Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 23 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueECGS DOTW - $100 off Yukon 8.8 C-Clip Eliminator KitNitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wd

Unread 03-21-2011, 10:44 AM   #331
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Hey matt! You around this weekend? I could definitely use another set of hands. The motor is 100% prepped for pulling. just gotta hook it up and hoist it out!

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2011, 10:49 AM   #332
VegasMatt

2008 JK Wrangler 

Yeah, I should have a little free time one day or the other. Let me know.
97 TJ SE (RIP)
97 R850R (sold)
98 CBR 600F3 (sold)
VegasMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-21-2011, 08:22 PM   #333
Tagsrover
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Hey everyone, just wanted to introduce myself. I moved to Vegas about a week ago from Florida. I've got a 99 TJ that I was building for mud, but I guess I'm gonna have to start building it for rocks now

Still waiting on my Jeep to get shipped here, hopefully in the next couple days. But i would love to get out and ride with some people too, really have no idea where to go yet.

Anyway, here are some pics (before the bumper+winch install):

My Jeep club in Florida:

Tagsrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2011, 11:25 AM   #334
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Welcome!

As you can see, it seems like every few weekends some of us are going out somewhere or other.

I'll definitely be making more frequent runs as soon as I get my drive train back in the truck.

Check in on this thread every so often and you'll see people posting for meet ups

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 03-22-2011, 11:54 PM   #335
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I can't decide what to do...

3" lift package from rustys that includes 31" tires.

Or get a 2" budget boost and get 30s to keep it simple.

Budget minded as well. That's why I was thinking the second option
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2011, 11:58 PM   #336
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

why wouldnt you do 3" with 31's?

Quote:

Unread 03-23-2011, 12:01 AM   #337
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

$1500 (with potential of needing more parts) vs $900 (straight forward)
other stuff
Unread 03-23-2011, 03:24 AM   #338
LVLF4LO
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJared View Post
I can't decide what to do...

3" lift package from rustys that includes 31" tires.

Or get a 2" budget boost and get 30s to keep it simple.

Budget minded as well. That's why I was thinking the second option
What kinda wheelin are you doin??? I understand bein budget minded, were not ballin, or we'd own H2's right??? But anyways, do it right the first time and dont settle for what you dont want cause what you want is a little more expensive. Do it right the first time takes money, but you end up saving money in the long run too.
LVLF4LO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2011, 11:55 AM   #339
Tagsrover
1999 TJ Wrangler 

From what I've seen before, lots of people start with the budget boost, but then decide that they want to go more. At that point you end up spending 900 + 1500 and it is the most expensive.

I say go with the 3 inch lift. You get better flex, your jeep will look better, it'll probably be cheaper in the long haul, and it will be more noticeablely lifted aka more fun and easier to quantify the price
Tagsrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2011, 01:45 PM   #340
LVLF4LO
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Oh, I have some family coming into town this weekend and they wanna go wheelin. So were probly gonna go saturday, but nothing set in stone. Ill keep yall posted for those who wanna go.
LVLF4LO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2011, 03:34 PM   #341
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I just want something thats more capable than stock. i'm not going to do anything extreme....
other stuff
Unread 03-23-2011, 06:52 PM   #342
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

thats what you say now....trust us. its like a TV, go as big as you can afford, because the more you look at it (wheel it) the smaller its gonna seem!

Quote:

Unread 03-23-2011, 07:12 PM   #343
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I already know the bug.....lol. Its just hard dropping $1500 into a Jeep I paid $1700 for.....
other stuff
Unread 03-23-2011, 07:17 PM   #344
RogerG
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
thats what you say now....trust us. its like a TV, go as big as you can afford, because the more you look at it (wheel it) the smaller its gonna seem!
Ha!! Thats exactly what happened to me.Got a 2" bb on my JK then ended up going with 4" ...of course tires has to match the lift.

06 Jeep Rubicon w/5.5" Teraflex long arm + 1" body lift rolling on 35-12.5-17 BFG KM2 on 7031 ProComp Alloys
RogerG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-23-2011, 09:34 PM   #345
VegasMatt

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJared View Post
I already know the bug.....lol. Its just hard dropping $1500 into a Jeep I paid $1700 for.....
Haha we were just talking about this...throwing more money into a Jeep than you even paid for it. I think Andrew's past the point of no return now.

My advice on a lift would be, get the best quality lift you can afford. I went with the absolute cheapest 2.5" that I could find, and even though it's more $, I shoulda saved for the OME kit.

If I could start my build over, my priorities would be armor>lockers>gears>tires>lift. Currently I am bogged down repairing stuff that shoulda been armored.
97 TJ SE (RIP)
97 R850R (sold)
98 CBR 600F3 (sold)
VegasMatt is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.