Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 2296 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Flowmaster Overstock: Special Holiday Pricing!!!!Thanksgiving holiday sale in effect @ oconeeoffroad.com2" Lift Kits for JK, TJ, XJ, WJ~$125.00 w/free shippi

Unread 01-13-2014, 07:51 AM   #34426
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
I am just going to rent it out.
I'm over that adventure! I'd rather have my house empty and pay two payments before I rent it out again! Especially being a house out of state that you can't simply drive by on occasion. I'll use it as a weekend home basically if it doesn't sell. Heck, I'm gonna take my dirt bike out with me this next weekend and squeeze in at least one ride for a little bit of fun. It'll be my 4th weekend in a row of working on the house and I've had free labor out there for 2 weeks straight as well and we're just now finishing it up.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-13-2014, 10:13 AM   #34427
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Yeah but the rental market in town here is a little bit different than out in bfe
Unread 01-13-2014, 10:23 AM   #34428
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3
Yeah but the rental market in town here is a little bit different than out in bfe
Yeah, it's much more convenient to have a meth lab close to town rather than in the middle of nowhere.
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-13-2014, 10:23 AM   #34429
sirhk100

Yes, instead of hillbillies you get druggies...

Unread 01-13-2014, 10:23 AM   #34430
sirhk100

LOL, bonez and me at the sametime!!! winning!

View looking down my "driveway"...

Unread 01-13-2014, 10:47 AM   #34431
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

There are good renters out there too. Esp with my location to creech. Heck there were two pilots renting across the street for a few years. I just have to research and find a good management company that does a good background check.
Unread 01-13-2014, 10:50 AM   #34432
sirhk100

Just accept the fact that your house will likely be burned to the ground in the end or confiscated by the DEA and then renting it is no biggie. I now just own a weekend home that I will use as my offroad weekend get a way spot! Great staging area for dirt bikes or offroad runs to Jerome, Sedona, Williams, etc... Heck, maybe I should move the new paper weight in my garage out there once I finish cleaning it up to get it outta my way since it's going to be a while till I can actually make real progress on it! LOL (I hope this house sells!!!!)

Unread 01-13-2014, 10:52 AM   #34433
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Just asking again: Anyone have a 13/16 dril bit and a m22x1.5 tap? and maybe a milling machine or belt sander??

I need to do this...The video is supposed to start at 2:30.

YouTube (Short URL)
?start=" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-13-2014, 01:27 PM   #34434
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor0206
Throw it in the danger ranger and bring it to the scrapper. I'm sure its worth a 20
Turned out to be $6.99....lame

Oh well free lunch I guess

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-13-2014, 01:47 PM   #34435
sirhk100

For reference... This got me $240 so I'm not sure what kinda gold you thought the appliance would've been made of? And if you put injectors and some random missing parts that you helped me strip off it, it would've ran...

Many used appliance shops will take them and refurb them and sell them for cheap to someone else. I just had a fridge, dryer, microwave, coffee maker and a stereo picked up from my Az house for free. I didn't lift a finger, they just came and got it all from my house. Let them do the work...

Unread 01-13-2014, 04:10 PM   #34436
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

i dont particularly like strangers seeing my house, but then again, I'm paranoid.

I have a friend of a friend coming to pick up that table and chairs tonight and i'm all stressed about it.

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-13-2014, 05:24 PM   #34437
sirhk100

Seriously???? I think you and power should probably go start your own township somewhere up near Rachel, Nv. From the front of your house even with your garage open... No offense but the classics ain't exactly sema show rides and there's nothing in plain sight of the front of your house that screams this dude has something I want! I'm not saying invite people into your house but really??? In my opinion, the biggest invite to issues you have is the fact you live in a nice hood. I'd automatically assume maybe you're rich.

I've gotta $30K race truck sitting in my sideyard that I'm sure by now EVERYONE on my street is well aware of and anyone could hop in and likely start with a screwdriver. I'm more worried about the trailer being stolen though! LOL

I wish there was a way to quantify how scary the world really is to some of you guys cause yall sometimes really make me wonder!!!

BTW, my back door is unlocked right now!!! I don't wanna have to fix damage someone does breaking in of course!!!

Unread 01-13-2014, 05:33 PM   #34438
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

To me I do not have that much that is worth stealing. Then again, some people do get hard up. I am honestly not worried about it because I work from home, I have a gated courtyard area with a gate that I do not grease on purpose, I work with my windows open (except when I am squeezing one off), and I have a good 45 rounds of ammo that can be projected in that general direction within a few seconds.
Unread 01-13-2014, 05:55 PM   #34439
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I think it's more of a dangerous town for people who are out and about for their jobs. We drive around all the time and aren't in an office. We see all the wrecks, police activity, and low life element on a constant basis. It's a higher exposure concentration than most people get when they work at a single location. I'm just speculating, though of course.
Unread 01-13-2014, 06:02 PM   #34440
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
I think it's more of a dangerous town for people who are out and about for their jobs. We drive around all the time and aren't in an office. We see all the wrecks, police activity, and low life element on a constant basis. It's a higher exposure concentration than most people get when they work at a single location. I'm just speculating, though of course.
This is true. I have seen everything but a homicide. In california i had my delvery van full of tvs jacked at gun point.
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.