Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 2280 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 01-03-2014, 01:10 PM   #34186
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
So.

Before 10am on our first business day of the year, I have secured 2 contracts that add up to more than 25% of my total sales from last year.

One of these contracts is more than 2x my previous largest job. The other, will total out to nearly 4x my largest job ever. I am absolutely psyched, it will be fun and challenging managing these jobs. And this is a huge step for us as a company.

How's that for a new year?
Good job Marn! I bet El Jeffe is very happy with you.

Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2014, 01:20 PM   #34187
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Good on you Marn, do you get a commission? If so awesome just keep it goin and don't stop. Make it a huge year!
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2014, 01:32 PM   #34188
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
Good on you Marn, do you get a commission? If so awesome just keep it goin and don't stop. Make it a huge year!
I do get commission, but commission is based on profit (I'm not straight commission because I do alot more than sales). So, if I ensure that the jobs come in and make the company money, I ensure that I make me money.

Either way its just great to get a running start. normally we struggle and often lose money in jan/feb. Now i can hopefully keep a bag log of work through the spring summer and into the fall, and just kill it all year long.

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2014, 01:35 PM   #34189
sirhk100

Quote:
Too bad there is still a woman who will want time!
I don't comprehend the problem from your shoes, sounds like it's her problem...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2014, 01:43 PM   #34190
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I do get commission, but commission is based on profit (I'm not straight commission because I do alot more than sales). So, if I ensure that the jobs come in and make the company money, I ensure that I make me money.
Congrats on the sales! I wish we did commissions like that in our industry, I waste way too much time dealing with shady sales shenanigans.
matthew900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2014, 01:52 PM   #34191
andy02
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio
I would be more then happy to have you show me what it can do. I'm not a huge fan of playing with others cars just due to the possibility of what could happen. Right now I've only got my slash left, and have thought about either a summit or getting into an e-maxx.
Doesn't matter to me. The car that is below the Summit, I had for less than 24 hours before a friend of mine lost control and sent it off a cliff. He was horrified, I laughed. After that, I ripped the guts out of it and rebuilt it. If I swap the gears in it, I can get it to do 75 MPH. it is a ***** to control like that so I have it geared to hit about 55 right now. When I was home on leave, I had one of my little brothers planes up in the air for all of 3 seconds before I sent it hurtling back towards Earth never to be flown again. The point is that there is nothing you could do to it that I couldn't do myself and even if something were to happen to it, it means that I either have an opportunity to upgrade or use the electronics in a different project.

Honestly, it would give me an excuse to make that car run at 75 again. I could take an extra servo and use it to give me manual control over the cars transmission. With that, I would program the radio for dual rates so that when I put the car into high gear, the steering wasn't as sensitive.

Its so short ****s like me and you can still get in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ACR View Post
My issue was I couldn't get the balls centered. I had to use some extra force to get everything lined up right. It didn't take me long.

September 11 2001
Never Forget!
andy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2014, 02:04 PM   #34192
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

everybody go look in the "new vegas meeting spot" thread and offer input.

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2014, 02:14 PM   #34193
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

You guys should just meet at Tommy Rockers on Dean Martin. It's an easy central location and their food is pretty decent.
MMCKEIG is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2014, 07:00 PM   #34194
lockedwheels
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Got it...
lockedwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2014, 07:21 PM   #34195
dmgiff
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Damn Locked... sweet ride. I like. Congrats.
dmgiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2014, 07:29 PM   #34196
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Yes, very nice! What year? 12?
Unread 01-03-2014, 08:01 PM   #34197
lockedwheels
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmgiff View Post
Damn Locked... sweet ride. I like. Congrats.
Thanks, she likes it too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Yes, very nice! What year? 12?
It's a 2010
lockedwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2014, 11:30 PM   #34198
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Does anyone have a belt sander? Or something I could grind down a temp sensor with? Maybe also has a large thread tap? I need to do this to a temp sensor. Starting at 2:27
YouTube (Short URL)
?start=" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>
Posted from outer space.

Just ordered my replacement radiator and brown dog motor mounts.
other stuff
PhotoJared is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2014, 12:26 PM   #34199
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Congrats Marneous & Locked! Thats some great news!

Jared, I might have some stuff that will work, but I have no idea what you are trying to link in the video, all I get is a fat guy singing about gift wrapping when I click it.
B0nez is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2014, 01:43 PM   #34200
PhotoJared
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Let's try that again...
YouTube (Short URL)
?start=" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>

Posted from outer space.
other stuff
PhotoJared is online now   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

jeep parts

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.