Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

2M views 42K replies 144 participants last post by  terrasmak 
#1 ·
I figured since the other thread started out as talking about making a club, and what clubs are available, we should have a thread that's just dedicated to setting up trail runs.

The title says it all, and it'll be less cluttered.

So, the 9/18/10 Run to Potato Ridge was a success!

Next item on the schedule is Logandale on 10/23/10 according to McRoberts. Seems like we have a few interested parties! Who all is planning to attend?

If there is anything in the meantime, or someone local wants another rig to ride with them, just post up and see if anyone is available!

#4,541 ·
Powrjunkey said:
Oh, and BS las Vegas I a 25 hour town! Home depot closes at 8 on Sunday?!?!?!? What a bunch of lazy night-havin-off bungholios! What do you do if you have a water leak and don't wanna mortgage the car to call a plumber? Hello channel locks and gorilla muscles!!
Maybe home depot closes early but wal-mart is 24/7 here and they carry some things to help with leaks. Some Ace hardwares used to stay open pretty late. Just suggestions

#4,544 ·
Puck81 said:
Uhhh guys... You DO realize that you are friends with a plumber right??? Just sayin'....
I'm going to keep that in mind puck. My wife and I are going with the realtor next week to find a new house. I found a freakin awesome place with a 3 car garage and 2 car shop in the back yard with RV parking in the NW for $160,000. We haven't seen it in person but I'm losing sleep over it already. I hope it's as good as it is in my head.

#4,545 ·
I thought of u puck, but didn't want u to think I was using u as a parts store. Need 2 clothes washer shutoffs. Basically hose bibs in 3/4 mpt, I believe got it to stop leaking, so HD in the morn.

#4,549 ·
Uhhh guys... You DO realize that you are friends with a plumber right??? Just sayin'....
I'll try to remember that for future use. I may not need the faucet hose. After I couldn't find one anywhere that is just a few inches longer, I popped the rubber washers off, cleaned them up really good, and added a bunch of plumbers tape to it. Got up this morning and it was dry. Fixed for now.

I do need two toilet fill assembly sets. Where is the cheapest place to get those?

Random memory: Way back in the day, I kept seeing guys in suits hanging around before we deployed. When I asked, I was told they were plumbers. Figured out later they were CIA.

#4,550 ·
Fill valves can be had cheap at any hardware store, however if the toilet you are working on has the 1PC angle stop/supply line make sure to replace that too. They become brittle over time due to our water here in Vegas. If you don't know how to replace it let me know. I live by Pollock and Windmill.

#4,553 ·
You sure it was fireworks? Is there an MLK in Henderson?
They were fireworks. And no, there isn't a MLK anywhere nearby, but I live on the edge of the desert, and some of my neighbors are interesting. If this were the 1870's my neighborhood would resemble a Clint Eastwood western more than anything from a Jane Austin novel.

#4,555 ·
...there isn't a MLK anywhere nearby, but I live on the edge of the desert, and some of my neighbors are interesting. If this were the 1870's my neighborhood would resemble a Clint Eastwood western more than anything from a Jane Austin novel.
I guess MLK's are only in old cities and Henderson is relatively new. Happy Black History Month by the way.

That Clint Eastwood commercial is proving to be controversial. Speculation is that Chrysler is returning the favor to Obama for the bailouts. I saw it as completely opposite. I didn't find it very flattering of Obama at all.

#4,556 ·
Anyone try the LED back up lights by KC? I can't find any websites with any reviews
No first hand experience with those persay but KC is one of the leaders in aftermarket lighting and LED lights are pretty badass these days so IMO if they're what you want, I personally wouldn't hesitate to gamble on them. I really doubt they'll let you down in brightness and function or quality.

Wed evening can't get here fast enough!!! KOH!!!

#4,559 ·
What size tires you planning to run out of curiosity? I've got a 3" or 4" (not really sure which) on mine and am on 35" tires. I can't decide if I want to stay on 35's though or bump back down to 33's. I have a 1" body lift in the garage to put on it someday if I decide to stick with the 35's but I'm sorta in decisive...

#4,560 ·
sirhk100 said:
No first hand experience with those persay but KC is one of the leaders in aftermarket lighting and LED lights are pretty badass these days so IMO if they're what you want, I personally wouldn't hesitate to gamble on them. I really doubt they'll let you down in brightness and function or quality.

Wed evening can't get here fast enough!!! KOH!!!
I've used LED lights for speciality lighting around the house for parties, I wondered about usage of the bulbs, ability to handle weather, road vibration, etc. I'm sure the brightness vs energy draw is a great advantage over traditional bulbs.....just a bit worried that there are no reviews yet, I know the technology is relatively new for consumer use though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.