Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 2279 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

THE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsCurrie

Unread 01-03-2014, 04:37 AM   #34171
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockedwheels
Whats up Bonez ! Tie rod this weekend ???
How's it going Locked? Unfortunately I gotta work so I won't be able to witness your fearless awesomeness. If David shows up (blue YJ on 40's) make sure you ask him to give you the hard lines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus

Lettering is all decals. Other than that it was white plastic when I got it :-)

Thanks haha. For some reason it sits a little low in the back and I was all 'I gotta pop the sprigs loose and put some sort of riser in there to level it out' and then thought to myself 'wait.....this could get ugly!' Haha.

No but thanks guys. I know its just a dumb hobby but I had alot of fun building it, and look forward to doing more. Hell, its wayyyyyy cheaper than guns and real cars. But wait... It's not way cheaper when you still pay for guns and real cars AND models lol.
I think it looks great! Not dumb at all

B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2014, 07:05 AM   #34172
gregaf3
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lockedwheels View Post
Gregaf, did you get this PM?? I resent it to you.
Yeah I got it. Get those bums to decide on a new monthly meeting place and I will bring it there.
Unread 01-03-2014, 08:10 AM   #34173
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
No but thanks guys. I know its just a dumb hobby but I had alot of fun building it, and look forward to doing more. Hell, its wayyyyyy cheaper than guns and real cars. But wait... It's not way cheaper when you still pay for guns and real cars AND models lol.
What other ones are you building/have built?

I'm blown away at the parts they're making for DIY RC car builders that are working from scratch rather then building from a kit!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2014, 09:55 AM   #34174
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

The RC crawlers are getting out of hand. Some of the guys I was wheeling with in Florida could have bought a cheap XJ for what they had in their RC Crawlers.
matthew900 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2014, 10:57 AM   #34175
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Khris you are no longer a lone flip phoner on the forum.
image-3717594218.jpg

ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2014, 11:35 AM   #34176
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02
I like it. It is a good compromise between crawling and going fast. If you want to drive it, let me know and I'll bring it along next time we have a get together.
I would be more then happy to have you show me what it can do. I'm not a huge fan of playing with others cars just due to the possibility of what could happen. Right now I've only got my slash left, and have thought about either a summit or getting into an e-maxx.
Unread 01-03-2014, 11:36 AM   #34177
sirhk100

Welcome to the darkside and a life or ridicule while you laugh at people that can't socialize with those around them face to face but rather stare at their hands endlessly while in public. Smartphones are pretty much a disease. LOL

Let me guess though, you took the picture with a smartphone? LOL

(don't get so offended guys! You're way too attached to your phones! LOL)

I may be upgrading to a newer dumb phone soon myself. Need to go see what my options are.

Unread 01-03-2014, 11:48 AM   #34178
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

It is our new work phones. I get to keep the iPhone as my personal line in addition to the new work phone. When we showed up at the shop and my boss was handing them out the youngest guy asked if it was a beeper.
Unread 01-03-2014, 12:19 PM   #34179
sirhk100

LOL, he know what a beeper was?

Funny part is to me, I can totally 100% see where the smart phones have a place in the work place. But for personal use... Sorry, I don't need access to everything all the time anywhere, that's just my personal opinion so it's the choice I make.

Unread 01-03-2014, 12:23 PM   #34180
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
LOL, he know what a beeper was?
he didn't he asked if it was one of those things that tells you who to call back.
Unread 01-03-2014, 12:36 PM   #34181
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy02 View Post
As long as you enjoy it, it is not a stupid hobby.

One of my hobbies has been RC for a long time. The second picture is a wing for a Spitfire that I am currently building. Hope to have it in the air in the next week or two.
Now, RC is something I'd LOVE to get into.....but my pockets do not run that deep, and my relationship would suffer, haha.

Guns, jeeps, models, RC, the dog....no time for woman.

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-03-2014, 12:37 PM   #34182
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
Khris you are no longer a lone flip phoner on the forum.
When I started working here, the second phone they gave me (i dont even remember the first) was a motorola Razr. This was in like 2011....lol.

Quote:
Well it ain't just the smoke and the traffic jam that makes me the bitter fool I am But this four-wheel buggy is A-dollaring me to death.
For gas and oils and fluids and grease, And wires and tires and anti freeze....And them accessories, Well honey, that's something else!
Well I figured it up and over a period of time, This four thousand dollar car of mine, Cost fourteen thousand dollars And ninety-nine cents, well now!
- Jerry Reed

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 01-03-2014, 12:38 PM   #34183
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

So.

Before 10am on our first business day of the year, I have secured 2 contracts that add up to more than 25% of my total sales from last year.

One of these contracts is more than 2x my previous largest job. The other, will total out to nearly 4x my largest job ever. I am absolutely psyched, it will be fun and challenging managing these jobs. And this is a huge step for us as a company.

How's that for a new year?

Quote:
- Jerry Reed

Unread 01-03-2014, 12:43 PM   #34184
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
N
Guns, jeeps, models, RC, the dog....no time for woman.
Ahhhh, the simple life!!!

Congrats on the job gigs Marn!

Unread 01-03-2014, 12:51 PM   #34185
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Ahhhh, the simple life!!!

Congrats on the job gigs Marn!

Too bad there is still a woman who will want time!

And thanks.

Quote:
- Jerry Reed

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.