Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 2258 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 12-20-2013, 12:15 PM   #33856
Puck81
Web Wheeler

2000 XJ Cherokee 

Got a question for the suspention gurus.

Why would a person use long lower control arms and the stock uppers on a TJ?

What company would sell some thing like that, that would bind up mid flex and use tiny tubes for arms ant how?

Puck81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2013, 12:25 PM   #33857
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

You forget that after the employer and you get taxed on your bonus, you get taxed again as you spend it. I have to register my truck and the gov. serv. tax is 4 times the registration fee! Tell me how that makes sense.
On a more positive note harry reid is in the hospital.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2013, 12:26 PM   #33858
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

XJ Tech is --------------> that way!

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2013, 12:31 PM   #33859
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81
Got a question for the suspention gurus. Why would a person use long lower control arms and the stock uppers on a TJ? What company would sell some thing like that, that would bind up mid flex and use tiny tubes for arms ant how?
You forget that the upper control arms have much less travel and they really keep the axle centered in the axle movement. The long arm allows the axle to flex from side to side, while the center stays in a relative place. Did you take a geometry or physics class in high school, that's pretty basic stuff! Haha
MMCKEIG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2013, 12:33 PM   #33860
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor0206 View Post

Bonez have you checked your toe in?
Larry found a bad tie rod end and wallowed pitman arm and swapped them out for me. We also lowered the tire pressure a bit and checked alignment and it seems to have helped eliminate a lot of it, but the wheel/tires are most likely still contributing
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2013, 12:49 PM   #33861
Garza
Vendor

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck81
Got a question for the suspention gurus. Why would a person use long lower control arms and the stock uppers on a TJ? What company would sell some thing like that, that would bind up mid flex and use tiny tubes for arms ant how?
I'm going to assume your talking about a y-link style junk RE has sold for years? The reason why they sell it is because people will buy it....and most wont question it. Internet lore has ruined many, many things and the terms long arm and LCOG are right up there at the top!
Garza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2013, 01:07 PM   #33862
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

LOL, I don't even mention LCOG when talking about my rig in the TJ section, I will get flamed if I do. I mentioned it a couple times early on when I was collecting info for my build and learned my lesson.

“Everyone has to have at least 35’s because I do and it’s the only way to go. I have to justify why my build is the best and only right way to go.”
matthew900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2013, 03:30 PM   #33863
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

So THAT'S why everyone keep trying to get me to get 35's on mine!? Never mind it's an additional $500 over a set of 33's! I do just fine with mine(mostly,) thank you. Maybe some day, I'll spring for 35's, but not yet.
Unread 12-20-2013, 03:34 PM   #33864
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey
So THAT'S why everyone keep trying to get me to get 35's on mine!? Never mind it's an additional $500 over a set of 33's! I do just fine with mine(mostly,) thank you. Maybe some day, I'll spring for 35's, but not yet.

Earl doesn't do 35s! Haha
Unread 12-20-2013, 03:39 PM   #33865
Roobicon
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
f'realz.

They got 20% of mine :-( Sons-a-*****es!

Be careful, the NSA is reading all of this.
Gentlemen, I got hit at 32% on my bonus.
Unread 12-20-2013, 03:41 PM   #33866
sirhk100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roobicon View Post
Winning!!!!

And power, you're behind the curve man... Just go to 37's and get on with it... By the time you get to 35's you'll still be behind everyone else!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2013, 03:59 PM   #33867
Raptor0206
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powrjunkey View Post
Treadwrights are cheaper
Raptor0206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2013, 04:00 PM   #33868
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100 View Post
Winning!!!!

And power, you're behind the curve man... Just go to 37's and get on with it... By the time you get to 35's you'll still be behind everyone else!
Screw that, get those tractor tires they use on the monster trucks. Then you'll feel like a real man.
matthew900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2013, 04:02 PM   #33869
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roobicon View Post

That just means you make more than me, higher bracket or whatever right?

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-20-2013, 04:05 PM   #33870
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus
That just means you make more than me, higher bracket or whatever right?
That's right peasant! Haha

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.