Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 2286 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!!

Unread 01-06-2014, 04:25 PM   #34276
sirhk100

Looking at the research I've done it'll be interesting to see how things go with mine. My price should be pretty good for my situation but the area in general seems hit and miss on sales. Something cheap and in good shape may sit on the market for 6 months while something beat and overpriced is in escrow in less then 2 weeks to the opposite stories... Seems like no rhyme or reason. I'm going to leave it empty for virtually as long as I possibly can. I'd rather not put another tenant in it. I think I can handle it on the market for about 2 years till things really got super ugly on my side but we'll see. It'll be a good weekend home till it sells at the very least. Sick of Vegas? LOL, I'll bail to BFE northern Az for a weekend here or there to clear my mind! It'll be a great excuse to put some miles on the dirt bike again finally cause the riding straight from my property out there is badass... Granted, looks like I'll need to cut the trails in again as from what I can tell, nobody out there even rides them anymore.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-06-2014, 04:27 PM   #34277
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Good luck, I hope you can make some money on it.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-06-2014, 05:09 PM   #34278
sirhk100

Well, technically I'll be loosing money as I paid about $30K more then what I'll be listing it at. But... I currently owe quite a bit less then what I'm listing it at so while in the grand scheme I am loosing about $30K on it, I really wouldn't complain if I did pocket some excess change from the sale for what it sells at that I don't owe on it.

Unread 01-06-2014, 06:23 PM   #34279
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMCKEIG
Hey Andy, You still want those hid lights and kits? The package now has 2 7" Hella Rally 4000s with two separate hid kits, 1 is 35 watt with ballasts and 1 pair of H1 bulbs, the other is the 100 watt kit with ballasts and TWO pairs of H1 bulbs (they sent me two pair my mistake). Make me an offer besides used pizza and midgets and other ish!
Sending you a text.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-06-2014, 06:50 PM   #34280
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

On a sadder note

I would like everyone to keep my garage in their prayers. Today my 10 + year old floor jack from Sam's club finally bit the dust. Yes, one of the wheels actually came off. I find my self asking why... why... an autopsy later on in the week will determine if it actually was the wheel that my **** eating neighbor in Texas swapped out for his, like the shady ***-clown that he was. Floor jack, you were good for me. It will be hard to find a replacement that can hold up to my abuse for over the next 10 years.
Unread 01-06-2014, 07:28 PM   #34281
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
On a sadder note

I would like everyone to keep my garage in their prayers. Today my 10 + year old floor jack from Sam's club finally bit the dust. Yes, one of the wheels actually came off. I find my self asking why... why... an autopsy later on in the week will determine if it actually was the wheel that my **** eating neighbor in Texas swapped out for his, like the shady ***-clown that he was. Floor jack, you were good for me. It will be hard to find a replacement that can hold up to my abuse for over the next 10 years.
I had a jack that I've had since I was 13 take a crap on me last year.... sucks!
Raptor0206 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2014, 12:59 PM   #34282
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregaf3 View Post
On a sadder note

Off to harbor freight you do!

Illegitimi Non Carborundum

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2014, 01:08 PM   #34283
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Okay, question time.

You guys know me, my jeep, and the type of driving/trail riding I do. FWIW, the most intense trail i have ever done is Potato Ridge, and that was 3 years ago when I first bought the wag. No idea if I'd ever even try it again. Most of my trail riding would be backroading. Wheeler pass, mormon well, cottonwood canyon, carpenter canyon, etc.

Not sure when but I'll likely be looking into new tires in the next year or two. The reason this is pertainent right now, is because I'm going to just suck it up and buy a new spare. This means I want to use the new spare as one of my 4 tires when the time comes for new, so I only have to use 3, and one of my used mud's will go in the trunk as the spare. Make sense?

So, the question is.

BFG KM2's or AT's?

AT's would likely wear better, and should be better road manners (I don't really know, never owned a set). the road manners (noise/handling) is somewhat important because i drive alot on the streets, and use it for long trips sometimes. the less noisy and rattly the better.

Mud's will obviously perform better off pavement. And will still last longer than I need them to, but they are louder, and a lil more expensive.

Do you all think I would lose anything by switching to AT's? I have never driven them offroad so don't know if they suck compared to Muds, or if the difference would even matter for somebody like me.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 01-07-2014, 01:12 PM   #34284
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

I really liked the BFG A/T's I had on my zj. They were just a tad noisier then highway slicks on road. They worked fine for me off road as well. I've never had km2's but I plan on replacing the duratracs on my truck with a/t's just because they are so damn loud.
Unread 01-07-2014, 01:14 PM   #34285
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

I mean, i know alot of people that do more and harder wheeling than I do, but are running AT's

Unread 01-07-2014, 01:19 PM   #34286
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

The km2's do look great on your jeep, but the A/t's will give it a more period look.
Unread 01-07-2014, 01:27 PM   #34287
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Yes, i do think they look awesome, but whether or not they are necessary or beneficial to my type of driving (99% road, 1% back road, with lots of highway) is the question.

Anybody wanna buy a set of 33x10.50's? haha. Also have a set of rims, 5x5.5

Unread 01-07-2014, 01:31 PM   #34288
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

My dad plans to do the same kind of wheeling as you and I just told him this morning to buy the BFG A/T KO's. I had them before the KM2's and I loved them. I was torn when I bought the KM2's and sometimes wish I had the KO's instead.
matthew900 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2014, 01:37 PM   #34289
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Get the general grabbers in 33x10.5. I love mine and they are pretty quiet on the road. But, either way I vote ATs for what you do.
MMCKEIG is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2014, 01:39 PM   #34290
sirhk100

A/T's without a doubt... Next time I need tires on my expo, if I can't find a deal I'll be going BFG A/T's.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.