to get caught up in drama.. just to watch you buncha drama queens get all worked up so leave me outta this one please.
Sorry, bonez. I read roobicon and it registered as bonez in my just-out-of-bed foggy mind. I have discovered I have a reading comprehension problem for the first several minutes of waking that rarely goes away within hours...
I agree with roobicon and khris.
Unread 01-23-2014, 12:08 PM   #34820
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Sorry, bonez. I read roobicon and it registered as bonez in my just-out-of-bed foggy mind. I have discovered I have a reading comprehension problem for the first several minutes of waking that rarely goes away within hours...
I agree with roobicon and khris.
Its all good buddy. I wasn't upset at all - just having fun There are a lot of interesting (good) points being brought up in the thread over the course of the past few days, it's interesting to see where it goes.

On a side note, I do agree that it would have been infinitely more entertaining if Andrew had been digging and smoking one of his ceeegars when that gas-line was hit. I wonder how skinny jeans would have held up to that kinda abuse. Oh well, I wholeheartedly agree with delegation to avoid those situations!!
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-23-2014, 12:11 PM   #34821
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey
dead link, marn.
Dag nabbit

image-4190988105.jpg

image-4054672256.jpg

image-3053398837.jpg

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-23-2014, 12:14 PM   #34822
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
Pics like this are EXACTLY why I won't let my wife ask you to come over to architect our landscaping. All I can see is dollar signs everywhere in there. Good looking design and work though!
Unread 01-23-2014, 12:16 PM   #34823
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

very nice marn!

Bonez, one of my good friends works for a propane company here in town. He was literally engulfed in a mushroom cloud of flame in mesquite a few years ago. They were doing an install, and the other guy was at the other end of the 4" pipe from my friend. My buddy was at the open end of it, and noticed that the other guy had already lit the pilot on another piece of equipment nearby, and before he could radio to him to not open the valve, the guy turned on the gas. My friend said he could hear it coming through the pipe, and just held his breath and closed his eyes. It's what saved his life! The doctors said that if he had tried to breath when it ignited, it would have cauterized the insides of his lungs and he would have suffocated with nothing anyone could do. Luckily, he just ended up with 2nd degree burns on his face that healed with minimal scarring.
Unread 01-23-2014, 12:18 PM   #34824
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

OUCH! Okay, I take back my entertainment comment after seeing that. Glad nothing went wrong Marn! To your skinny pants OR your minions.
Unread 01-23-2014, 12:23 PM   #34825
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
I see where raptor is coming from, and while he doesn't necessarily plan on selling, if an offer comes up, I would jump on it too. That said, I've yet to have someone just come and provide an unsolicited offer on my Jeep.
I agree with Khris and Bonez. I've given you parts at very low/no cost that I could have made more money on to advance my build. I did so because I thought you needed the help and couldn't afford to pay more for the parts. Everyone on here, with the exception of a few, are willing to take a loss or break even to help a fellow Jeeper out. We do it because we want to help keep the hobby alive, not enable a quick buck on the generosity of others.
I'm not calling raptor out on this, I'm simply saying that if we know that our labor/help/parts are going to a vehicle that will be sold/traded for something better, we may rethink our price points. We all want to upgrade and get better stuff, but not necessarily at the expense of others' generosity or friendship.
In the end, it's not wrong to make money on a vehicle others helped you on, but it's shady to project the illusion that it's a long term vehicle choice.
Imagine how everyone on here would have felt if I had finished my Jeep and then went immediately to a dealer and traded it on a new one. A lot of people have had a hand in building my rig, and I wouldn't feel right doing that. When people donate their time and knowledge, it's a valuable thing that shouldn't be taken for granted.
I agree. I have all the parts I have gotten and bought from you in my garage. If you want them back you can have them. I used the track bar for a day and the drive shaft was never used. Both were sought because of issue I had with the jeep and were found not to be the problem. Not for profit but trial and error on to fix an issue.
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-23-2014, 12:28 PM   #34826
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Rodney,

is this what you think everyone thinks of you now?

Unread 01-23-2014, 12:29 PM   #34827
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
touchy subject.

Most people want to help out a friend on their personal stuff. By far you have been through the most vehicles out of the group and from what you have said each one was sold at a profit.

For example Puck hooked me up last year installing my water softener. Would I expect the same kind of deal on a house that I was flipping? Nope.

Same thing goes for Andy hooking dudes up through the glory hole at the local truck stop. Would it be right for me to stand outside the stall charging a cover?
I would help everyone on here if they needed it. Hell ask Garza I just told him about getting helping him get tickets to see a show at the Joint.
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-23-2014, 12:31 PM   #34828
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Time to move to a new subject guys.
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-23-2014, 12:38 PM   #34829
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81 View Post
Time to move to a new subject guys.
Like who's going to join that quick draw league? I want to see who's willing to let someone shoot them on purpose with a "modified" glock. I'm sure nothing can go wrong.
matthew900 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-23-2014, 12:39 PM   #34830
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew900 View Post

Like who's going to join that quick draw league? I want to see who's willing to let someone shoot them on purpose with a "modified" glock. I'm sure nothing can go wrong.
I would do it. Looks like painful fun!!
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.