Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 2311 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Thanksgiving holiday sale in effect @ oconeeoffroad.comRugged Ridge 8500lb Winch w/ Steel Cable $294.99 Shipped O2" Lift Kits for JK, TJ, XJ, WJ~$125.00 w/free shippi

Unread 01-18-2014, 09:07 AM   #34651
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Got a welder, all I need is shield gas now. Is there any shops who sell welding gas that are open today?

image.jpg

matthew900 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-18-2014, 12:13 PM   #34652
lockedwheels
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew900 View Post
Got a welder, all I need is shield gas now. Is there any shops who sell welding gas that are open today?
If you can't find one that is open you can use my tank.
lockedwheels is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-18-2014, 12:27 PM   #34653
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew900 View Post
I used praxair. They are the cheapest by far but they are closed today
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-19-2014, 03:28 PM   #34654
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Over 24 hours without a post. Everyone must be busy! It's football Sunday!

Posted from outer space.
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-19-2014, 03:39 PM   #34655
lockedwheels
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJared View Post
Over 24 hours without a post. Everyone must be busy! It's football Sunday!

Posted from outer space.
I thought someone would have posted about the murder on nellis atleast.
Unread 01-19-2014, 03:56 PM   #34656
dmgiff
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
I figure he just didn't want to bother with me since there is like no record and no warrants.

I don't know if my attitude had anything to do with it it not. I was clearly accepting blame, I was truthful and honest.

Also its not like he ran back to his car and took off for another call. He was slower than me leaving.
Patrol officers in a black and white vehicle are looking for bad guys. Pretty sure he knew before making it up to your window you were not a bad guy but it doesn't hurt to check. Keeps 'em sharp to go ahead and conduct the stop cuz, well, you just never know.

Motor cops, on the other hand... Well, their job is traffic enforcement. Some of them would write their own mothers. If you ever get off of a ticket with a motor officer, you should go play roulette or something cuz you're having a good day.
dmgiff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-19-2014, 04:00 PM   #34657
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmgiff View Post
Patrol officers in a black and white vehicle are looking for bad guys. Pretty sure he knew before making it up to your window you were not a bad guy but it doesn't hurt to check. Keeps 'em sharp to go ahead and conduct the stop cuz, well, you just never know.

Motor cops, on the other hand... Well, their job is traffic enforcement. Some of them would write their own mothers. If you ever get off of a ticket with a motor officer, you should go play roulette or something cuz you're having a good day.
Happened ONCE to me on the strip. I definitely counted my lucky stars that night. Every other time, well…you know!
Unread 01-19-2014, 05:03 PM   #34658
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockedwheels
I thought someone would have posted about the murder on nellis atleast.
Met the guy accused once or twice.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-19-2014, 06:56 PM   #34659
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:

Gotcha. Been given a ticket by a motor cop before, and I knew that was pretty much protocol.

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-19-2014, 09:44 PM   #34660
4x4Brit

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrunndonex View Post
Yes sir Sgt. ******* sir. As far as the phone they are selling on eBay for 80-140
Banhammer.
4x4Brit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-19-2014, 10:06 PM   #34661
lockedwheels
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
Met the guy accused once or twice.
I met him a few times as well... back in SC, so it was like 4 years ago. My wife knows him, and his Ex wife. I guess he beat her up a couple times back in the day. What a shame.
Unread 01-19-2014, 10:38 PM   #34662
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:

Wichita Falls, TX had 6-7 motorcycle cops when I was there. They accounted for almost 90% of the tickets written and the city counted it as a revenue stream.

Though I never got a ticket while I was out there... those shady guys would get up on the sidewalks of side streets of the major roads and intersections and just catch people one after another.

One of the girls at my old work was married to one and she used to give us a head up to where they where hitting.
Unread 01-19-2014, 10:39 PM   #34663
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockedwheels View Post
I met him a few times as well... back in SC, so it was like 4 years ago. My wife knows him, and his Ex wife. I guess he beat her up a couple times back in the day. What a shame.

So are you a nonner?
Unread 01-20-2014, 08:40 AM   #34664
lockedwheels
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Haha i guess it depends who you are asking
Unread 01-20-2014, 09:09 AM   #34665
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockedwheels View Post
Haha i guess it depends who you are asking

Hmmm, let me see here. This can be taken as you are not aircraft maintenance, but at the same time you do not work in the mpf/services. So what do you do?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.