Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 2281 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Reply
Unread 01-04-2014, 01:51 PM   #34201
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer
 
Dr. Marneaus's Avatar
1973 FSJ Wagoneer 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 10,478
Tommy rockers 4 pm

__________________
Andrew

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2014, 02:58 PM   #34202
B0nez
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 1,970
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoJared
Let's try that again...
Video Link: http://youtu.be/fMKW7U93Y4Q

Posted from outer space.
I've got a sawsall, cutoff tool and a milling file and bench vice that we could get it done pretty decent with, but it would take some time and patience. I don't have a tap that big.

I am home and avail now until 05:30 or 6 ish if you want to get working on it here. Text if you are interested.
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2014, 03:18 PM   #34203
PhotoJared
Registered User
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 1,557
Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez View Post
I've got a sawsall, cutoff tool and a milling file and bench vice that we could get it done pretty decent with, but it would take some time and patience. I don't have a tap that big.

I am home and avail now until 05:30 or 6 ish if you want to get working on it here. Text if you are interested.
Oh I need to order the piece first. Thanks for the offer
__________________
'99 XJ Sport
RE 3.5"
31s
other stuff
PhotoJared is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2014, 11:22 PM   #34204
Powrjunkey
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Las vegas, Nevada
Posts: 4,476
Got the HIDs wired up and tested. They really do light up the night! lol I just need to run the wiring from the ballasts to the lights in a permanent fashion. I may have to get rid of the other hilts I have! The HID is a way brighter and whiter light. The ballast hum at first bothered, but they seem to quiet down after they warm up.
__________________
The difference between stupidity and ignorance. Ignorance is doing something wrong and not knowing better. Stupidity is knowing better, but doing it anyway. Don't be stupid!
Powrjunkey is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2014, 11:29 PM   #34205
matthew900
Senior Member
 
matthew900's Avatar
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 931
Soooooo, anyone have a np231 transfer case sitting around.........
matthew900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2014, 11:39 PM   #34206
friskeljr
Registered User
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Posts: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew900 View Post
Soooooo, anyone have a np231 transfer case sitting around.........
I think I might.
__________________
USAF Medic SSgt
The real test comes when all strength has fled and man must produce victory on will alone...
friskeljr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2014, 11:47 PM   #34207
Puck81
Web Wheeler
 
Puck81's Avatar
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: las vegas, nv
Posts: 2,137
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew900 View Post
Soooooo, anyone have a np231 transfer case sitting around.........
What time you starting tomorrow?
Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2014, 01:12 AM   #34208
matthew900
Senior Member
 
matthew900's Avatar
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 931
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81 View Post
What time you starting tomorrow?
Probably around 10. Going to run over to Harbor Freight first and get some large jack stands so give me a holler if you head over. I'm tired of using my small jackstands on cinderblocks.
matthew900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2014, 07:37 AM   #34209
Powrjunkey
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Las vegas, Nevada
Posts: 4,476
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew900
Soooooo, anyone have a np231 transfer case sitting around.........
I've got the front half of the case lying around, lol.
__________________
The difference between stupidity and ignorance. Ignorance is doing something wrong and not knowing better. Stupidity is knowing better, but doing it anyway. Don't be stupid!
Powrjunkey is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2014, 09:13 AM   #34210
lockedwheels
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 614
Had a blast yesterday.. I ended up getting two cracks in my fuel cell, broke my center cap on my rear passenger rim, and sheared a bolt on my control arm which was fixed with a torx wrench and tape. My wife however is officially a bada$$ bought her JKUR night prior at 6pm, we hit the trails at 1030am. She wheeled the snot out of it. She walked away with nothing but skid plate scrapes.

lockedwheels is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2014, 10:06 AM   #34211
matthew900
Senior Member
 
matthew900's Avatar
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 931
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
I've got the front half of the case lying around, lol.
I'm pulling it today to see what broke, I may actually need that if it's from a TJ because if mine is broken and I can't find a TJ case that's the one part I'll need to make an xj one work.
matthew900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2014, 10:34 AM   #34212
gregaf3
Registered User
2013 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Germany
Posts: 3,617
Quote:
Originally Posted by lockedwheels View Post
Had a blast yesterday.. I ended up getting two cracks in my fuel cell, broke my center cap on my rear passenger rim, and sheared a bolt on my control arm which was fixed with a torx wrench and tape. My wife however is officially a bada$$ bought her JKUR night prior at 6pm, we hit the trails at 1030am. She wheeled the snot out of it. She walked away with nothing but skid plate scrapes.
I am still amazed where a stock jkur can go with good lines. If your 10 is an automatic then you better look into installing a trans cooler.
__________________
Professional Slacker
gregaf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2014, 10:44 AM   #34213
B0nez
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 1,970
Quote:
Originally Posted by lockedwheels
Had a blast yesterday.. I ended up getting two cracks in my fuel cell, broke my center cap on my rear passenger rim, and sheared a bolt on my control arm which was fixed with a torx wrench and tape. My wife however is officially a bada$$ bought her JKUR night prior at 6pm, we hit the trails at 1030am. She wheeled the snot out of it. She walked away with nothing but skid plate scrapes.
Sorry I missed it, but dang if that ain't a purty redneck trail fix!
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2014, 11:36 AM   #34214
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer
 
Dr. Marneaus's Avatar
1973 FSJ Wagoneer 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 10,478
Haha. Awesome trail fix
__________________
Andrew

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2014, 12:17 PM   #34215
lockedwheels
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 614
Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez View Post

Sorry I missed it, but dang if that ain't a purty redneck trail fix!
Yeah.. I can't take the credit for that one.
lockedwheels is online now   Reply With Quote




Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.