Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread - Page 2249 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > South West USA > Nevada Jeep Forum > Chat - The Official Las Vegas/Southern Nevada Chat Thread

15 x 8 Black D-Window Steel Wheels Set of 4Magnaflow SS Cat Back Exhaust System, Street, High ClearanRCV Heavy Duty Axle Shafts Now Shipping at Baseline4x4.com

Unread 12-18-2013, 12:16 PM   #33721
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez View Post
Just a thought on the rims Matt, if you are going to be really really picky about them, they are going to be even harder to find (i.e. expensive) and replace if something gets damaged down the road, err.. trail when it inevitably gets ground into a rock. It would be in your best interest to just get something that is common that will work until its so damaged you can pick up another one for cheap, or get a quality one that is already armored against the rocks or that can be modified (i.e. weld in rock rings)

Those steel ones with some rock rings welded in would fit the bill nicely. That's just my 2 cents though
I was thinking about rock rings but I'm worried they will throw the balance off at highway speeds. I definitely don't want to go bigger than 7 inches because I also want the narrower rim to help keep the bead when I'm aired down. If I buy new I'm buying 6 rims, that way I'll have a second spare to pack in the truck for trips like the last one where I killed a wheel on the first day.
If my junkyard search turns up nothing Im leaning towards these unless someone can get me a better price or recommend a better wheel at a similar price.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/390718286620
I like the old school solid look though Im concerned I might have heat issues with the brakes due to the lack of ventilation.

matthew900 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2013, 12:27 PM   #33722
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

im confused as to why you havent already just ordered a set of house brand steelies from summit. like $46 each, free shipping.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by revelc View Post
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Gone but not Forgotten: 97 TJs Build Up.

Dr. Marneaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2013, 12:27 PM   #33723
B0nez
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I run 10" wide rims (13.5" wide tires) with rim stiffeners/rock rings and don't have an issue with balance and I've aired down to 6 psi to wheel without popping off the bead.

What width tires are you running?
B0nez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2013, 12:29 PM   #33724
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Or wait, why also cant you put your tires on your wheels? Just go to a llantera and be done with it. Like we talked about, I've got 10.50's on 6" rims and they didnt bat an eye.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O' Donnell fat!

Quote:
Having a Full Size Jeep is likehaving a hot wife. When you take her out in public it turns heads, they can insight jealousy, you could look at them all day, they require a lot of attention, cost a lot to get them to do what you want them to do, but when they're not happy you'll be cussing, throwing things, and constantly weighing how much you'll lose if you divorce her.

The Beast Build Thread: Marns '73 Wagoneer Thread ----- The Camper Build Thread: Marns 1980 Jayco JayFinch6 Build Thread

Unread 12-18-2013, 12:34 PM   #33725
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by B0nez View Post
I run 10" wide rims (13.5" wide tires) with rim stiffeners/rock rings and don't have an issue with balance and I've aired down to 6 psi to wheel without popping off the bead.

What width tires are you running?
Mine are 10.5 wide so they don't air down as well. I haven't priced the stiffeners/rock rings what brand did you use and how pricey where they?
Unread 12-18-2013, 12:34 PM   #33726
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhk100
Remember my relationship rant a few days ago...??? I got 99 problems but a ...... ain't one... I kid I kid!!!
Don't get me wrong there are times when I think of all the amazing toys I could have if not married. What out weighs that is I really do enjoy married life because I'm married to a great woman.
And I really do have a ton of cars and crap already.
71 Chevy 3/4 ton
68 Camaro (rough)
97 zj
96 corolla
07 f-150
11 f-150 (work truck)
Add the wife's car and I've got too much **** and I need to downsize there is no other way around it I've gathered to much crap and have to much going on to justify it. I have downsized a few cars in the last couple years without adding anything. I now own no motorcycles and only 2 cars that don't run.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2013, 12:36 PM   #33727
ksturgio
1997 ZJ 

Oh and my wife makes 2 1/2 times what I make. That is a pretty good deciding factor. To her credit she has paid $12k of her student loans off in the last 6 months.
ksturgio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2013, 12:37 PM   #33728
Dr. Marneaus
Station Wagoneer

1973 FSJ Wagoneer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
I now own no motorcycles and only 2 cars that don't run.
Gladd to see you're making progress.

Quote:

Unread 12-18-2013, 12:40 PM   #33729
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Marneaus View Post
Or wait, why also cant you put your tires on your wheels? Just go to a llantera and be done with it. Like we talked about, I've got 10.50's on 6" rims and they didnt bat an eye.
I can but then discount tire is going to hassle me every time I ask them to do anything with the wheels because it's an "unsafe" combination and after I ran the numbers I discovered they were going to push in the tires I have an inch which is going to cause more rubbing issues.

I was going to hang on to the wheels and tires as a spare set for when I bumper tow but now my wifes friend wants them for her jeep because the tires it came with are rubbing and hurting the gas mileage.
Unread 12-18-2013, 12:41 PM   #33730
matthew900

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksturgio View Post
Don't get me wrong there are times when I think of all the amazing toys I could have if not married. What out weighs that is I really do enjoy married life because I'm married to a great woman.
And I really do have a ton of cars and crap already.
71 Chevy 3/4 ton
68 Camaro (rough)
97 zj
96 corolla
07 f-150
11 f-150 (work truck)
Add the wife's car and I've got too much **** and I need to downsize there is no other way around it I've gathered to much crap and have to much going on to justify it. I have downsized a few cars in the last couple years without adding anything. I now own no motorcycles and only 2 cars that don't run.
When our fleet hit 6 cars and two bikes the wife also made me downsize. She was right.
Unread 12-18-2013, 12:44 PM   #33731
sirhk100

You guys balance your wheels? I don't remember the last time I had that done... The weights never stay on anyways.

I'm hoping to be back up to 3 vehicles this Spring if things go right. My savings account is what tells me yes or no.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2013, 12:46 PM   #33732
Powrjunkey
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Smaller diameter tires.
Unread 12-18-2013, 01:09 PM   #33733
MMCKEIG
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Matthew you're a cheapass, the ebay deal is less than $60 a wheel, that's a pretty good deal for new. Don't let Power know you're going with Steel wheel, because it adds way TOO MUCH weight! haha Cheap steelies 15x8, ran them at 10 psi all the time with 10.5" tires and never had one break the bead, even in V-slot canyons, where I was riding the sidewalls. Bashed the hell out of them and all they do is bent, not break like alloy. easy to balance and easy to replace, especially since we all know you'll plow through them like rosie o'donell does some snickers bars!
MMCKEIG is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2013, 01:16 PM   #33734
sirhk100

Switch to a 6 lug chevy/toyota pattern, I'll make you a deal on 6 wheels in my sideyard!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/TPF-Racing/255393361194429
sirhk100 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-18-2013, 01:32 PM   #33735
ElSid

Pick a part on Sat. Anyone interested? Need a smog pump bracket for the CJ and a rear hatch for a Rav4 ... plus whatever else I find

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
ElSid is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.